• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2015 Talent

ALPHAGRIZ1

With this years class and what we have coming back I would give this years coming Griz football team a 5 out of 10 when it comes to talent.

Will be nice to see if the current coaching staff can make more out of the suspect players we currently have on our team.

You need to rate some of the Griz teams from the last decade or so for this to mean anything. Need something to compare this ambiguous rating to before anyone can argue with you...

What is funny is that people will actually engage with you on these topics and will get worked up. That's the real talent.

Kina like living in Eastern MT, wind usually always blows, some days just harder than others. :lol: :lol:

G-BEARS said:
You need to rate some of the Griz teams from the last decade or so for this to mean anything. Need something to compare this ambiguous rating to before anyone can argue with you...

C'mon. We've entered the doldrums here. Any new topic thread is like seeing palm trees in the desert. Just play along and have some fun.

I rate it an 8 because the only thing we know for sure is the new HC does get more from his players than what they have on paper, unlike the previous HC. At least from the offense, I expect to see several players have games where the fan say "wow" I didn't know he was that good.

horribilisfan8184 said:
G-BEARS said:

C'mon. We've entered the doldrums here. Any new topic thread is like seeing palm trees in the desert. Just play along and have some fun.

I rate it an 8 because the only thing we know for sure is the new HC does get more from his players than what they have on paper, unlike the previous HC. At least from the offense, I expect to see several players have games where the fan say "wow" I didn't know he was that good.
I think rating the teams overall talent on a scale of 10 is pretty useless. Rating each position though...that could make sense. I'd say at WR, OL, and LB we will improve from last year. RB and DB...who knows, may improve, may not, may look very similar. DL I'm guessing will not be quite as good. QB I'm guessing will be a little turbulent early in the season and hopefully develop some consistency after the first bye week.

Overall, I think by the end of November we will be a better team than we at the same time in 2014.

horribilisfan8184 said:
G-BEARS said:

What I saw was some inconsistency last year, but I was very impressed with how Delaney had your team playing against us. Ya, we kind of shot ourselves in the feet several times but you could tell that team was flat out more fired up than us... and that's on Delaney. Then you'd see a game like UND where you had to scum out to escape with a win over those bottom dwellers.

poorgriz said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
G-BEARS said:

What I saw was some inconsistency last year, but I was very impressed with how Delaney had your team playing against us. Ya, we kind of shot ourselves in the feet several times but you could tell that team was flat out more fired up than us... and that's on Delaney. Then you'd see a game like UND where you had to scum out to escape with a win over those bottom dwellers.
That's exactly it! 34-7 wasn't quite an accurate depiction of the way the game went, but the Griz were better prepared. UND was infuriating. I think Stitt and his staff will be better prepared and bring more energy week in and week out.

poorgriz said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
G-BEARS said:

5-7 isn't exactly a bottom dweller, but sure

Just for a bit of framework, alpha please rate (out of 10) the talent of the following players:

Marc Mariani
Vernon Adams
Josh Harris
Antwon Moutra
Jordan Johnson
Jake Bleskin
John Nguyen
Peter Nguyen
Dan Moore
Denarius McGhee

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
With this years class and what we have coming back I would give this years coming Griz football team a 5 out of 10 when it comes to talent.

Will be nice to see if the current coaching staff can make more out of the suspect players we currently have on our team.

Predictable!

:jack:

Did someone say talent?

coeds.jpg

It is a fact that February brings out the talent in most of us. 2015 Talent? It was answered with the question of coaching during Alphas first barehanded blog.

Latent talent is on all teams and it usually takes a coach or an event to bring it out. If the talent comes out and shines we fans get giddy as we did not expect to witness such a great display. The player usually becomes our new hero and away we go.

Questions abound, will our "new QB" be great and become a fan favorite? Will it be a RB that shoots out of no where and becomes the "new cool"? Our usual great receivers may become a thing of beauty and win awards for such "fantastic catches". Can our O-Line burst out and become our "best line" in years? Does the frenzy of our offense cause brief delirium that stops the other team in it's tracks?

Defense? Will a safety come out of the clouds and become a "game changer"? Can a interior defensive line player become the "Beast"? Will the "New Wags" go crazy playing D-End? Perhaps we see a new Sock & Stick corner come alive? LBs will have meat on the table every game and will that allow a 4th (newby) to be on our watch list?

I predict 4 or 5 new players will develop suddenly and severely! Some players (4)will become restless and move on.

It's that time of year so who is gonna be da man?

grizd said:
What is funny is that people will actually engage with you on these topics and will get worked up. That's the real talent.

precisely...kind of hard to watch sometimes when someone throws out a jackass comment and its answered with utter seriousness, then another jackass retort followed by another "thoughtful" comment. Comedy.

Back