• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sac State Brings in FBS Transfers at QB (SMU and Baylor)

AllWeatherFan

DONOR
Looks like the Hornets are trying to step it up a notch:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/24/smu-baylor-qbs-transfer-to-sacramento-state/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It would be nice for them to become a consistent contender. I'm so sick the programs outside of Montana and Montana State do not have good fan support. Sac State has an opportunity to get some additional fans. It will take them becoming a national FCS contender though to get it.

I honestly welcome them or Portland State to up their programs.

mtgrizrule said:
It would be nice for them to become a consistent contender. I'm so sick the programs outside of Montana and Montana State do not have good fan support. Sac State has an opportunity to get some additional fans. It will take them becoming a national FCS contender though to get it.

I hate to tell you this but for 2013 Sac avg 7868. While EWU who supposedly has tons of fans avg 7822.http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2013Release.pdf.
I am sure there is data for last year but I am too lazy to search anymore than I did.
It is odd when one is at a Sac game. The team could be on offense and the fans are screaming, not much different than EWU fans, for free pizza. Point is though they do have a fan base, is it great no. It is not horrible though. Look at the list and you will find numerous well known teams avg the same or not much more. They need to make the playoffs or at least have a shot at them going into the last game to get the fan base more energized. Don't forget that they have to deal with the Kings also.

polsongrizz said:
mtgrizrule said:

I hate to tell you this but for 2013 Sac avg 7868. While EWU who supposedly has tons of fans avg 7822.http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2013Release.pdf.
I am sure there is data for last year but I am too lazy to search anymore than I did.
It is odd when one is at a Sac game. The team could be on offense and the fans are screaming, not much different than EWU fans, for free pizza. Point is though they do have a fan base, is it great no. It is not horrible though. Look at the list and you will find numerous well known teams avg the same or not much more. They need to make the playoffs or at least have a shot at them going into the last game to get the fan base more energized. Don't forget that they have to deal with the Kings also.
The Kings mean nothing to Sac State..in the fall, it is a short trip to Cal or Stanford. The coast is a draw on week ends as are the mountains and Reno....I am impressed Sac State gets as many people as they do. Their basketball team is number one in the BSC this year with a gym that is not even equal to a modern high school's.

GrizLA said:
polsongrizz said:
mtgrizrule said:

The Kings mean nothing to Sac State..in the fall, it is a short trip to Cal or Stanford. The coast is a draw on week ends as are the mountains and Reno....I am impressed Sac State gets as many people as they do. Their basketball team is number one in the BSC this year with a gym that is not even equal to a modern high school's.
I agree to a point. The whole time I lived in Sac I never went to a game until they joined the BSC and the Griz came to town. All of the people I hung out with all had King season tickets.
Yeah we would head to the City for a game here or there and to just hang out. But in my experience it was the Kings that got in the way. BTW, when the CFL came to town we all had season tickets for that also.

GrizLA said:
polsongrizz said:
mtgrizrule said:

I thought they were building a new, state of the art basketball arena, LA. Any idea when that will be completed?

Update: I just fired up the Google. The students rejected a $500 fee increase, so it looks like the project is dead for now. California apparently won't spend state money on any project that doesn't directly involve academics.

polsongrizz said:
mtgrizrule said:

The team could be on offense and the fans are screaming, not much different than EWU fans, for free pizza.

Hahaha! Perfect!

You have to do something to jumpstart a program. Its worth a try. Lord knows, taking a team from the toilet to the trophy room can't be done overnight. Evidently, the right coach at the right time is not on the Sac State short list. Don Read, Mike Kramer. MSU fans might consider Rob Ash.

Back