• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz QB

NLGrizFan

Who's gonna be the Griz's new QB? A friend of mine and I were just talking about this and thought I'd bring something up here to see what everyone else thinks. I'm not sure who I'd like to see at QB. Prater looks to be very accurate and a quick. Chalich looks to be a great running QB and looks to have a pretty descent arm. I heard on the news a while back that Gus transferred but not sure if that is true or not. Q2 News reported that he transferred to Rocky. ? Idk ? One think I hope to see is Pflug get redshirted.

I would bet its either Prater or Chalich. I hear Prater has taken a bit of a leadership role already, not surprising with his military background.

Gus is still with the team.

Simis or Pflug.

My guess is Simis gets a shot while Pflug gets a year to mature but anyone's guess is as good as mine.

pussycatkillerz said:
Simis or Pflug.

My guess is Simis gets a shot while Pflug gets a year to mature but anyone's guess is as good as mine.

I highly doubt it will be Pflug. Simis maybe. I would say Pflug may have a chance if there wasn't 2 transfers in the mix, one with substantial playing experience at the FBS level. Not that Im not high on Pflug, I love the kid, but just think how much better he will be with a redshirt year.

Hammer said:
pussycatkillerz said:
Simis or Pflug.

I highly doubt it will be Pflug. Simis maybe. I would say Pflug may have a chance if there wasn't 2 transfers in the mix, one with substantial playing experience at the FBS level. Not that Im not high on Pflug, I love the kid, but just think how much better he will be with a redshirt year.
I think Simis's highlight reel has a 70 yard pass in it. Pretty good for a high school kid. I hope Simis gets a fair shot. If not, might be a waste of great talent.

Hammer said:
pussycatkillerz said:
Simis or Pflug.

Ah, horse puckey! Pflug's my guy! He's coming in hot, landing smooth, and running the shit out of Stitt's offense.

Pflug really needs to RS. It's a gonna be a great competition between Simis, Praterand and Chalich. I wouldn't be surprised to have them platooned during the season.

Crazy as it may sound....we might have a lot of QB talents that will be wasted....no matter who gets the nod I think others would make other FCS schools drool. If it were the NFL a couple might get traded for a Dline or Oline or RB. That being said, QB is not a problem for the foreseeable future, other areas are still somewhat "weak"

NLGrizFan said:
Hammer said:
pussycatkillerz said:
Simis or Pflug.

I think Simis's highlight reel has a 70 yard pass in it. Pretty good for a high school kid. I hope Simis gets a fair shot. If not, might be a waste of great talent.

Don't expect many long passes with this new offense.

I'm betting we will see multiple QB's get playing time this year. If anyone has watched Stitt's "Mines Midweek" videos from his time at CSM you will hear a number of names being called at quarterback. His starter for 2014 was a 3rd string redshirt freshman in 2013 and he was getting some snaps in 2013 at QB and WR.

I think Chalich, Prater, and Simis will all get some quality time early this season. Plus we have 2 bye weeks this year, I'm confident we will have the best guy on the field for the last half of the season. I wouldn't be concerned about wasted or overlooked talent, it looks like everyone gets a fair shot to prove themselves in Stitt's offense.

Pflug is sorta doing his "Redshirt" year right now. Since he is already in school, doing winter conditioning, and will be here for Spring ball and Summer workouts. He will be much more experienced and ready than your typical incoming freshman.

With a plan consisting of 90 plus plays week-in, week-out, they might NEED 2 QB to get through the season. Or even a single game if the QB is exposed to multiple QB runs & lots of hits/hurries due to the spread formations.

Griz!ron said:
With a plan consisting of 90 plus plays week-in, week-out, they might NEED 2 QB to get through the season. Or even a single game if the QB is exposed to multiple QB runs & lots of hits/hurries due to the spread formations.

Absolutely Agee. Stitt had 7 or more QB's on the roster @ mines - most of them played multiple positions. If you don't have multiples that can play the position, your season's not going to end up well. This embarrassment of riches is going to pay off.

maroonandsilver said:
Pflug is sorta doing his "Redshirt" year right now. Since he is already in school, doing winter conditioning, and will be here for Spring ball and Summer workouts. He will be much more experienced and ready than your typical incoming freshman.

That's my thinking too. I'm not sure how many early enrollees end up redshirting, but thought the entire point was to have the player hit the ground running in the fall.

Our QB "problem" is similar to complaining about having to pay a high amount of income taxes.

You are awash with cash and others are envious but none give a damn about your "problem"

Right now we are in great shape QB wise. Spring practice will begin soon and at that point the situation will begin to get sorted out. At this point we are practice guessing, one is as good as another so guess away!

Umista said:
Our QB "problem" is similar to complaining about having to pay a high amount of income taxes.

You are awash with cash and others are envious but none give a damn about your "problem"

Right now we are in great shape QB wise. Spring practice will begin soon and at that point the situation will begin to get sorted out. At this point we are practice guessing, one is as good as another so guess away!

Would love to be awash in Canadian dollars, but an alternative minimum tax would scare me @ this point. Love to be awash in QB's, can't say anything looks like a problem from here.

Back