• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Salary?

Harm said:
Not enough, but we've known that for years....

I was surprised what he was getting at Colorado School of Mines. I guess I'm not certain how accurate, someone had posted it on here somewhere but it was right in the ballpark of what we were paying MD? Correct me if I'm wrong.

signedbewildered said:
Harm said:
Not enough, but we've known that for years....

I was surprised what he was getting at Colorado School of Mines. I guess I'm not certain how accurate, someone had posted it on here somewhere but it was right in the ballpark of what we were paying MD? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Sounds about right

AllWeatherFan said:
Contract duration? Anyone?

Another good inquiry. Where are all the insiders with sources when one actually cares about what they have to say?

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Contract duration? Anyone?

Another good inquiry. Where are all the insiders with sources when one actually cares about what they have to say?

Remember, they weren't listened to, and they're pissed. So they're not talking. But maybe we'll luck out and they'll send a representative.

kemajic said:
$175 M base; same as Ash.

Are you certain? So monetarily it wasn't a big jump to come here unless Stitt really happens. I know "base" is just a portion (sometimes a small portion) of total earnings.

If Stitt did take a minor pay cut to come to Montana, it probably was a wash anyway. The cost of living in Colorado is higher than in Montana, so I would think that he's maybe making the same, if not a little bit more due to that.

Edit - actually, I'm not sure if Colorado is even that much more expensive to live in other than the Denver metro area. If anyone knows, it'd be good information to learn.

K is the metric representation of $1,000 dollars and is more commonly used, but anyone who knows the Roman system should have known M is the same thing. (Although in the metric system M could be equivalent to "milli") But in any event, I could adjust so my morning was saved.

One thing I did want to say is I have lunch with an alum of Winconsin Whitewater and he is a Texas high school football Referee and is up on college football being that his alma mater is one of the two teams in the national championship game year in and year out. He was the one who told me the coach wasn't going to Montana. Anyway, he told me at lunch yesterday after I told him what I thought the salary would be (and what an embarrassment it was) he said there are two local high school coaches who are paid more than that. At the time I thought it was around $167k -- or m.

The Montana coaching job has a base salary but it also has a lot of built in incentives that could push Stitt well beyond his salary at mines.

Grizzlies1982 said:
dupuyer griz said:
175 m or 175 k. I would assume its the latter.

"M" = $1,000 in the financial world.
"MM" = what you're thinking of ( 1,000 x $1,000).

last time i checked, egriz wasn't the financial world, but rather part of the rest of the world, which also bandies about salary figures, and would use the "$175k" descriptor.

get'em_griz said:
If Stitt did take a minor pay cut to come to Montana, it probably was a wash anyway. The cost of living in Colorado is higher than in Montana, so I would think that he's maybe making the same, if not a little bit more due to that.

Edit - actually, I'm not sure if Colorado is even that much more expensive to live in other than the Denver metro area. If anyone knows, it'd be good information to learn.

The real estate market in Missoula has to be tough on recruiting. I wonder if there is any cost of living differential negotiated in the package? I'm sure that is all negotiated when it gets to that point.

TxGriz said:
get'em_griz said:

The real estate market in Missoula has to be tough on recruiting. I wonder if there is any cost of living differential negotiated in the package? I'm sure that is all negotiated when it gets to that point.

I do know that coaches do get some perks that help offset costs of living in Missoula, but that is all a part of the package.

TxGriz said:
get'em_griz said:

Ok real estate agent needs to jump in here. The median sales price of a home in Golden a Colorado is $405,000. The median sales price of a home in Missoula is $227,500 right now. The real estate market in Missoula is not "tough" on top coaches that come here, especially in this situation of those coming out of a market that's nearly double Missoula's prices. What coaches he brings might actually be able to own here, where they might not have in Golden.

BWahlberg said:
The Montana coaching job has a base salary but it also has a lot of built in incentives that could push Stitt well beyond his salary at mines.

Have a friend who is big in the MSU QB Club. We were talking about coaches salaries in connection with any chance of moving up to a FBS conference and he stated that both Ash and Delaney were making between 350K and 400K when you add in all the perks, bonuses for this and that (bonus for winning record, bonus for playing FBS school, bonus for beating the Cats, playoff wins, grades, ect), camp income, radio and TV show income and so on.

Anyone know if this is correct?

Back