• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Kick Return

SaskGriz

DONOR
Okay, this will be a non-Stitt (Welcome COACH!!!) and non Hauck post.

Let's lighten the mood a bit;

PR: John Nuygen stays on PR: Finished second in the Big Sky and his shifty feet and quick acceleration are a plus.

KR: We were not as good, averaged less than 20/return mostly with John back there. So here's the solution....ready for it?....... drum roll.......Herbert Gamboa!

Top end speed up there with Jamal or Travon, give 222 lbs a rolling start and watch the sparks fly.

I might be a genius. :?

Last report I heard on Ellis was he was feeling as well as he had in a very long time and was starting to communicate with the university about getting things rolling here again.

Disclaimer: I'm pretty certain I heard that here on egriz so take it for what its worth.

signedbewildered said:
Last report I heard on Ellis was he was feeling as well as he had in a very long time and was starting to communicate with the university about getting things rolling here again.

Disclaimer: I'm pretty certain I heard that here on egriz so take it for what its worth.

That would be so awesome to have him back in the line-up! Great News :thumb:

Nuygen doesn't cut it as a kick returner, doesn't have the top end speed imo. Makes a decent punt returner with his shifty feet, as long as he catches and holds onto the ball. Henderson is much needed back there next season.

Sorry to say it but I will be glad when all the Nguyen boys have graduated. To scary with the muffed punts for me. :oops: :eek: :oops:

I say have Nguyen pound the rock as #1 or #2 behind Logwood, then the "on the edge of our seats, is he going to catch it", will go away. Stoked about Henderson.

G-BEARS said:
Nuygen doesn't cut it as a kick returner, doesn't have the top end speed imo. Makes a decent punt returner with his shifty feet, as long as he catches and holds onto the ball. Henderson is much needed back there next season.

And there in lies the problem...

So no love for Gamboa at KR? Is it the re tapping of the hands for LB that is scaring Griz fans away. Hendo coming back would be a good send and he will dominate because he's flat out a major stud.

SaskGriz said:
So no love for Gamboa at KR? Is it the re tapping of the hands for LB that is scaring Griz fans away. Hendo coming back would be a good send and he will dominate because he's flat out a major stud.

I think Gamboa at KR would be asking for a lot of trouble. He's not an experienced returner, he's not as well versed as players on offense about how to carry and secure the ball, he's added weight/muscle so while he's fast he's not as fast as he once was. Can he identify lanes and blocks like WR/RBs do on kick returns? Finally he's a vital guy on our defense I'd hate to see him get hurt bad returning a kick and then lose him on the other side of the ball.

If Henderson can get back (which I bet he does) he's our guy.

I don't mind Nguyen, he's a good returner, he doesn't have that high motor to keep his speed up. Just like his brother, which leads to getting caught from behind. Fumble issues are concerning, none lost, can't remember but I don't think he put any on the ground on kickoffs, just punts.

I honestly liked Logwood in his returns, he had a bad fumble in the USD game but showed some promise too.

BWahlberg said:
SaskGriz said:

I think Gamboa at KR would be asking for a lot of trouble. He's not an experienced returner, he's not as well versed as players on offense about how to carry and secure the ball, he's added weight/muscle so while he's fast he's not as fast as he once was. Can he identify lanes and blocks like WR/RBs do on kick returns? Finally he's a vital guy on our defense I'd hate to see him get hurt bad returning a kick and then lose him on the other side of the ball.

If Henderson can get back (which I bet he does) he's our guy.

I don't mind Nguyen, he's a good returner, he doesn't have that high motor to keep his speed up. Just like his brother, which leads to getting caught from behind. Fumble issues are concerning, none lost, can't remember but I don't think he put any on the ground on kickoffs, just punts.

I honestly liked Logwood in his returns, he had a bad fumble in the USD game but showed some promise too.

Remember how that cost us though! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SaskGriz said:

Tell you what, I've been waiting for Herbert to take an interception to the house.

AllWeatherFan said:
SaskGriz said:

Tell you what, I've been waiting for Herbert to take an interception to the house.

Agreed with Kendrick grabbed that pass against Sac State, I kept waiting for Gamboa to loom up on the outside for the pitch, that would have been "good night nurse"

SaskGriz said:

Too valuable at LB.

WyomingGrizFan said:
RobGriz said:
Two words:
Caleb Lyons.

Chris Parker.

Caleb's stats from high school. Couldn't find Chris's. Do you have the WGF?

Kickoff and Punt Returns
Year Grade Team GP KO Rets Yds Avg Lng P Rets Yds Avg Lng FC KR Yds
Varsity Totals 29 25 786 31.4 100 19 330 17.4 78 1 1116

Back