• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What do we know about Jesse Sims?

HookedonGriz

DONOR
He decommitted from Oregon State. It sounds like both the Griz and Cats would love to land him. I believe he has a sister who is a basketball player for the Griz. I heard he, Ryan, and Daum are arguably the top three recruits in MT. Do the Griz have a shot at pulling off the tri-fecta?? Would be awesome.

I heard he loves winning and hates getting piss pounded late in the season, aslo has no vim...those would all lean towards him coming to Montana!

So after watching film on him I'm saying this guy plays linebacker for us??? Am I right? To me he does not look fast. Kinda just big strong and bulky.

Love to land this guy, sims, daum, and ryan. Also that and willy and woody and the two OL commits (hopefully at least one or two more). BOOM this would maybe the best offence for many years to come!! Willy said on his tweet mail that he is graduating today so it sounds like he is on his way here...wow just wow... :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb: GO EFFING GRIZ!! :egriz:

This class would be amazing with Ryan, Daum, Sims and Bingham. I hope we can land them all. It would also be amazing if we could get the 6'5" Cali kid to decommit from the cats to the Griz.

Most of the people in my cirlce say he is soft in the head a lot. Watching him play he is just kind of out there instead of a killer mentality. He would make a perfect Cat player and keep those jerks 3rd rate in the state.

Big G said:
Most of the people in my cirlce say he is soft in the head a lot. Watching him play he is just kind of out there instead of a killer mentality. He would make a perfect Cat player and keep those jerks 3rd rate in the state.

You just can't help but to be negative...can you?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
So after watching film on him I'm saying this guy plays linebacker for us??? Am I right? To me he does not look fast. Kinda just big strong and bulky.

Not so sure. I read an article where he went to a Nike elite camp and really wasn't on anyone's radar at the time. After the camp, he was the number one tight end and I think even won some awards there. It said he caught everything and played at a higher level than most.

Big G said:

Some good reads...

http://www.northwestprepreport.com/tag/jesse-sims/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guess your "circle" isn't big enough. I'd compare to Wags personality and that seemed to work out ok for us. He doesn't talk trash (He doesn't need to) He is the first to give his teammates credit before himself. He's unselfish, hard worker, he stays out of trouble and is focused on his duties on the field and his responsibilities off the field in the classroom, the weight room and the community.

He's competitive, not a slacker. He will do good things wherever he ends up. Who knows, there's always track.

Big G said:
Please. Just. Go. Away.

Fahque said:
Big G said:
Please. Just. Go. Away.

Circle is such a small town though. Not sure many have watched him play football back there. Tell the Jensen's hi from me......

Big G said:

How's that circle jerk of one working out for you . Did you mention something in you post about a soft head. How's that one working ? :roll:

MissoulaPreps: Corvallis TE Sims visiting Griz, Cats

Back in early December, Corvallis prospect Jesse Sims de-committed from Oregon State, University where he had planned to play college football, after head coach Mike Riley left for Nebraska.

Almost six weeks later, he’s coming closer to making a decision — again — to where he will take his football talents. But not quite yet.

“There’s honestly not a whole lot new since then,” Sims said Monday evening after a Corvallis basketball practice. “Still just waiting to see what kind of coaching staff they’ll put in.”

The “they” in that statement is of course Oregon State, where Sims said he’d still like to play. An NCAA Division-I program in the Pac-12 Conference, the Beavers were Sims’s first choice when he committed back in August and they’d still be now.

But Sims wants to play tight end and he needs to make sure the Beavers still want him. New head coach Gary Anderson runs a different offense and Sims is uneasy about the role — or possible lack thereof — that tight ends might play in the system.

In the meantime Pac-12 schools like USC and Arizona State are courting the 6-foot-4, 235-pounder, as well as Nebraska. But he’s keeping his options open, too.

Sims will make official recruiting visits to Montana’s two D-I FCS programs this month. He visits Montana State this coming weekend, Jan. 16-17. He’ll be in Missoula the next weekend, Jan. 23-24, to see the program at Montana and new head football coach Bob Stitt.

Could the locals pull off the coup and snag this once promising Pac-12 prospect? We should know soon enough.

National signing day is right around the corner, Feb. 4.

Say what you want about a TE not fitting in Stitt's offense, which is incorrect. There is always room on a team for 6'4" 235-pound athlete who runs a 4.6 40. That's just incredible size and speed for a man facing a CB or safety in space.

griz4life said:
Say what you want about a TE not fitting in Stitt's offense, which is incorrect. There is always room on a team for 6'4" 235-pound athlete who runs a 4.6 40. That's just incredible size and speed for a man facing a CB or safety in space.

There is really no place for a traditional blocking tight end in Stitt's offense. There is a place for a big receiving target that moves well with the ball. Don't know if they'd be called a tight end, however.

Back