• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wags! Revisited

highplainsgriz

I think it's a sickening state of affairs that the thread congratulating All-American Zach Wagenmann is buried on the second page of this forum, with only 5 replies.

Instead of all the hand wringing about whether Coach Stitt is the right hire or the wrong hire, worrying about things that we CANNOT control, maybe we all ought to sit back and be thankful for the things we can, such as congratulating one of the finest student athletes our proud university has ever produced.

Congratulations Zach!!! And best of luck in your future.

I think it goes without saying that Wags was an absolute BEAST this year and will be greatly missed. Congrats on a great season!!!! Best of luck in the NFL! (Please God let him play for and bring the Raiders back to relevancy.) GO GRIZ!!!!
50a8590c8a4f6.preview-620.jpg

UofMGrizFan said:
I think it goes without saying that Wags was an absolute BEAST this year and will be greatly missed. Congrats on a great season!!!! Best of luck in the NFL! (Please God let him play for and bring the Raiders back to relevancy.) GO GRIZ!!!!
50a8590c8a4f6.preview-620.jpg
This is Tripp, right?

I think it goes without saying that Wags was an absolute BEAST this year and will be greatly missed. Congrats on a great season!!!! Best of luck in the NFL! (Please God let him play for and bring the VIKINGS back to relevancy.) GO GRIZ!!!!

FIFY :p

I am predicting 4th round pick in the upcoming NFL draft. I like him a lot in Atlanta, opposite Kroy....Thanks Wags, you were the inspiration of the defense!

Congrats to Wags, of course, the best in the country in my opinion. Also props to Matt Hermanson as well. Funny, he got maligned quite often but was still seen by outsiders as one of the best in the country.

I liked the way he played, I know he missed a couple of high profile tackles, but hell everybody does. Just stands out more when you are the last man back.

I think Wags gets work on Sunday, I don't expect Hermie to but good luck to him in whatever he does. I am proud that he wore the maroon and silver!

Zach embodies all that is great about GRIZ football in general and #37 in particular.

He could have gone elsewhere, but he stayed home and thank God he did--he was definitely the leader of our conference-leading D this year !!!

I hope to see him join the growing list of GRIZ in the NFL next year !!!

billingsgriz said:
Zach embodies all that is great about GRIZ football in general and #37 in particular. He could have gone elsewhere, but he stayed home and thank God he did--he was definitely the leader of our conference-leading D this year !!!
Agree. Zach represents Missoula, UM and the Grizzlies so well. A great athlete, a terrific sense of humor, a self-deprecating humility, a terrific role model, and a well spoken representative of all the good that we like to see in sports.

Zach is probably the best defensive end the Griz have ever had, and a local kid at that, which is awesome.

Heard some news his draft "stock" took a drop after the Poly game - but considering the path he took to get to where he is that won't deter him. Remember he was a walk-on that was slated to be an OT... yeah... haha.

Best of luck moving forward and congrats on the award!

B9315512746Z.1_20141215193215_000_GPN9DUGM7.1-0.jpg

Hey.....get back here!!

Zack truly could get you from anywhere on the field. He will be missed!

Best of luck in the NFL (Cowboys could use a good DE).. :thumb:

highplainsgriz said:
I think it's a sickening state of affairs that the thread congratulating All-American Zach Wagenmann is buried on the second page of this forum, with only 5 replies.

Instead of all the hand wringing about whether Coach Stitt is the right hire or the wrong hire, worrying about things that we CANNOT control, maybe we all ought to sit back and be thankful for the things we can, such as congratulating one of the finest student athletes our proud university has ever produced.

Congratulations Zach!!! And best of luck in your future.

I'm generally not a huge fan of Griz football players coming on here and stirring up praise from gullible e-grizzers, but this one's actually pretty funny. Nicely done, Zach! :clap:

Wondering if he will be taking part of the Senior Bowl He's still listed as being on the watch list for it. Great national exposure to increase draft stock just to be apart of it.

Still no love for Matt Hermanson. Swear I don't understand, but then I thought computer were a fad so what do I know. Maybe it's more fun to complain that the last coach ran too much pro-set and this new one will run too much spread. Enjoy

Wags was an absolute stud on the field. But he is an even better person off the field and he sets the standard for being a model griz athlete.

The picture says it all, but thank you Zack for all the special memories on behalf of my family. Best wishes as you transition to the big league - we are fans for life. Regardless of what happens in your pro career, your character will take you far. Thanks and good luck!!

Congrats to all the Seniors... As far as the NFL, none of that Raider / Cowboy trash... Only Seahawks :thumb:

Back