• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Missoulian article on the Griz DBs

BWahlberg

DONOR
Mark my words - most improved group on the team so far. These guys will impress in 2015.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-tracks-young-dbs-excelling-as-injury-replacements/article_9d84749c-2fec-5f40-8b6b-a1ad4ecda97e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe Sanders has returned to practice this week so I've not seen much of him but I've been really impressed with the 2-deep guys at this point. McKinley and Parker seemed to lack confidence in fall camp, that's not the case anymore. They're playing much better and have that swagger that CBs seem to always have. Nelson is looking very good and Rassmussen is a star in the making. Add in Dallaserra who has been solid and even Delaney who people on here kind of snickered about... he's doing ok.

Thanks Brint. That's great news and makes me even more confident about this team as that was obviously an area of concern entering camp

CV Griz Fan said:
VA moving on will be a big factor in this group's apparent improvement.....
And the guy at ISU is gone, too....

But the guy at MSU is pretty good if he can stay on the field.

kemajic said:
CV Griz Fan said:
VA moving on will be a big factor in this group's apparent improvement.....
And the guy at ISU is gone, too....

But the guy at MSU is pretty good if he can stay on the field.

But according to the lone ISU fan on cs.com, ISU simply reloaded at QB and are poised to crush the Griz by 20 this year. :lol: :D

I liked seeing the comment on how athletic the group is. There's a frosh safety coming from Bigfork who is supposed to have considerable potential too. "Joshua Sandry, Safety, 6-1, 190, Fr., HS, Bigfork, Mont. (Bigfork HS): Josh was an all-state class "B" selection as a junior and senior, and voted team MVP those seasons as well...team captain for the Vikings as a senior in football and as a junior in hoops...also all-state pick at safety as a senior...played defensive back and handled punting/kicking, and was a returner...his prep football coach was Todd Emslie...he was also all-state in basketball his junior year and co-MVP of the 2014 state tournament, helping Bigfork to its first state title...all-state performer in track as a sophomore and junior, and state high jump champion his junior year...he is undecided on a major...birth date: Sept. 20, 1996...his parents are Christine and Paul Sandry of Bigfork...his grandpa, Bruce Olson, was a quarterback at Montana, and lettered in 1957-58."

PlayerRep said:
I liked seeing the comment on how athletic the group is. There's a frosh safety coming from Bigfork who is supposed to have considerable potential too. "Joshua Sandry, Safety, 6-1, 190, Fr., HS, Bigfork, Mont. (Bigfork HS): Josh was an all-state class "B" selection as a junior and senior, and voted team MVP those seasons as well...team captain for the Vikings as a senior in football and as a junior in hoops...also all-state pick at safety as a senior...played defensive back and handled punting/kicking, and was a returner...his prep football coach was Todd Emslie...he was also all-state in basketball his junior year and co-MVP of the 2014 state tournament, helping Bigfork to its first state title...all-state performer in track as a sophomore and junior, and state high jump champion his junior year...he is undecided on a major...birth date: Sept. 20, 1996...his parents are Christine and Paul Sandry of Bigfork...his grandpa, Bruce Olson, was a quarterback at Montana, and lettered in 1957-58."

I have not watched Sandry play football. I do know on the basketball court he is a fluid, quick, athletic and has some serious hops. If he focused on basketball, he could play DIV 1 as well. I feel he will be a multiple time all conference safety, and contend for national honors too.

AZGrizFan said:
But according to the lone ISU fan on cs.com, ISU simply reloaded at QB and are poised to crush the Griz by 20 this year. :lol: :D

IF the Griz were on their schedule. They're not. Cats are in Holt Nov. 15. You don't have to be a Bengal fan to recognize their success of late.

statler & waldorf said:
AZGrizFan said:

IF the Griz were on their schedule. They're not. Cats are in Holt Nov. 15. You don't have to be a Bengal fan to recognize their success of late.

Don't we play ISU on 11/7?

AZGrizFan said:
statler & waldorf said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yes. Come on S&W, you're better than that.

BWahlberg said:
Mark my words - most improved group on the team so far. These guys will impress in 2015.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-tracks-young-dbs-excelling-as-injury-replacements/article_9d84749c-2fec-5f40-8b6b-a1ad4ecda97e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe Sanders has returned to practice this week so I've not seen much of him but I've been really impressed with the 2-deep guys at this point. McKinley and Parker seemed to lack confidence in fall camp, that's not the case anymore. They're playing much better and have that swagger that CBs seem to always have. Nelson is looking very good and Rassmussen is a star in the making. Add in Dallaserra who has been solid and even Delaney who people on here kind of snickered about... he's doing ok.

I felt that McKinley and Parker would be coming into their own... good college players start to do that after a couple years out of HS; fans (at games during the season) usually start to recognize players their rs-soph seasons. Good to see these two are on track for that. NDSU didn't want McKinley because he sucked, let's just say that. And Parker played for Matt Hermanson dad. Everyone knew Rassmussen was a player, since Delaney pointed him out last season as someone that might play as a true frosh before last season. Most people only snickered about Delaney because they never seen him play. I have, and he was one of the very best athletes on the field during his senior class AA state championship game. So there is that.

PlayerRep said:

The coaches, as am I, are very excited about safety Josh Sandry. He hits like a mack truck, plays with aggression, has a great vertical leap, and is faster than Hermanson. He is a former QB, so the athleticsm is there, and he knows what the QB is looking for. Growing up he idolized the great Griz safeties, and said he wants to become one. Coach Stitt said on signing day to watch out for this kid. :clap:

Forgot to mention that I saw a basketball highlight of Sandry recently... the opposing team shot a 3-pointer to try and win the playoff game, but the ball bounced high off the rim and Sandry (flat-footed) jumped high in the air and with one hand rebounded the ball (game over). I swear his hand was "almost" high enough to jam the ball if it would have been an offensive rebound. He's a fire-ee kid. Gonna be a good one.

statler & waldorf said:
AZGrizFan said:

7537k.jpg

firmgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
statler & waldorf said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yes. Come on S&W, you're better than that.

Arrrghhh! You are right. I was looking at ISU's 2014 schedule. Duh! :oops: My apologies. ISU will be tough.

McKinley played really great yesterday against both Jones and Henderson.

He has some serious swagger, and was jawing with them all scrimmage. :thumb:

Back