• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Woody Brandom Quotes

ordigger

DONOR
Quotes from Colters free article on Bobcat Nation

So if he had so many negative opinions of Missoula, and the Grizzlies from his visit, why then did he commit in the first place?

“It influenced me a lot,” Brandom said. “When the new coaches came in, I really didn’t hear much from them. Not a lot of communication back and forth. I spoke with (recruiting coordinator) Coach (Justin) Green a few times. It was short conversations. Basically he just ended up telling me that they didn’t need me so it wasn’t that hard of a decision (to de-commit).

“That offense has nowhere for me to play. It’s strictly spread with receivers, no tight ends.”

“When I went up to Missoula, it was Week 3 of football season,” Brandom said. “I felt like when I went up there, everything was kind of unorganized. But when I went up to Bozeman, everything was handled very well. All the coaches were all nice and just very solid on their knowledge of the place more than Missoula I think. And I think just the football players in general were just more welcoming and inviting to me unlike Missoula, where it was kind of iffy and you didn’t really feel like home.

ordigger said:
Quotes from Colters free article on Bobcat Nation

So if he had so many negative opinions of Missoula, and the Grizzlies from his visit, why then did he commit in the first place?

“It influenced me a lot,” Brandom said. “When the new coaches came in, I really didn’t hear much from them. Not a lot of communication back and forth. I spoke with (recruiting coordinator) Coach (Justin) Green a few times. It was short conversations. Basically he just ended up telling me that they didn’t need me so it wasn’t that hard of a decision (to de-commit).

“That offense has nowhere for me to play. It’s strictly spread with receivers, no tight ends.”

“When I went up to Missoula, it was Week 3 of football season,” Brandom said. “I felt like when I went up there, everything was kind of unorganized. But when I went up to Bozeman, everything was handled very well. All the coaches were all nice and just very solid on their knowledge of the place more than Missoula I think. And I think just the football players in general were just more welcoming and inviting to me unlike Missoula, where it was kind of iffy and you didn’t really feel like home.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Week 3 of the football season is a lot different than an official visit after the football season. Coaches are coaching during weak 3. They maybe have one coach who is your contact and that is about it. Coaches are recruiting only after the season. Totally different animal. I am sure he knows that. I am sure there are some hard feelings based on the fact that he initially wanted to go here and was told he really didn't fit with the new scheme. Totally opposite with Daum.

Good luck Woody. Have fun, stay healthy and get your degree. Montana is a great place. In my opinion both Missoula and Bozeman are great college towns.

Makes you wonder why he verbaled after the October visit if things were so unorganized and the players weren't welcoming or inviting.

Maybe Cody Kempt will have a little something to say to him about what the word 'commitment' means.

Can't blame an 18 year old kid to be frustrated. I swear... I don't get how people expect these kids to say the exact politically correct thing when being interviewed. No need to get offended. It is a better fit for him and allows us to get a player who is a better fit for Stitt's system.

Meh...its a Win Win. He gets to go play in the almighty mecca of the outdoor world, get an engineering degree, make $1,000,000/year coming out of college, play for a well organized coaching staff who knows how to get it done, especially when Griz-Cat day comes around.

And our coaches don't have to deal with the over bearing father when his son isn't getting enough playing time.

statler & waldorf said:
Way to go, Stitt. "Unorganized," "iffy." The Peter Principle in action?
Week three (the week he was talking about) had NOTHING to do with Stitt

He was jilted by his suitor and is putting on a brave face. He is saying, in essence, "I didn't want them anyway". Hardly surprising.

grizfnz said:
Makes you wonder why he verbaled after the October visit if things were so unorganized and the players weren't welcoming or inviting.
I agree. But I also feel for an athlete to be told he wasn't going to fit into the new offense. I realize it happens everywhere every year. He is reacting how most 18 year old after being rejected even if they didn't pull the offer. Kind of like us saying we didn't want him anyway when a kid picks someone other than Montana. He is now trying to say he did want us anyway.

I am guessing his TE speed is not equal to the speed of someone like Sims, thus he does not fit into the new offense, where as a TE like Sims would.

NativeGriz said:
grizfnz said:
I agree. But I also feel for an athlete to be told he wasn't going to fit into the new offense. I realize it happens everywhere every year. He is reacting how most 18 year old after being rejected even if they didn't pull the offer. Kind of like us saying we didn't want him anyway when a kid picks someone other than Montana. He is now trying to say he did want us anyway.

I am guessing his TE speed is not equal to the speed of someone like Sims, thus he does not fit into the new offense, where as a TE like Sims would.

How does one become a 3-star TE prospect if you don't have FCS-level speed?

NativeGriz said:

Listed 40 times

Sims 4.83
Brandom 4.87
Bingham 5.00

84431295.gif

Back