• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt on XM radio channel 91

Richard Cranium

Friday morning at 9:00 a.m. (MT) Bob Stitt will be on the Tim Brando Show. It's a great 3 hour show dedicated to college football. Brando often has Sam Houston State HC K.C. Keeler on as well as NDSU head coach, even Bo Baldwin. I find it odd Stitt is going to be on the show at 9:00 a.m. MT when UM announces him as our coach at 10:00 MT. Tune in to hear our new coach on XM 91. Go Griz!!!!

Notwithstanding the fact that a hypothetical taped interview would necessarily happen even longer before the 9am air time versus the 10am press conference. Barring flux capacitor intervention, of course.

As Timmy B. was introducing Stitt as the new coach of the Griz they were playing out fight song. Timmy B. mentioned the big M on the mountain overlooking the stadium. It was a great and fun interview. And, for the G punk, the interview was live, cuz they mentioned the pressed coming up in just a few minutes.

Sorry, this is going to be kind of spotty. Going from memory.

Brando said he is the guy that is credited a lot with the WV and Texas A&M offenses. Sumlin apparently raves about Stitt.

Really wasn't looking for a job until he got a call from KH. Passed on a lot of calls, as he loved Golden. Grew up in Nebraska, and Montana is similar in its passion for football. Can't believe he was fortunate enough to get this job. One of only a few that he would have considered. "Would only consider places where football really matters".

Credits KH for thinking "outside the box" in hiring him. Excited to install his offense with a higher caliber athlete. Looks forward to recruiting with scholarships. Knows the level of scrutiny is way higher.

Thinks the level they played at was much better than people think. Sam Houston lost by 26 to their conference champion. Mines lost by a touchdown.

Talked a little about the teams in the FBS playoff. Broke down FSU v. Oregon.

Uptempo offense is "the equalizer" against a team that may have better offense. Simply can't practice against it at game speed.

Also talked about his past as a head baseball coach and head track (I think) coach at a small college, just to make ends meet.

Loved how he talked about running the ball in his offense and if they can get to 8 plays in a drive how statistically it has shown over years that points come from it with wearing the defense down....that is in part to where the 4th down conversations come into play.

After listening to that....I would want to play for that guy. He has something about him.

I don't have a link but used the Sirius xm app on my iPad and just replayed the interview on the Tim Brando show. Great interview. Brando was really talking up the Griz program and was very happy for Stitt to get an opportunity like this. Brando asked Stitt a lot of other football related questions, bowl games, Mariota, etc. you could tell that his football expertise is very well respected by the media. I don't think that Brando, or anyone else for that matter, would have done this type of an interview or asked these types of questions with Hauck or Pease.

Back