• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Meet Coach Stitt...

Griz90

...at the Sidney GSA Chapter Annual Dinner, Auction and Golf Tourney on Wednesday, April 29 at the Sidney Country Club. New Montana Grizzly Football coach Bob Stitt, along with new men's basketball coach Travis DeCuire, Athletic Director Kent Haslam, Assistant AD and Executive Director of the Grizzly Scholarship Association Greg Sundberg will also be in attendance for Sidney's annual Griz fundraiser. The activities kick off with a no-host lunch at the country club at noon, followed by a golf scramble at 1 p.m. The social and auction preview starts at 6 p.m. with dinner and auction to follow at 7 p.m. All Griz fans and alumni are invited to attend. For ticket info contact Griz90 (Phil Johnson) at 406 480-1991.

I thought Big G would be leading the parade. Perhaps he gave his "bar" to the GSA and is working at the high school car was raising money for.....Big G.

Badland, so Stitt is way 2 busy 2 post! I knew a reason could be uncovered! Thanks for the info.

Umista said:
Badland, so Stitt is way 2 busy 2 post! I knew a reason could be uncovered! Thanks for the info.

between implementing the fly sweep and serving former griz greats beer at his bar...he is very busy.

Please, oh please, don't co-op this very important post - important at least to the Sidney GSA, of which Big G is NOT a member and DOES NOT own a sports bar in Sidney. None of the very active Sidney GSA members have a clue who Big G really is but we don't believe he actually lives here and we know for certain he doesn't own any of our local bars, sports-themed or otherwise. And Badlands Griz, please make the trip over to Sidney from Watford City and attend our event. Sidney is a stronghold for the Griz and the GSA and we plan to keep it that way.

Griz90 said:
Please, oh please, don't co-op this very important post - important at least to the Sidney GSA, of which Big G is NOT a member and DOES NOT own a sports bar in Sidney. None of the very active Sidney GSA members have a clue who Big G really is but we don't believe he actually lives here and we know for certain he doesn't own any of our local bars, sports-themed or otherwise. And Badlands Griz, please make the trip over to Sidney from Watford City and attend our event. Sidney is a stronghold for the Griz and the GSA and we plan to keep it that way.

I will try and do that, trying to extend that Griz fan base slowly into western north Dakota....getting quite the resistance from Bizzzzon fans.

Griz90 said:

Wait a gull-darned minute!

You mean to tell me that Big G made all that up????

MINDBLOWN :eek:

Griz90 said:
...at the Sidney GSA Chapter Annual Dinner, Auction and Golf Tourney on Wednesday, April 29 at the Sidney Country Club. New Montana Grizzly Football coach Bob Stitt, along with new men's basketball coach Travis DeCuire, Athletic Director Kent Haslam, Assistant AD and Executive Director of the Grizzly Scholarship Association Greg Sundberg will also be in attendance for Sidney's annual Griz fundraiser. The activities kick off with a no-host lunch at the country club at noon, followed by a golf scramble at 1 p.m. The social and auction preview starts at 6 p.m. with dinner and auction to follow at 7 p.m. All Griz fans and alumni are invited to attend. For ticket info contact Griz90 (Phil Johnson) at 406 480-1991.

Keep up the good work! I'm getting more and more excited for this newest version of Griz football as the day's go by!! :thumb:

As always, the Glendive boys will be there. A certain Banker needs to bring his checkbook as the auction will get expensive. Encourage everyone in the area to attend as it is always a blast.

Glendivegriz said:
As always, the Glendive boys will be there. A certain Banker needs to bring his checkbook as the auction will get expensive. Encourage everyone in the area to attend as it is always a blast.

That's great news. We are looking forward to seeing you guys again. The course should be in great shape with this early season warm weather we're enjoying. The program should be lively with new coaches Stitt and DeCuire in the house. Sundberg is always good for lots of laughs and Kent should have a wealth of info regarding the new Academic Center and Champions Center. Plus good food, drinks and auction items to bid on. We're hoping to raise $10,000 that day.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Do you guys golf for this event?
Yeah we have a no-host lunch at noon followed by an 18-hole golf scramble at 1 p.m., where we create golf teams consisting of several local GSA members and one member of the UM contingent. It's a pretty laid back tournament. Then we have a social and auction preview at 6pm. The annual banquet and program starts at 7pm with presentations/speeches from the coaches, the AD, and the GSA followed by a Q & A session and the auction. Many times there are academic and administration officials also in attendance. Over the past few years we have hosted Deans from The College of Business, Pharmacy, UM Presidents, and other administrators. Sometimes area high school athletes that are being recruited are in attendance with their parents, who pay for their dinners - NCAA regulations are strictly followed. We raise money from the golf tourney entrance fees, the dinner banquet and the auction. Often times some of the assistant coaches who are in attendance skip the golf and hit up area high schools to talk with the local coaches. The GSA Spring Tour is an important part of the calendar for UM. It gives the Athletic Department, Academics and the Administration an opportunity to meet with alumni, fans, local business people and local government officials.

Nice, maybe I will swing by, my golf game is better than Titlelesses by a long shot.

Can you promise me Travis Decuire doesnt take a swing at me? :D

Griz90, No we won't slow your crowd down and in fact might bring some new blood over as we have some investment property near Sidney and some company equipment we need to pick up. If we make it I'll let U know we are coming. I won't bring my Golf clubs as I won't play if Alfa is in the game. Worry he may club me, know what I mean?

Umista said:
Griz90, No we won't slow your crowd down and in fact might bring some new blood over as we have some investment property near Sidney and some company equipment we need to pick up. If we make it I'll let U know we are coming. I won't bring my Golf clubs as I won't play if Alfa is in the game. Worry he may club me, know what I mean?

You should be OK as long as you don't resemble a baby Harp Seal...

Things are shaping up nicely over in Sidney. The weather forecast on Wednesday, April 29th calls for 79 degrees, sunny skies with no chance of rain and a light wind. We have signed up more than 30 golfers and expect more than 60 for our banquet...all record highs for our event. In addition to Coach Stitt, UM AD Kent Haslam will be in attendance, along with GSA Exec Director Greg Sundberg, Assoc. AD Dan Ingram, Lady Griz BB Coach Robin Selvig and Director of Football Operations Colin Bonnicksen. Should be fun.

Back