• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Praeter

He's not on scholarship so he won't be on this list on gogriz until that info comes out....not sure if today or not.

https://twitter.com/Prater8Griz/status/563117202249744385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eric Prater
‏@Prater8Griz
Finally got all my eligibility and transfer cleared!!! #militaryproblems #readyforspringball

According to the Missoulian article today, both Prater and Connor McGuire are enrolled at UM and may join the program later.

http://missoulian.com/sports/colleg...cle_1e4aafed-6d9c-58b6-aa28-aa5fc2967eef.html

You've gotta go all the way to the very last line of the "Notes" at the bottom of the article to find that nugget of info.

As Prater's twitter post suggests, it may be a paperwork issue for both. Also a possibility that both are coming as walk-ons for now with the expectation that someone will transfer out after spring ball.

I certainly welcome Prater, a Special Operations Army Ranger! :clap:

He'll probably wear #8, says so on his twitter. He was wearing a Griz sweatshirt on Christmas, and has dressed his son in a Grizzly bear outfit. His wife commented "Home Sweet Home" when she toured and took a picture of WA-Griz. All 3 sound excited to be in Missoula and part of UM.

I believe he's attending UM on the GI Bill...

IntuitiveGriz said:
I certainly welcome Prater, a Special Operations Army Ranger! :clap:

He'll probably wear #8, says so on his twitter. He was wearing a Griz sweatshirt on Christmas, and has dressed his son in a Grizzly bear outfit. His wife commented "Home Sweet Home" when she toured and took a picture of WA-Griz. All 3 sound excited to be in Missoula and part of UM.

I believe he's attending UM on the GI Bill...
My bro is a Lt Col in the army and was in Somalia about the time Blackhawk Down occurred, but unfortunately (or fortunately) was injured about 3-4 days before the big event. When my bro talks about what he went through to become a ranger, it is absolutely off the charts. Prater being a Ranger is one tough dude and I am thankful he is a part of Griz nation. Welcome Mr. Prater, I will be cheering for you.

Yes indeed we are all glad to welcome Eric Prater and hope he does well as A Griz football player. Good luck to him and Go Griz!

I welcome Eric Prater here as well. Safe to say, there is not anything he or any GRIZ can experience, tougher than what he went through being an Army Ranger. Football practice, drills, preparation, and game will be child's play for him. I feel the one advantage he has on the other QB's will be immediate leadership qualities.

From what I've read, it looks like Prater was in Special Forces, or SF, not in the Rangers. SF is the old Green Beret. Very elite. Very tough training. I think there are some SF's on the ground in Iraq now. The SF guys are the ones who are on the ground a few months before wars even start. Rangers are also up in terms of tough training and elite status, along with Navy Seals and the Delta Force.

PlayerRep said:
From what I've read, it looks like Prater was in Special Forces, or SF, not in the Rangers. SF is the old Green Beret. Very elite. Very tough training. I think there are some SF's on the ground in Iraq now. The SF guys are the ones who are on the ground a few months before wars even start. Rangers are also up in terms of tough training and elite status, along with Navy Seals and the Delta Force.
If his talents can equal his mental toughness, he will be good. SFs, Seals, Delta Force go through unbelievable training. High fail rate.

kemajic said:
NikeGrizz said:
it is actually spelt Prater :D
How is "spelled" spelled?

Actually, "spelt" is a correct form of the past tense for "spell", or as it was used in this case, as a past participle. Though "spelled" is the more commonly used form in the U.S., "spelt" is still used around the world today. If you want to play grammar Nazi, you might want to make sure you are correct before calling someone out.

:roll:

That doesn't change the fact, however, that the title of this thread is not spelt correctly.

What are the chances that he switches to safety/corner? With the offense and qb's we have having someone that understands playcalling would be good to have back there. Just a thought.

Why would you move the most physically gifted QB we have on the roster to the defense?

Unless you dont like size, arm strength, accuracy and mobility, then I totally see your point.

Back