• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wagenmann with some Bleacher Report love

alabamagrizzly

Little article about Wagenmann being a good possible late round pick for Green Bay.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2343074-5-late-round-sleepers-who-would-be-perfect-for-green-bay/page/6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's undersized to the point where it's out of the question for him to play as a defensive end in a 4-3 scheme. He probably can't play 3-4 Sam linebacker, either. With Matthews moving to inside linebacker in nickel situations, though, that opens up a perfect rotational opportunity for Wagenmann down the line.

As a player in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, we're not talking about a future Hall of Famer, but he's a solid rotational piece in a defense who can come off the bench and provide pressure with fresh legs. He's proven to do that at the college level, and he could be worth a sixth- or seventh-round pick to assure he's in training camp.

a) He's undersized? Who's to say he can't add 20 lb's and be just as effective as Biermann?
b) So, just because he played in the Collegiate Bowl he's not a potential hall of famer? Interesting leap of logic....

AZGrizFan said:
a) He's undersized? Who's to say he can't add 20 lb's and be just as effective as Biermann?
b) So, just because he played in the Collegiate Bowl he's not a potential hall of famer? Interesting leap of logic....

Also says one of his recognizable attributes is his long hair: Cut off way before NFLPA Bowl game, Writer straight up didn't watch the game

This is quite possibly one of the worst sentences I have ever read by a professional(?) writer:

"Flying around the field, his hair recognizably tore down Montana State's quarterback several times, netting him the all-time sacks record for the school."

Great to know that Zach's hair was responsible for taking down the MSU QB!

Sorry but I can't help but notice that in typical eGriz fasion, there's alot of negative responses. This is good press for Wags and will help him get out on more teams radar. And I pray he goes to Green Bay. I beleive Scott Curry was our last Griz. We are way overdue.

When it comes to former Griz players, I just like to see them get a chance at the next level. I could care less what team, as I cheer for them to do well even against my favorite team.

My only order of preference is 1) NFL 2) CFL

Would love it to see a former Griz playing for the Pack!

They came close to drafting Tru but went with Casey Hayward instead. Don't know if Coyle or Tripp were ever on their radar.

Da Boyz Mom said:
This is quite possibly one of the worst sentences I have ever read by a professional(?) writer:

"Flying around the field, his hair recognizably tore down Montana State's quarterback several times, netting him the all-time sacks record for the school."

Haven't you ever heard about Samson, and is strength came from his hair?

reinell30 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Haven't you ever heard about Samson, and is strength came from his hair?

You got me there. :thumb:

glad everyone is fine with some team or other....and I have a team I wish he would go to as well, but in the end just would be happy to see Zack go to ANY NFL team and do well, that is what is important. GO ZW!! :clap:

Latest posts

Back