• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Grizstock!

mtgriz

DONOR
I had an off-season brainstorm this morning while doing a tax return.

Let's have a three day festival in Missoula - August 28-30, around the NDSU game.

We'll call it Grizstock, and camping out on the Oval will be allowed and encouraged.

MMWB will headline a concert Friday night, emceed by J.K. Simmons.

mtgriz said:

Let's have a three day festival in Missoula - August 28-30, around the NDSU game.

We'll call it Grizstock, and camping out on the Oval will be allowed and encouraged.

Sign me up! :D

mtgriz said:

Id show up just for that. :thumb:

alabamagrizzly said:
mtgriz said:

Id show up just for that. :thumb:

I'd come for M2WB too.

VAGriz said:
didn't they all die in a plane crash years ago

No they retired and only one original member died in what was then the Montana Band.

M2WB is alive and well and doing concerts in the summer in Montana.

Mission Mountain Wood Band, abbreviated M2WB, is an American bluegrass and country rock band formed in Missoula, Montana in 1971. They were noted for headlining Woodstock style concerts in Montana, notably the University of Montana's Aber Day kegger.[1] They also toured nationally, mostly playing college campuses, performing up to 320 gigs a year.[2] The original five members were Rob Quist, Steve Riddle, Christian Johnson, Greg Reichenberg, and the late Terry Robinson, all of whom were UM students and born in Montana. The band recorded two studio albums.

Later personnel changes resulted from three original band members quitting, and ultimately those remaining reformed the group as the Montana band in 1982, with some national success. After a number of further personnel changes, including the departure of Quist, Terry Robinson was the only remaining original member when a plane crash killed all then-members of the Montana band in 1987.

http://billingsgazette.com/entertainmen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 74a83.html

The party has already started : [tweet]http://twitter.com/MontanaKaimin/status/572553849874989057[/tweet]

Bertram said:
The party has already started : [tweet]http://twitter.com/MontanaKaimin/status/572553849874989057[/tweet]
that is the funniest thing I've seen on egriz and there has been some weird shit on here! :clap:

So I've got a couple of questions; first, is there going to be an open beer tap in the manner of Aber Day? If so, who's picking the beer (or beers)? This would seem like an important job so I want to make sure it's handled well. Will the tap be open 24 x 7 for all three days?

Second, are tickets going to be on Stubhub? I'm sure there are folks who missed the official sale and would like the opportunity to participate.

Thanks in advance for any info.

mcg said:
So I've got a couple of questions; first, is there going to be an open beer tap in the manner of Aber Day? If so, who's picking the beer (or beers)? This would seem like an important job so I want to make sure it's handled well. Will the tap be open 24 x 7 for all three days?

Second, are tickets going to be on Stubhub? I'm sure there are folks who missed the official sale and would like the opportunity to participate.

In honor of Aber Day, the beer would HAVE to be Oly!!

Hammer said:
mcg said:

God bless you gentlemen for reminding me of my first time being over-served @ an outdoor venue. Ahh, the blessed excess of youth.

bgbigdog said:
Hammer said:
mcg said:

God bless you gentlemen for reminding me of my first time being over-served @ an outdoor venue. Ahh, the blessed excess of youth.

Over served? I have drank one 2 many but @ almost 100 years I have NEVER been over served! I've asked for one more---on occasion two more---- but I mused about the "over served" excuse offered unless of course U referred to the drug/stone stuff. :roll:

:roll:

Latest posts

Back