• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Alex Neale

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizindabox

DONOR
Ryland Spencer™ ‏@RylandNEI 9m9 minutes ago
Eastside Catholic (Sammamish, Wash.) OL Alex Neale has decommitted from Montana and committed to UNLV.

grizindabox said:
Eastside Catholic (Sammamish, Wash.) OL Alex Neale has decommitted from Montana and committed to UNLV.

New Hauck thread coming on?

grizindabox said:
This sucks. Kinda felt like it was only a matter of time once Baker switched. Meyer looks like a solid pick up though! We're good, we're good......

Post Falls Griz said:
grizindabox said:
This sucks. Kinda felt like it was only a matter of time once Baker switched. Meyer looks like a solid pick up though! We're good, we're good......

We are good. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1707272/highlights/167624378" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I'll never understa.....

Oh, f*** it.

Never mind.

:D :D

UNLV has now also offered two MSU commits in the past two days...I think it is time to move up.

it looks to me like they are the ones moving down, albeit down.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I'll never understa.....

Oh, f*** it.

Never mind.

:D :D

UNLV has now also offered two MSU commits in the past two days...I think it is time to move up.

This is a sure sign that UNLV's new and former Bishop High School coach is not doing very well with his recruiting class. If he having to steal away Griz and Cat recruits, that is a very bad sign. Both the Cats and the Griz would have pummeled UNLV last year.

I agree with you bigdog--this Cody Meyer kid is quite impressive from the film as he puts a lot of defenders on the turf !!! I know its his highlight film, but he might just turn out to be a good/great GRIZ O lineman, like Cory Procter or Dylan McFarland.

UNLV is the epitome of a dumpster fire in regards to football. Neale's choice has to be less about that in that he believes what the new UNLV coach is selling.

Their assumption was that hiring a coach who could poach talent from anywhere in Vegas to a school that has no ability to recruit the type of personnel that he is used to is about as a blind leap of faith you are going to take. I am not sure Sanchez is the answer, but he is a god in Vegas for football.

Neale could play there next year as Freshman. I happen to think really highly of Neale. I thought there was an outside chance he could play here is as a Freshman if need be. Really thought he was going to be a stud here, he has a chance to be a good MWC OL.

Best of luck to the kid.

Grizfan-24 said:
UNLV is the epitome of a dumpster fire in regards to football. Neale's choice has to be less about that in that he believes what the new UNLV coach is selling.

Their assumption was that hiring a coach who could poach talent from anywhere in Vegas to a school that has no ability to recruit the type of personnel that he is used to is about as a blind leap of faith you are going to take. I am not sure Sanchez is the answer, but he is a god in Vegas for football.

Neale could play there next year as Freshman. I happen to think really highly of Neale. I thought there was an outside chance he could play here is as a Freshman if need be. Really thought he was going to be a stud here, he has a chance to be a good MWC OL.

Best of luck to the kid.

Am reading this kid was a top ten center recruit @ some of the rating sites. Even got a preferred walk-on offer @ Oregon. How did he not wind up @ a power 5 school out of the gate? Good luck to him.

But the dumpster fire in this scenario is the rating system. Let's hope our coaches are good @ spotting real talent & can make the case for Montana.

Alex, how many OL from UNLV have gotten shots at the NFL? How many OL from Montana have gotten NFL looks? Think again, kid. You really want no part of that dumpster fire.

Htowngriz said:
Maybe he just likes strip clubs.

Spearmint-Rhino-Logo.jpg

With Neale and Baker's decomittments, I'm just pissed I spent time watching their "bowl" game against the Florida Christian Academy school....

I think of verbal commits as a measure of the recruits character. Physical attributes can be measured and quantified, but not character, at least not until much later. Being recruited by a high school coach from last year also reflects his judgment.

statler & waldorf said:
I think of verbal commits as a measure of the recruits character. Physical attributes can be measured and quantified, but not character, at least not until much later. Being recruited by a high school coach from last year also reflects his judgment.

you mad bro? Christ! Im sure you had it all figured out at that age, didnt ya?

;)

statler & waldorf said:

This is why honestly I believe twitter isn't a good thing for recruiting. I think verbal commitments were always tenuous, but we see the defections more so because kids are pressed to make their verbals public.

I would honestly prefer the recruits and coaches remain off twitter. Neale, Brandom, and Daum are all perfect examples as to why the process should be tightly held and not widely held.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back