• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Facility upgrades ?

mtgrizrule

I know this is kind of a ridiculous request but someone asked me, "Is there a short video, detailing the facility upgrades?" I know there are the drawings, but not aware of anymore than that. He is asking because he knows a few families with kids 7th grade to HS JR's beginning to look into potential football programs in the west. He feels a video introducing and explaining the upgrades would be more beneficial for potential recruiting until the upgrades are completed.

Thanks in advance.

mtgrizrule said:
I know this is kind of a ridiculous request but someone asked me, "Is there a short video, detailing the facility upgrades?" I know there are the drawings, but not aware of anymore than that. He is asking because he knows a few families with kids 7th grade to HS JR's beginning to look into potential football programs in the west. He feels a video introducing and explaining the upgrades would be more beneficial for potential recruiting until the upgrades are completed.

Thanks in advance.

Im assuming you mean a video of what the facilities will look like?

I work with tons of developers and engineering companies and from my experience those firms generally don't put together a video this early in the process. After the drawings are released, it will be numerous meetings to really nail down the nuts and bolts as to all the material and architecture that will go inside and outside. These take forever and change continually. I would guess by this time next year or maybe late fall this year that a video like you are requesting would be put together.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
mtgrizrule said:

Thanks in advance.

Im assuming you mean a video of what the facilities will look like?

I work with tons of developers and engineering companies and from my experience those firms generally don't put together a video this early in the process. After the drawings are released, it will be numerous meetings to really nail down the nuts and bolts as to all the material and architecture that will go inside and outside. These take forever and change continually. I would guess by this time next year or maybe late fall this year that a video like you are requesting would be put together.

That makes more sense. I do hope as this progresses there is more to show potential recruits and their families. :thumb:

I have it on good authority that the next item on the board after the Champions Center is an indoor practice facility. When this particular person said that, I asked "when is the move to the MWC?" When he said "hopefully never" I hung up on him.

AZGrizFan said:
I have it on good authority that the next item on the board after the Champions Center is an indoor practice facility. When this particular person said that, I asked "when is the move to the MWC?" When he said "hopefully never" I hung up on him.

Well, they are going to need a place for the woman's softball team to practice..

;)

grizcountry420 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well, they are going to need a place for the woman's softball team to practice..

;)

It will get used by indoor track, soccer, football and softball.

Not really what you are looking for, but here is a video of the artist's renderings:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=AGwX1RxzD3Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

84GRIZ said:
grizcountry420 said:
AZGrizFan said:

;)

I know, i was just being a smartass.. It will be a much needed facility!

:cool:

gah-riz said:
Not really what you are looking for, but here is a video of the artist's renderings:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=AGwX1RxzD3Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for posting that, I loved it..... :clap: :thumb:

stilwtrgrizz said:
gah-riz said:

Thanks for posting that, I loved it..... :clap: :thumb:

I saw that before and forgot completely about it. I think that will due until more is added for people to see. Thank you.

I did already provide him with the link to gogriz.com for interested athletes. I'm not sure if any of the kids or parents have filled anything out yet though.

gah-riz said:

That was a fairly good video.

;) another entertaining link . . . :clap:
;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=CK5hmVUnVkU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

84GRIZ said:
grizcountry420 said:
AZGrizFan said:

;)

I am not 100% on this but my understanding is an indoor softball facility will get built this spring near the new field. My understanding is it will be privately built and owned and leased back to UM for the softball team to use and rented out to community teams to pay for it. I don't think it will be sized or used for football though.

Grizbeer said:
84GRIZ said:
grizcountry420 said:
AZGrizFan said:

;)

I am not 100% on this but my understanding is an indoor softball facility will get built this spring near the new field. My understanding is it will be privately built and owned and leased back to UM for the softball team to use and rented out to community teams to pay for it. I don't think it will be sized or used for football though.
Then that would not be the same indoor practice facility about which we had a conversation. The guy I talked with specifically said it was a next item on the agenda for fundraising after the champion center.

Grizbeer said:
84GRIZ said:
grizcountry420 said:
AZGrizFan said:

;)

That's nice to hear, softballs becoming rather large in Missoula, having an indoor facility will be helpful to compete with the all season states in the south. Also I would like to see the UofMs indoor practice facility be separate from the softball stuff if possible.

AZGrizFan said:
And I am not going to call you back either asshole.

BTW somebody tell Mr "Chick".......Vegas trip is March 18-23

:coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I'll be just back from Hawaii then and fresh out of dinero.

Call me. :( :(

AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I'll be just back from Hawaii then and fresh out of dinero.

Call me. :( :(

Maybe?

AZGrizFan said:
Good for him... :thumb:

Back