• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams to visit Oregon

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Thought it deserved its own thread

http://oregon.247sports.com/Bolt/Vernon-Adams-Visiting-Oregon-35142989" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The kid is good and has raised eyebrows with his performances against FBS teams. He would be crazy not to take a visit

HookedonGriz said:
Thought it deserved its own thread

http://oregon.247sports.com/Bolt/Vernon-Adams-Visiting-Oregon-35142989" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't wait to hear about this on the EWU Signing Day Webcast.

http://m.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jan/28/ewus-adams-visiting-oregon-may-transfer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Buttegrizzle said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Oregon must be in real trouble at QB if they want that guy.

And what a short-term "fix". Not exactly building for the future in Eugene.

This is what I was thinking not to mention how he would do on home turf that isn't red. Likely won't affect any EWU recruits as he was only going to be there one more year anyway but the incoming kids might be a little bummed if he goes.

Oregon gives scholarship offer to Vernon Adams too. He's as good as gone now.

“They told me a lot of things I wanted to hear,”

“I’m not saying I’m leaving Eastern, but I’m just going to check it out and see what they have to say,” said Adams, who has caught the attention of pro scouts and rival colleges with his rare blend of arm strength, mobility and pocket presence.

Adams trip will help him evaluate his chances, he said. “I’m not going there to be a walk-on or a second-stringer,” he said.

“But if I do go down there, I’m going to work my butt off,” Adams said.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jan/28/ewus-adams-visiting-oregon-may-transfer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ducks has Rodriquez transfer out last year and he was ahead of Jeff Lockie. Lockie played sparingly last year.

I think Oregon picked up a good high school QB last year.

VA at least has a ton of playing time to bring to the table. If he could play this next year it would give OREGON another year to develop there other QB.

Having watched Lockie in a couple games he played in he is not the guy to start for the Ducks.

If VA has the possibility to start for the ducks he should take it. He can't expect to have Oregon tell him you will be our starter.

He will look at the play book and the coaches will get a feel for how quickly he can pick up the playbook. I think all VA needs to hear is you have a very good shot to start.

Plus keep in mind he is a young guy. Once he sees Oregons facilities and the life he will live there compared to Cheney. That's laughable

VA is gone if EWU lets him transfer. Imagine if EWU says no.....

KingsValleyGriz said:
Ducks has Rodriquez transfer out last year and he was ahead of Jeff Lockie. Lockie played sparingly last year.

VA at least has a ton of playing time to bring to the table. If he could play this next year it would give OREGON another year to develop there other QB.

Having watched Lockie in a couple games he played in he is not the guy to start for the Ducks.

If VA has the possibility to start for the ducks he should take it. He can't expect to have Oregon tell him you will be our starter.

He will look at the play book and the coaches will get a feel for how quickly he can pick up the playbook. I think all VA needs to hear is you have a very good shot to start.

Plus keep in mind he is a young guy. Once he sees Oregons facilities and the life he will live there compared to Cheney. That's laughable

I could be interpreting this incorrectly, but it sounds like if he wants to go he's gone...

What hasn't been reported is Adams does in fact have his transfer release making this visit a possibility

KingsValleyGriz said:

EWU has already released him....

KingsValleyGriz said:

I don't know if EWU even can stop him from transferring since he will be graduated from EWU by the end of spring, and especially if he's going to grad school for a program that EWU doesn't provide.

The pac 12 has a vote coming up on cost of attendance $$ to pay student athletes. I'm sure that would go a long way in helping offset the cost of diapers and strained carrots.

Listen dudes, he's gone.. all he needs to see is that Taj Ma Hall they call a football facility and he'll sign. It puts many NFL facilities to shame...and I wouldn't blame anyone from any school for doing the same..(including the Griz) :eek:

I really do not care if he stays or goes and really am wondering why this is even on eGriz?

Proof that you clowns knows our program is in the toilet when there are more EGALS and NDSU threads on here than Griz stuff.

I do not give a squirting of piss about either of those programs yet you guys drool over them daily. WTF?

info said:
Listen dudes, he's gone.. all he needs to see is that Taj Ma Hall they call a football facility and he'll sign. It puts many NFL facilities to shame...and I wouldn't blame anyone from any school for doing the same..(including the Griz) :eek:
No kidding. I've been disappointed about losing some commits. I can only imagine how pissed I'd be if someone were taking someone who's already been contributing to our success.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I really do not care if he stays or goes and really am wondering why this is even on eGriz?

Proof that you clowns knows our program is in the toilet when there are more EGALS and NDSU threads on here than Griz stuff.

I do not give a squirting of piss about either of those programs yet you guys drool over them daily. WTF?

Out of curiosity...what are the top 10 things you do give a squirt of piss about?

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset at all. A bit bummed, because it would be a huge hit for our team. But we love VA at EWU, and would want the best for him - and you couldn't fault anyone for wanting to move to that stage. My only fear is that he would go to Oregon and it wouldn't work out for him for whatever reason (didn't get to start b/c couldn't compete with folks that already knew their offense), and that we'd have lost him for nothing. Either way, I'm a VA fan - he's played his ass off for us.

Just to make you folks even a bit more giddy, I'll go ahead and predict that if VA leaves, Baldwin probably will, too. I've thought for a while that Beau would stick around for VA's final season and make a big move after that. If VA goes, Beau will likely soon follow (I just hope he doesn't take those Kupp boys with him). If all that happens, you'll probably get your revenge on us next year, for what it would be worth.

As an aside, congrats on how well your basketball team is doing. I'm pretty stoked about ours this year as well.

Back