• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

School of Mines Game film

Griz!ron

I've been searching for game film on the Stiit's offense, just so I can see what it looks like.

So far i've found lots of short highlight reels, all just a few minutes long. Of course everything worked incredibly well on the highlights. The best bit of film is from the Mines Midweek program from 2013 (via a simple search in Youtube). It features Stitt breaking down a single play each week for a season. Good stuff!

What i can't find is full game film. :puppy: Does anyone have a source for the game film?

Bertram said:
My work connection blocks a lot of content, but you should be able to find some here:
http://www.ncaa.com/schools/colorado-mines

Thanks for sharing the link. For those of us like me without a life, watch what you can of the Pueblo game. They huddle @ first on offense. Run shot yardage plays from under center once of twice, run conventional screens, and then all the stitt stuff. Can't pigeonhole this guy for sure. Be dam interesting to see what he can do with this talent.

bgbigdog said:
Be dam interesting to see what he can do with this talent.
Works both ways; equally interesting to see what he can do running against D1 talent.

That game was lost because of dropped passes. Yes, CSU-Pueblo had a great defense (for the level) that didn't get out of (or need to) a four rush/zone coverage all game. But, I recall many incredible, over the head of the defender catch by the likes of Ellis. I did like that Stitt used a large body running back. That make since to me in a spread formation offense, so as long as they tend to take a single cut and runs north and south.

The BIG plus is how the offensive attempted to adapt to the defense. The willingness to change the plan attack as the game evolves will be the single most welcome aspect of a new Griz coach. Hopefully this will be true on both sides of the ball.

What does worry me was the number of times the QB and receivers were out of sync. For guys with ACT scores of 29 and 7-8 ex-QB on the team the number of miscommunications were troublesome. Late in the year. Is what Stitt asks of his players TOO variable??!? However, Mines did get a touchdown on a team that didn't allow a single touchdown at home in over a year. Impressive if the athletic skill differential is large as it appeared.

The other worry I have is vs the likes of NDSU, the holes that they have in the base cover 2 D close quickly with the speed of their talent. The passing lane are tight! It will be fun to watch in the Griz in a 100 and whatever days. Now I am off to watch the Coastal Carolina vs NDSU game, lets see how the Bison handle a high speed spread offense.

Thanks for the link Bertram.

billgrizfan said:
Yes, watch the CSU-Pueblo game. Should tamper down the expectations a little.
Stitt was fighting with a hammer about 1/3 the size of just about every other school in the RMAC. I am a former student athlete that competed in the RMAC, and I can tell you that athletic talent DOES NOT go to CSM for several reasons.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
Be dam interesting to see what he can do with this talent.
Works both ways; equally interesting to see what he can do running against D1 talent.

With D1 talent.

Don't bother with him, kemajic has been nothing but negative with anything Stitt related.
Apprehensive, OK. Negative no. I have to laugh at bandwagon jumpers who are already assured that Stitt is the Messiah. I guess anyone that isn't doing backflips over a new coach from DII is "negative." I need to see the results of the first four games before I jump on the bandwagon like you have (with no results).

kemajic said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

With D1 talent.

Don't bother with him, kemajic has been nothing but negative with anything Stitt related.
Apprehensive, OK. Negative no. I have to laugh at bandwagon jumpers who are already assured that Stitt is the Messiah. I guess anyone that isn't doing backflips over a new coach from DII is "negative." I need to see the results of the first four games before I jump on the bandwagon like you have (with no results).
Jumping on the Stitt train before seeing results is the complete opposite of being a bandwagon fan. If the first 4 games go great AND THEN you jump on that makes you a bandwagon fan. The guy is likely the smartest and most original HC in the Big Sky, it's easy to get hyped up about the way he's taken over so far.

brewskis said:
kemajic said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
With D1 talent.

Jumping on the Stitt train before seeing results is the complete opposite of being a bandwagon fan. If the first 4 games go great AND THEN you jump on that makes you a bandwagon fan. The guy is likely the smartest and most original HC in the Big Sky, it's easy to get hyped up about the way he's taken over so far.

My thoughts exactly. I blindly support UM, Griz football, and rad nachos, in that order. UM could've hired Woody Harrelson as HC, and I'd still be excited.

kemajic said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

With D1 talent.

I was excited about him before he was hired, I like the attitude and excitement he brings to the program. If that's jumping on the bandwagon than ya Im aboard.

After watching some, what was impressive to me was how quickly the ball was thrown. I love that quick strike, no more than 2 seconds in the QB's hands kind of passing game. I also like the screen being used to neutralize that more aggressive CSU Pueblo defense. Had Mines had more athletes (HUGE difference between Mines and CSU-P!) and the receivers not had an off game, this could have been very different. The adjustments were money as well as the play-calling. While Mines got out-manned, I am very impressed with what Stitt was able to put together with a bunch of nerds. Those kids played way bigger and faster than they had a right to play. Stitt gets the credit for that.

kemajic said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

With D1 talent.

No matter who was hired, they'd be lucky to come out of the first four games 2-2. Or are you talking less about the record and more about what progress/decision making you see from Stitt and his coaching staff?

Biggest concern on the coaching staff for me, by far, is that he brought his LB/Strength Coach from Colorado School of Mines to be our Strength Coach. The fact that they had a position coach also being the strength coach tells you all you need to know about the level they were playing at. I am truly shocked he did this.

WaGriz4life said:
Biggest concern on the coaching staff for me, by far, is that he brought his LB/Strength Coach from Colorado School of Mines to be our Strength Coach. The fact that they had a position coach also being the strength coach tells you all you need to know about the level they were playing at. I am truly shocked he did this.

I am not surprised at all that he brought his strength coach to UM because with the increased speed and tempo of the game Coach Stitt must be confident his players can keep up and he clearly feels that his strength coach can make that happen. Now, I would have been very surprised if the new strength coach was also asked to double as a position coach at UM, but he is not. At Div II coaches are often forced to perform two or more duties due to limited resources. Here at UM our new strength coach will be able to focus solely on preparing our athletes for the type of game Coach Stitt teaches.

Back