• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Calling You Out

Copper Griz

Stitt was hired. Announce now whether you like the hire or not. That way we have no back peddling, oh golly I was wrong, bandwagon supporters. I for one fully support the hire and will eat crow in huge helpings if Stitt fails. How about you? It is on the record moving forward that way and BW will have material for his charts and graphs. Up or down, cast a vote or you are a poser clown.

Copper Griz said:
Stitt was hired. Announce now whether you like the hire or not. That way we have no back peddling, oh golly I was wrong, bandwagon supporters. I for one fully support the hire and will eat crow in huge helpings if Stitt fails. How about you? It is on the record moving forward that way and BW will have material for his charts and graphs. Up or down, cast a vote or you are a poser clown.

Fully support this decision. Like I said in other posts.......it has been 13+ years. Time to stop the "status quo". Time to move onward and upward.

Now is a great time to be a Griz.

Copper Griz said:

Now that it finally happened, and much research, I am behind the Stitt's hiring and fully support it. Had Stitt not retained the coaches he did, I would not be as supportive.

Love the hire! And I'm from the Copper/Silver/Gold Dornblazzer days.

To quote Shaq "quote it, print it".

I also thought MD did a great job putting the program back on firm footing.
I thought Plu ran a great spread and still think we only ran out of time against SH st. in '11'
Bobby Hauck was legend and should have had at least one Chipper, loved how cocky he was and the way we walked in expecting to win.
Joe Glenn won us a National Championship
Mick Dennehy was unlucky not to win one. (see Randy Moss)
Don Read is the greatest football mind I've ever come across (I took classes from him in 88 and 89)
Larry Donovan was the only one of all of them to coach in the pros.

We've never struck out with a coach, we give them the keys.... not to a Caddy, to a jacked up, 454 cubic inch, gun racked, 4X4 with a huge sub under the back seat. This Stitt will ROLL this thing. GO GRIZ

GrizMusician said:
mtgrizrule said:
GrizMusician said:

Is that a yes or no for/against the Stitt hire?

I prefer not to judge someone based on the preconceived notions of others. :thumb:

Would this be a preconceived notion or yes/no?

Re: Pelini to youngstown
by GrizMusician » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:12 pm

HELL NO... Pelini is an asshat. We don't need that bad energy in our program.

GrizMusician
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: Griz

Whether someone likes the hire or not doesn't mean they can't change their mind. Just think if you had to make your mind up about your significant other right off the bat and couldn't change your mind as you got to know them?

What I WON'T do is judge Stitt based on how the 1st year is going. I made that mistake with Pflu through his first 14-15 games and was proven very wrong by the end of his second season. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the first couple seasons, even if things don't go quite according to Hoyle.

I was on the Hauck bandwagon until a day or two after Stitts name came up. Then I was on the fence. Then I educated myself. Stitts a leader and a thinker. He's the man.

:?:
mtgrizrule said:
Copper Griz said:

Now that it finally happened, and much research, I am behind the Stitt's hiring and fully support it. Had Stitt not retained the coaches he did, I would not be as supportive.

I can't predict how successful Coach Stitt will be but his track record is strong IMO. He definitely deserves a shot. This coaching move is certainly less risky than firing Pflu and
bringing back and keeping Delaney for three years. C'mon. What does Griz Nation really have to lose? This is a "no brainer" calculated risk IMO. I just don't see a huge downside with this hire.

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
I'm in 100%!

Until our first punt.

Punt? I don't think that is part of his offensive scheme.

Bob Stitt @CoachBobStitt · Sep 7
I'm feeling so much better since I eliminated punting from my diet! #StittHappens

I'm in!! I would have been OK with Hauck or Pease. But I am happy with this.

Back