• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt Answering Fans Questions

NLGrizFan

In case you missed it, Coach Stitt is taking over Montana Grizzlies facebook page today at 4 o'clock and will be answering questions from fans. Just throwing this out there because this seems to be the place where everyone asks (and some answer or at least attempt to answer) questions about Griz football. I noticed he hasn't drawn much attention from fans outside of eGriz.

Curious to see how he answers this one....

Bart Mihailovich : I heard you were really the one that invented peach basket basketball; true or false?

signedbewildered said:

Bart Mihailovich : I heard you were really the one that invented peach basket basketball; true or false?

Yep, there are a few trolls there too. Great Q and A for the most part. He has answered a few questions that incoming freshman will be playing this season. :thumb:

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/%E2%80%AA%23%E2%80%8Ewearemt%E2%80%AC/keywords_top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mtgrizrule said:
signedbewildered said:

Yep, there are a few trolls there too. Great Q and A for the most part. He has answered a few questions that incoming freshman will be playing this season. :thumb:

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/%E2%80%AA%23%E2%80%8Ewearemt%E2%80%AC/keywords_top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I see that he hasn't ruled it out. I guess I read it more as the recruits will fill in over time not essentially that they would or wouldn't see the field this year but I haven't read through all of his answers.

Pretty vague and politically correct for the most part but then again, most of the questions are fairly basic. I thought it was interesting he mentioned something about adjusting as the new coach here and he said a big adjustment was getting used to all the media duties, booster meetings etc. Little different than Mines. He figured after the NDSU game he will already have coached in front of more fans than he did all last season.

We kind of like our football here.

An old guy I did yard work for when I was a kid gave me a six pack of Schmidt that had been baking in his garage all summer. I'm not certain what level of excellence that was.

Nick LeTang: Cold Smoke or Moose Drool?

Montana Grizzlies: I don't think there is a bad beer, there are different levels of excellence!

Can somebody post the Q&A for those of us who avoid F*c*book like the plague? Please and thanks :thumb:

biga75 said:
Can somebody post the Q&A for those of us who avoid F*c*book like the plague? Please and thanks :thumb:

I'll try. I don't think there were any surprise answers. I have a fake account just follow some musicians I like. Facebook, the root of all evil.

Hold on....

Do you know when it will be revealed and who will proudly wear #37?

Montana Grizzlies We don't know when it will be revealed... it's up to Zack. When he decides, we'll let you know!

Big Day when ESPN comes to Missoula for the home opener against NDSU! That's a lot of pressure for anyone...how are you feeling about all the craziness right out of the gate?

Montana Grizzlies I can't wait for August 29th! Games like these are why we get into coaching!

Cold Smoke or Moose Drool?

Montana Grizzlies I don't think there is a bad beer, there are different levels of excellence!
Was there a point in your career when your offense just clicked and you said, wow we've really got something here, or has it been more of a steady progression?

Montana Grizzlies We've been pretty good on offense since the early 90's, and we continue to try to evolve to stay one step ahead of the defense.
It seems like every week you hear about the NCAA handing out punishments for an array of different issues regarding athletes. How will you help to protect the university and athletic programs from getting into these types of situations?

Montana Grizzlies You have to educate your current student athletes, recruit high character people and hire coaches with high ethical standards, and I don't think it should ever be an issue with that combination of people.
Mouse Davis started the run and shoot Urban Meyer started a passing offense iz your offense based off of those and how will your offense work in the Big Sky?

Montana Grizzlies Our offense is based off west coast offense principals and has been developed over time.

Is there any combination of things you'd like to bring to Montana that was successful in the great state of Nebraska? I lived in NE close to 12 years. The state and football culture is very similar to here, just on a larger scale nationally.

Montana Grizzlies I don't think we need to bring anything. The passion of the fans is similar in both places, so it's my job to produce an exciting team to make football Saturdays even more exciting!

One more thing, I'm a student at the South Dakota School of Mines, thanks for the numerous beatdowns!! haha

Montana Grizzlies Now that I'm gone, go ahead and beat them!

Coach Stitt, do you believe using social media and current technology will positively impact recruit and fan interest in the program? By the way, taking the time to do this is very appreciated.

Montana Grizzlies I think it helps a lot with exposing your program to recruits, and it makes it a lot of fun for our fans, which is important.
What was the average home attendance you played in front of last season? How excited are you to play in front of 20,000 + fans at home this season? What is the biggest advantage and disadvantage of playing in front a large crowd?

Montana Grizzlies After our first game I will have coached in front of more fans than I coached in front of all of last season! Advantage is that the visiting team has to deal with #GrizNation.
do you plan on naming a staring qb by the end of spring camp heading into fall ball?

Montana Grizzlies Hard to say until we get a chance to see them play. We'd love to have a clearcut starter by the end of spring, but don't know if that will happen.
The godfather of the flysweep, are you credited with any other inventions? Football or non football related?

Montana Grizzlies #StittHappens!

What is your stance on "trick" plays? Montana is notorious for the halfback/WR Pass. Are they a part of the offense? In your back pocket when nothing else is working?

Montana Grizzlies Trick plays usually don't work against good defenses. We like to rely on our base offense to score points.

Biggest surprise since being hired?

Montana Grizzlies How welcoming our fans and the community of Missoula have been to me and my family!

How confident are you going into the 2015 season?

Montana Grizzlies I'm confident our coaching staff will prepare our players to go out and compete very well. We're excited to get to work!
Do the current players on your roster fit your offensive scheme? I know the answer already but I'm trying to shut up the fools that think it's going to take you 3-4 years to get "your players" to fit.

Montana Grizzlies It's not a question of do we have the right players, it's a question of how much depth we have. We'll fill our needs with our recruiting class.
What is your favorite football memory or story?

Montana Grizzlies Best memory is probably in 2001 at Mines when we came from 17 down with 1:30 left in the game and won.
Just win,......

Montana Grizzlies That's the plan!

Brint Wahlberg: Coach what has been the biggest adjustment / learning curve after your first few months on the job at the UM?

Montana Grizzlies Biggest adjustment has probably been having to do a lot more multi-tasking with media duties, booster meetings, etc. It's been busy but a lot of fun!
Who taught you the most about football?

Montana Grizzlies NFL coaching veteran Kay Daulton.

Like · 1 · 56 minutes ago

If your life story was greenlit for a movie, what actor would portray Bob Stitt and why?
What is your favorite part of the coaching year outside of the football season?

Montana Grizzlies Any time I'm on the golf course is my favorite when not coaching, and spending time with my family!
The Big Sky Conference is known for their high profile offsenses. What can you and your staff do to make Montana a number 1 and dominating defense?

Montana Grizzlies Keep doing what we've been doing. I believe we had the best defense in the conference last year, and we're going to be better this year.
How much emphasis will be put on special teams this year? How much will incoming freshman play a roll if any on special teams.

Montana Grizzlies Special teams will be very important. I will personally work with several of the units, and depending on how spring practice goes and where our depth is, we'll look at true freshman.
4th and 3 on their 30...mid 4th quarter, kick or go for it?

Montana Grizzlies I'd like to say go for it... but need to know the specifics!
How many plays per game are you hoping to see out of the offense in the early part of the season?

Montana Grizzlies A lot. 90-100 would make me very happy.
With your ties to Colorado, do you anticipate hitting the recruiting trail there?

Montana Grizzlies We're going to recruit Colorado hard. I think it's a good fit for Montana, and there is a direct flight from DIA to Missoula.
How much of your playbook will be installed by week one?

Montana Grizzlies Travis - We will have our base offense installed by practice #3 of spring ball and will continue to work on special situations throughout spring practice and fall camp.
What is your checklist you go through while picking out your starting QB?

Montana Grizzlies Zane - The three main things are: 1. Throwing accuracy 2. Footwork 3. The ability to process information very quickly.

Like · 4 · about an hour ago
Why doesn't your new #guardDog Hazel have a Griz jersey?

Montana Grizzlies Lucas - I've been trying to find one! Do you know where I can purchase Griz gear for dogs?
It has been too long. GRIZ NATION NEEDS A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, how soon do you think you can deliver?

Montana Grizzlies We'll know a lot more after week 1. If you're going to be the best, you gotta beat the best!
Have you had a chance to look at the rest of the teams in the Big Sky? And if so which teams do you predict will be most competitive for the conference title?

Montana Grizzlies Luke - We've looked at a lot of film, and I think anybody in the Big Sky can beat you on a weekly basis if you're not prepared.
How is the quarterback position shaping up?

Hi John, We'll know a lot more on Monday when spring practice starts. We haven't even had a chance to see any of the QB's throw yet!
What are your goals as coach heading into Spring practices? What are the teams goals heading into Spring?

Montana Grizzlies Mike - For me: 1. Get to know the players better. 2. Get the personnel in the right positions. 3. Making sure our players have a good handle on our base offense by practice #15. For the team: 1. Get better every day. 2. Get to know each other better. 3. Build team chemistry.
How bad are we going to beat the bobcats this year?

Montana Grizzlies Bill, That's a game we want to win real bad, but we're focussed on beating the Bison right now!
What are your goals for the Griz this season? How will you define the season as a sucess?

Montana Grizzlies Lucas - Once we know what level our team is at, we want to see consistent improvement so they have the best chance to win every single week.
What's the biggest challenge you've faced since being hired?

Montana Grizzlies Pat - There wasn't one challenge, it was juggling a number of things. We had to catch up on recruiting, get a staff hired, run the football program and get my family moved, etc.

Thanks Signed!
Much appreciated :thumb:

The more I hear what Coach Stitt has to say, the more excited I get!

That was a pretty good Q & A. No real info given out but just knowing that he took the time to connect with people was pretty cool of him.

Is it too late to submit questions? If not, I'm a big time sweater. Is it unmanly to use dress shields? Should I have asked CDA?

coyote said:
Didn't anyone ask if he read egriz?

No need. BW tweets out the highlights as they occur. Can't wait to see how garden bar the tire fire known as Idaho FB fits into the next update.

Those are some really stupid questions, if I was Stitt I would never do that again or make sure there was something worth answering. What a bunch of idiots.

"Hey coach if we score more points than the other team, do you expect to win most games"?

Do you guys try to be this stupid or is it natural born talent?

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Those are some really stupid questions, if I was Stitt I would never do that again or make sure there was something worth answering. What a bunch of idiots.

"Hey coach if we score more points than the other team, do you expect to win most games"?

Must be trying, because we all know there isn't enough talent on the roster this year to be this stupid....time to face facts.

Stupid questions. Even dumber replies. Never put Stitt on the spot like this ever again. #stitthappens #inovermyhead

brewskis said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Must be trying, because we all know there isn't enough talent on the roster this year to be this stupid....time to face facts.

Is Brewskis Sunny? We all know he is lurking...

Back