• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ND off the Radar

bgbigdog

DONOR
There are so many different ways to judge a season. A conference title is primary to many. Improvement, a winning record, even laying the foundation for success in the future also are big to many programs.

For every North Dakota State or Eastern Washington or Sam Houston State smack dab in the FCS national title picture, there are even more teams toiling farther down their conference standings working toward achieving their goals.

And the goals are forever changing.

North Dakota (5-7, 3-5 Big Sky) - In the largest FCS conference (13 teams), nobody is paying attention to UND, but they should. Coach Bubba Schweigert had a strong defense in his first season and returns eight starters to the unit, including senior linebacker Will Ratelle after he posted the program's first 100-tackle season since 2004. The big factor is whether UND can improve an offense that averaged only 15.9 points per game. Three quarterbacks - Joe Mollberg, Ryan Bartels and Keaton Studsrud - started at least two games each. Running back Ja'Won Arrington (UAB transfer) and wide receiver Clives Georges (Arizona transfer) should be important additions to the offense. Pivotal Game: North Dakota's defense has a chance to make a statement on Oct. 10 when it hosts high-scoring Idaho State.

bgbigdog said:
There are so many different ways to judge a season. A conference title is primary to many. Improvement, a winning record, even laying the foundation for success in the future also are big to many programs.

For every North Dakota State or Eastern Washington or Sam Houston State smack dab in the FCS national title picture, there are even more teams toiling farther down their conference standings working toward achieving their goals.

North Dakota (5-7, 3-5 Big Sky) - In the largest FCS conference (13 teams), nobody is paying attention to UND, but they should. Coach Bubba Schweigert had a strong defense in his first season and returns eight starters to the unit, including senior linebacker Will Ratelle after he posted the program's first 100-tackle season since 2004. The big factor is whether UND can improve an offense that averaged only 15.9 points per game. Three quarterbacks - Joe Mollberg, Ryan Bartels and Keaton Studsrud - started at least two games each. Running back Ja'Won Arrington (UAB transfer) and wide receiver Clives Georges (Arizona transfer) should be important additions to the offense. Pivotal Game: North Dakota's defense has a chance to make a statement on Oct. 10 when it hosts high-scoring Idaho State.

I pay attention to UND...the Sioux hockey program is #1 in the nation and a blast to watch...you should try it sometime.

th

Radar of the MASH.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

I pay attention to UND...the Sioux hockey program is #1 in the nation and a blast to watch...you should try it sometime.

Minnesota State is actually the #1 seed going into the tournament...but yes, the athletes formerly known as Sioux are pretty good.

Htowngriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

Minnesota State is actually the #1 seed going into the tournament...but yes, the athletes formerly known as Sioux are pretty good.

uhh are you sure about that, last I checked the Sioux were number one in the parwise rankings, unless they were passed like this week. Either way...I've watched a shit load of Sioux hockey...gotta adapt when living in ND

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Htowngriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

uhh are you sure about that, last I checked the Sioux were number one in the parwise rankings, unless they were passed like this week. Either way...I've watched a shit load of Sioux hockey...gotta adapt when living in ND

Yep, they lost in their conference tournament.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/icehockey-men/d1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh shit Denver got them back I see, well its time for real hockey now, that ticket in Fargo will be a tough one to find...and talking about Sioux hockey is better than talking about Wioux football any day.

bgbigdog said:

I think they're stuck in a rut until they get a QB that can move the ball. The defense is good when they show up. They got spanked pretty bad by EWU... 54-3. Without Adams even showing up. And honestly I don't think West is all that great either. A couple of 12 point wins over some bottom tier BSC teams and a loss to a mediocre NAU squad that missed the playoffs. Put Jordan West in all season and against some of the top BSC teams and EWho is looking at a 4-5 loss season. They wouldn't beat UM, MSU, CP, NAU (obviously). They damn near went into OT against UNCo. Who were we talkin about again...EWho or the fighting Wioux? Either way, I can't see UND being to awfully productive this fall. As for ISU, we'll see if the new guy is as good as Arias was.

NLGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

I think they're stuck in a rut until they get a QB that can move the ball. The defense is good when they show up. They got spanked pretty bad by EWU... 54-3. Without Adams even showing up. And honestly I don't think West is all that great either. A couple of 12 point wins over some bottom tier BSC teams and a loss to a mediocre NAU squad that missed the playoffs. Put Jordan West in all season and against some of the top BSC teams and EWho is looking at a 4-5 loss season. They wouldn't beat UM, MSU, CP, NAU (obviously). They damn near went into OT against UNCo. Who were we talkin about again...EWho or the fighting Wioux? Either way, I can't see UND being to awfully productive this fall. As for ISU, we'll see if the new guy is as good as Arias was.

Didn't you guys almost lose to them last year?

poorgriz said:
NLGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

We won tho...didn't you guys lose to us by like 70 last year?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
NLGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

Some Cat fans scratch and claw at anything... When Cat fans come back with "didn't you guys almost lose to them last year?" I can't help but laugh at the fact that they actually lost to Northern Colorado a few years ago... NORTHERN F'ING COLORADO! :lol:

NLGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

UND signed North Dakota's Mr. Basketball as a quarterback recruit. No wonder they suck, their recruiters can't even tell the difference between basketball and football.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
NLGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

It was just a question... I actually didn't take the time to fact check and see if that's teh team I was thinking about, but I know you barely squeaked out a W against a bottom dweller, and now I see it was in fact UND. So for posters talking about how crappy they're going to be in 2015 you better be careful because I can promise you they'll be better than they were last year (D was good and should be better and they'll be better on O no doubt) and the jury is still out on how good you'll be.

poorgriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
NLGrizFan said:

It was just a question... I actually didn't take the time to fact check and see if that's teh team I was thinking about, but I know you barely squeaked out a W against a bottom dweller, and now I see it was in fact UND. So for posters talking about how crappy they're going to be in 2015 you better be careful because I can promise you they'll be better than they were last year (D was good and should be better and they'll be better on O no doubt) and the jury is still out on how good you'll be.

Even if we use your sorry ass programs pathetic excuse we constantly get for the annual brawl beatdown of " Ohhh we had our backup QB playing"....well we did and we still won. Bitch

poorgriz said:
NLGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:

Didn't you guys almost lose to them last year?[/quo

Ya, the score was close; I watched the game on Midco. The whioux cheap-shotted JJ , not once, but twice; the second cheapo knocked Jordan out of the game. Real classy act.

Back