• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Appalachian State hosting Wyoming 10/3

Silvertip

Wanna see the Cowboys in Wa-Griz?...Fuhgetaboutit! But I am wondering what kind of guarantee ASU is paying to get the Pokes to traipse cross country to Boone NC?

Silvertip said:
Wanna see the Cowboys in Wa-Griz?...Fuhgetaboutit! But I am wondering what kind of guarantee ASU is paying to get the Pokes to traipse cross country to Boone NC?
It might be a home and home.

alabamagrizzly said:
It's not like Wyo is and different then App. Two crappy D-1A teams.

Yeah. I'd much rather see SUU, UNC, Weber & UND in our stadium. :roll: :roll:

kemajic said:
Silvertip said:
It might be a home and home.

It's a home and home.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Not saying they're that bad. Silver seemed surprised that App was able to get Wyo to go to App. I'm jus stating its no big deal. Crappy 1-A teams play each other all the time. I guess u think I'm saying they're no better then the teams u listed? Wrong.

alabamagrizzly said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Not saying they're that bad. Silver seemed surprised that App was able to get Wyo to go to App. I'm jus stating its no big deal. Crappy 1-A teams play each other all the time. I guess u think I'm saying they're no better then the teams u listed? Wrong.

That's definitely what it came across as.

Silvertip said:
Funny Idaho has been getting their ass kicked at home by Wyoming, Fresno state, Boise state ...etc for years. Nobody brings that up....that's because low level fbs get a less recognition than gfs. Nobody gives who app state is and they are still known for their gfs performance.... fbs is only relevant on the power 5

No irony at work here...just inferring that an FBS team - even a marginal one - will pass on an hour and a half flight to play a neighboring program to instead fly off to the south to play another FBS'er. And yeah, a home and home makes perfect sense - but not for a Montana.

Can FBS teams play FCS programs in the FCS home stadium? I thought there was an NCAA rule that wouldn't allow it, or something like that?

Silvertip said:
No irony at work here...just inferring that an FBS team - even a marginal one - will pass on an hour and a half flight to play a neighboring program to instead fly off to the south to play another FBS'er. And yeah, a home and home makes perfect sense - but not for a Montana.

Why would Wyoming travel to Montana to play? The Mountain West has a rule against teams playing at FCS venues. Your post makes no sense.

Ok what about Idaho? They are back in the sun belt. It's fun to play them jive turkeys.

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Well isn't it ironic. Lofty FBS Wyoming is hosting UND for their season opener. They've previously hosted Weber, and possibly even UNC.

Apparently an "FBS" label doesn't seem to guarantee you're hosting Alabama & USC.

Go take a look at the last time Florida or Alabama left the south for a football game. You'll be searching for a while.

Grizzlies1982 said:
AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Well isn't it ironic. Lofty FBS Wyoming is hosting UND for their season opener. They've previously hosted Weber, and possibly even UNC.

Apparently an "FBS" label doesn't seem to guarantee you're hosting Alabama & USC.

No, but it does seem to guarantee you some pretty nice "consolation" prizes:

2001: Texas A&M
2003: Kansas
2004: Ole Miss
2005: TCU
2007: UVA, TCU
2009: Texas, BYU, TCU
2011: Nebraska, TCU
2014: Montana

MrTitleist said:
Silvertip said:

Why would Wyoming travel to Montana to play? The Mountain West has a rule against teams playing at FCS venues. Your post makes no sense.

Take a mulligan, Mr T... of course the Griz won't earn an FBS home-and-home - as long as they're in the FCS...that makes sense, right? Geez, and you're normally among the more perceptive...

Back