• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Krakaeur's book "Missoula" to be released April 21

BozAngelesGriz

hate to bring up something like this, but felt like it needed to be shared:

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/books/291320721.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Titled:
Missoula: Rape and the Justice System in a College Town

Well, that's going to create some nice brand awareness for the city.

More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2015/02/09/jon-krakauer-campus-rape-missoula/23122787/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

200.gif

Don't worry boys...his next piece of work is going to be called....When Coaches Sling Meth...and have a picture of Bobcat stadium...I just know it!

Well I told you bozos this is what was coming. When it was known he was going to write about this, it was obvious he would be taking the Pat Williams line rather than the Dave Paoli one. He will attempt to make Missoula a poster child for how American athletes are allowed to run amok. That is a story line which will get him on the Today Show, rather than one where the athlete is unfairly targeted.

About all I can add is don't buy his book if you don't want to promote his spin. :ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
Well I told you bozos this is what was coming. When it was known he was going to write about this, it was obvious he would be taking the Pat Williams line rather than the Dave Paoli one. He will attempt to make Missoula a poster child for how American athletes are allowed to run amok. That is a story line which will get him on the Today Show, rather than one where the athlete is unfairly targeted.

About all I can add is don't buy his book if you don't want to promote his spin. :ugeek:

I hope is very careful or he might meet Paoli or one of his plaintiff lawyer friends in the courthouse someday.

PlayerRep said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

I hope is very careful or he might meet Paoli or one of his plaintiff lawyer friends in the courthouse someday.
all that would do is create more bad press for us. i would imagine krakauer and doubleday had a few lawyers read the draft.

getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

all that would do is create more bad press for us. i would imagine krakauer and doubleday had a few lawyers read the draft.

Is Paoli associated with UM?

CDAGRIZ said:
getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

I don't know if Dave is tied to UM officially. Yet he is a former Grizzly player.

blackfoot griz said:
Is he dating Gwen these days?

Gwen now works part time as an adjunct professor for the U of M school of journalism. <<< True story

Translation: Gathering information for her next jab at the athletic department.

signedbewildered said:
blackfoot griz said:
Is he dating Gwen these days?

Gwen is now works part time as an adjunct professor for the U of M school of journalism. <<< True story

Translation: Gathering information for her next jab at the athletic department.

Trying to make it as a writer is a huge financial risk. I'm glad she has the safety net of a government paycheck to tide her over until she can get her career launched.

getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

I don't think most plaintiffs lawyers are concerned about what kind of press Missoula gets. I doubt that any out-of-state lawyers for book publishers understand the litigation atmosphere in Montana.

CDAGRIZ said:
getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

No, he is not. He was adverse to UM while representing JJ. He sued the university in federal court, to try to stop the university hearing.

PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:

No, he is not. He was adverse to UM while representing JJ. He sued the university in federal court, to try to stop the university hearing.

Thanks. I was just trying to understand GetGrizzy's comment re: a potential lawsuit by an individual creating bad press for UM. I suppose there is nothing to understand.

CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
getgrizzy said:

Thanks. I was just trying to understand GetGrizzy's comment re: a potential lawsuit by an individual creating bad press for UM. I suppose there is nothing to understand.

Maybe getgrizzy will teach you and me about the law and lawyers someday.

Latest posts

Back