• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NFL Combine Information

PlayerRep

This linked article has some interesting stats and info. The Combine starts this week. D-line workouts are Feb. 22. Go ZW.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000470521" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My question is this, of the 26 FCS invitees which ones surprise and improve their draft day stock? Which invitees hurt themselves? I think ZW is a lock to get drafted. As a pure "speed rush" DE, I believe he could go higher in the draft then Tripp did last year. DE is a more valuable position IMO. I like McDonald from Eastern too.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42397" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is always a good sign when Todd McShay talks about you at the NFLPA game. That puts you on the radar and the more you can get talked about the better your chance, IMO. McShay and Kiper, like them or not, have a lot of pull and can give you invaluable press

putter said:
It is always a good sign when Todd McShay talks about you at the NFLPA game. That puts you on the radar and the more you can get talked about the better your chance, IMO. McShay and Kiper, like them or not, have a lot of pull and can give you invaluable press
I would say Kiper and McShay have zero pull when it comes to where a player is drafted. They get their information to determine where they rank prospects from NFL teams. NFL teams do not get any of their info from McShay and Kiper. Kiper in particular is a running joke amongst NFL front offices. Those guys provide insight to fans, nothing more.

In any event I am on the side of speed. I tend to think Wags gets picked up near the 5th round of the almighty draft. If speed is a factor he will do well, of course he will be on a team next season, period!

From Sports Illustrated Extra online regarding the combine....

DE Zach Wagenmann, Montana: Wagenmann is a pure effort guy who comes off the snap with a great deal of speed, and never lets up. He racked up an amazing 17.5 sacks, six forced fumbles, 22.5 tackles for loss and 74 tackles in 2014 alone. He didn't start playing football until his junior year in high school, but he's come a long way in a short time. A great combine would further that process in a big way.

Kiper mentioned ZW on his Saturday morning radio show last weekend. He was picking his top 5 at DE but mentioned 4 or 5 additional off the radar guys of which ZW was one.

WaGriz4life said:
putter said:
I would say Kiper and McShay have zero pull when it comes to where a player is drafted. They get their information to determine where they rank prospects from NFL teams. NFL teams do not get any of their info from McShay and Kiper. Kiper in particular is a running joke amongst NFL front offices. Those guys provide insight to fans, nothing more.

I am not saying front office pull. Kiper and McShay talk to NFL teams about players and if they are talking about you it is a good thing...getting your name out there in media land has proven to be a positive.

Zack's measurables:
6'3 1/8"
247 pounds
Arm length: 33 1/2"
Hands: 9 1/2"

Bench: 14 reps

40:

Announcers talked about his college production and mentioned his solid 40 times.

go96griz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
14 reps on the bench according to NFL.com

That surprised me. He had the lowest number of reps by any d-lineman or linebacker that did the bench.

Not being condescending, but doesn't surprise me. His build doesn't strike me as someone who would naturally bench a lot, very lanky compared to most of those other guys. Such a stupid lift to assess anyway.

G-BEARS said:
go96griz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
14 reps on the bench according to NFL.com

That surprised me. He had the lowest number of reps by any d-lineman or linebacker that did the bench.

Not being condescending, but doesn't surprise me. His build doesn't strike me as someone who would naturally bench a lot, very lanky compared to most of those other guys. Such a stupid lift to assess anyway.

Granted. But, at the age of 50 I could do more than 14. Zach will do just fine in the NFL, with all his other skills and heart.

go96griz said:
Zack's measurables:
6'3 1/8"
247 pounds
Arm length: 33 1/2"
Hands: 9 1/2"

Bench: 14 reps

40:
First: 4.85 unofficial
Second: 4.84 unofficial

Official final: 4.82

Announcers talked about his college production and mentioned his solid 40 times.

Broad jump: 109"

Vertical jump: 37.5" (5th best out of DL/LB)

Zack has looked very good in all the field drills.

Back