• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

POLL: What will UM's record be at end of 2015 season?

What will Montana's record be at the end of the 2015 regular season?

• 11-0

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • 10-1

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • 9-2

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • 8-3

Votes: 44 34.9%
  • 7-4

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • 6-5

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 5-6

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • 4-7

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 3-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-10

• 0-11

• Total voters

get'em_griz

DONOR
There was a poll I created and shared on Facebook asking what Griz fans thought Montana's record would be at the end of the 2015 regular season. Interesting to see that a big chunk of fans believe that Montana will finish at 9-2 and 10-1. Then there's the one bobcat fan who said 1-10.

1604451_834548539945005_220186991170468627_n.png

So for discussion, I thought I'd post the same poll here for eGrizzers to discuss. Clearly it's difficult to say with confidence what the overall record will be in Stitt's first year with a new offense, but if the defense is equal to or improves from last year and the offense takes a step forward from what it's been the last few years, I can see how Montana could have an 8-3 or better season. What do you think the record will be at the end of the season?

I say 8-3 there are a lot of winnable games coupled with 3-4 very difficult games. Should be a good year!

Potential losses:

NDSU
Liberty
Cal Poly
EWU
NAU
ISU

I predict 8-3, with Griz going 3-3 in those six games (most likely winning Liberty, NAU & ISU)

I think we finally beat EWU this year. Assuming the offense is hitting on all cylinders by mid-November, I don't think they'll be able to keep up on the scoreboard. They'll still have Kupp, but with no VA or Forte, and a mediocre at best defense, I like our chances.

Htowngriz said:
I think we finally beat EWU this year. Assuming the offense is hitting on all cylinders by mid-November, I don't think they'll be able to keep up on the scoreboard. They'll still have Kupp, but with no VA or Forte, and a mediocre at best defense, I like our chances.

I think so too...just trying to be conservative/realistic...

We start the season 0-3 and the sweep the Big Sky. Squeeze out a close one at NAU, dominate the month of Octobers vs the bottom end of our league. By November the system is running at 95% and we fly into the playoffs, and win a couple play off games.

AZGrizFan said:
Potential losses:

NDSU
Liberty
Cal Poly
EWU
NAU
ISU

I predict 8-3, with Griz going 3-3 in those six games (most likely winning Liberty, NAU & ISU)

I don't see ISU being as good as they were last year but we've always had a tough time playing down there in that shit hole of a dome they call Holt Arena. The Liberty game though i could see us coming out with a loss.

But i like our schedule though. Finally a season where we aren't playing any cup cake teams!

Griz!ron said:
We start the season 0-3 and the sweep the Big Sky. Squeeze out a close one at NAU, dominate the month of Octobers vs the bottom end of our league. By November the system is running at 95% and we fly into the playoffs, and win a couple play off games.

Don't we play NAU at home this year?

grizcountry420 said:
Griz!ron said:

Don't we play NAU at home this year?

Yep, NAU is in Missoula this year.

I said 7-4. Need to see a lot more from this offense to feel better about 8-3 or better at this point.

NDSU, CPSLO, MSU, ISU, EWU, & Liberty all very tough games. There's always a surprise team too that could be tougher than expected, NAU, Weber, or UND maybe. Then there's the "road griz" issue that hopefully will be worked out with this staff.

BWahlberg said:
I said 7-4. Need to see a lot more from this offense to feel better about 8-3 or better at this point.

NDSU, CPSLO, MSU, ISU, EWU, & Liberty all very tough games. There's always a surprise team too that could be tougher than expected, NAU, Weber, or UND maybe. Then there's the "road griz" issue that hopefully will be worked out with this staff.

Have you seen the last two games? :lol: :lol:

Didn't want to start a new thread, so here is this. fun to watch. Mic'd up Stitt.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfRd2ZUfm7Y[/youtube]

BWahlberg said:

I got 7-4 too. For all the same reasons. Whenever I see one of these I just roll all the picks down on notch to adjust for bias. So looks like most have us at 7-4 with a chance at 8-3. I got us losing to NDSU and three of the following: CP, Liberty, NAU, ISU, EWU, or MSU. The last three games are tough, especially coming off a road game at PSU. Need to be 7-1 rolling into the final three.

getgrizzy said:
BWahlberg said:

I got 7-4 too. For all the same reasons. Whenever I see one of these I just roll all the picks down on notch to adjust for bias. So looks like most have us at 7-4 with a chance at 8-3. I got us losing to NDSU and three of the following: CP, Liberty, NAU, ISU, EWU, or MSU. The last three games are tough, especially coming off a road game at PSU. Need to be 7-1 rolling into the final three.

THIS^

Yukon said:
Didn't want to start a new thread, so here is this. fun to watch. Mic'd up Stitt.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfRd2ZUfm7Y[/youtube]

ABC/FOX MONTANA TV NEWS

Coach Stitt --->

"You know we got some skill out there. We've got some guys that can make the DBs nervous a little bit. We've just got to tighten up the way we run routes, and uh, I think they've getting a feel for what we want them to do. And when they do that, man it's open and our QBs love it."

getgrizzy said:
BWahlberg said:

Have they moved the date of the Cat/Griz game? :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to see that 77% of us (at this time in the poll) say that the Griz will be 8-3 or better.

It's huge that UM gets it's #1 and #3 WRs back from 2013 (Henderson and Naccarato, respectively). Having them absent in 2014 HURT BAD :!:

get'em_griz said:
There was a poll I created and shared on Facebook asking what Griz fans thought Montana's record would be at the end of the 2015 regular season. Interesting to see that a big chunk of fans believe that Montana will finish at 9-2 and 10-1. Then there's the one bobcat fan who said 1-10.

The 1 win the Bobcat fan predicted must've been against the Cats. Even he knows they'll be in full blown collapse mode when that game rolls around :)

Also, I went with 8-3.

Back