• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Great moment from the press conference - ovation for Mick

BWahlberg

DONOR
Worthy of it's own thread I'd say. Royce Engstrom gave thanks to Mick Delaney for his guidance and leadership of the football program and the whole room gave him a round of applause. But unlike the usual "thanks" applause that lasts 5 seconds people just kept on clapping - and then after what seemed like 20 seconds or so it turned into a standing ovation for Mick. His wife was with him, they both seemed pretty overwhelmed with emotion by the thanks the crowd gave them.

There's a lot of deep respect for Mick and the work he did for the Griz - a great outpouring of thanks to him for his time.

10463671_398925516924064_7736429048953377454_o.jpg

Thanks for all you have done............

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well old friend I hate to see ya go.

:cry:

Truth. He was truly under-appreciated for what he did. He came in and kept us afloat in a very troubling time. Not to mention the work he did with running backs before that. He is probably very responsible for Jordon Canada staying in school

Absolutely fitting for a man who guided the Griz through an extraordinarily difficult period. Kudos Mick and the Missus. :clap: :thumb:

He was the right man for the job at the right time! A blessing for all things griz!!! Well done Coach! :clap:

BWahlberg said:
Worthy of it's own thread I'd say. Royce Engstrom gave thanks to Mick Delaney for his guidance and leadership of the football program and the whole room gave him a round of applause. But unlike the usual "thanks" applause that lasts 5 seconds people just kept on clapping - and then after what seemed like 20 seconds or so it turned into a standing ovation for Mick. His wife was with him, they both seemed pretty overwhelmed with emotion by the thanks the crowd gave them.

There's a lot of deep respect for Mick and the work he did for the Griz - a great outpouring of thanks to him for his time.

10463671_398925516924064_7736429048953377454_o.jpg

Much deserved! :clap: :thumb: Wish I could have been there to join in

I liked the old fart. He was not the best coach we have had but one hell of a nice guy. Enjoy your retired days and come around and visit us every once in a while Mick!

A not young former assistant coach told me recently that Mick is "best" he ever worked with, and the coach had probably worked at maybe 8 schools. The former asst had huge respect for Mick. Said he was great with players, assistants and other staff.

I would suggest a new award be created to honor Mick with the most inspirational individual in the football program. It could be player, coach, trainer, doc etc. His character is incredible and brought a lot to the table when it clearly needed something.

What a great man! I've looked up to and respected Mick all my life. He gave everything he had, everywhere he's ever been. He's a winner in every facet.

He's truly a fortunate person, havng "never worked a day" in his life, because he followed his passion.

Standing :clap: Tap'er Light!

Latest posts

Back