• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Roll Call. Who roots for the cats outside of Griz-cat?

Hammer

DONOR
Ok, the age old question. Do you root for the state bobcats in their games other than Griz-cat? I thought it would be interesting to see who does and who doesn't. I know this thread is going to go south fairly quickly so try to keep your response limited to a yes or no with a brief explanation why.

I will start. No. Not ever, against anybody. Those on this board that know me know that.

Here we go.........

Are you fvcking kidding me? Just threw up in my mouth a little. I relish watching them fall flat on their face over & over & over again. This after all their huffing & puffing over here (penis envy). They could eat a bag of dicks for all I care.

If we need the Cats to beat EWU so we can win the conference, then yeah, Coach Ron Ash is my new best friend.

GoldStandardGriz said:
Are you fvcking kidding me? Just threw up in my mouth a little. I relish watching them fall flat on their face over & over & over again. This after all their huffing & puffing over here (penis envy). They could eat a bag of dicks for all I care.

Good. We understand each other.

Although I reluctantly admit that I root for UM when it benefits MSU.

GoldStandardGriz said:

Many references to mouths and wangs in that brief post.

Noooooope.

3p1a36.jpg

I cheered for them once. In 2011 hoping they'd beat Sam Houston to set up Cat-Griz 2.0 in Missoula for an electric semifinal and an ass-whooping for the Griz to lay on them. I will never root for them again.

AllWeatherFan said:
GoldStandardGriz said:

Many references to mouths and wangs in that brief post.

I didn't intend to overdo it, just kinda came (haha) out as such. I guess when they've been on their knees servicing us for so long, except for the rare "changing of the guard" years of course, that's what ends up coming (haha) out.

If an MSU win helps the Griz in some fashion, then yes. Otherwise no. But I try not to make fun of or put down individual players (although I'm sure I have).

I never cheer or root for anyone but the Griz. 99 percent of the time, the Cats and every other football team for that matter are irrelevant. Don't care if they win their other games by 100 or lose their other games by 100. I agree with post above though, I did WANT the Cats to beat Sam Houston State so that Cat/Griz part two would happen that year.

But the rest of the time, it matters not. I don't "root for or against them", I just pretty much don't care.

I care about the Griz (All sports), North Carolina (All sports), Cubs, Bulls, Vikings, Flames, Tiger Woods, Rodger Federer, any Team USA or Team USA member and that's about it. The rest I watch because I'm a sports junkie. Nothing more nothing less and that includes the Cats.

I am sure spanky will take this out of context. I root for whichever outcome will help the GRIZ most, during conference games. I often root for the underdog teams to upset whoever else might be a title contender. Regardless of standings, I do like seeing the Montana born kids do well regardless if they are playing for the GRIZ, Cats, or a BCS program.

So yes, if a Cat win over someone helps the GRIZ in the standings, yes I will hope for them to win, cannot really say I cheer for them. When it comes to out of conference match ups, yes I usually root for all the BSC teams. The better the conference does in OOC the more it helps the GRIZ and the whole conference.

Basically, my 2nd favorite BSC team any given week is whatever results can help the GRIZ the most.

My whole family has always rooted for any team that plays the Bob Kittens, including my mother. The Kitten fans seem to be pretty big for their britches early this year?

Back