• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

So when I got Home today

TCCGRIZ

DONOR
My son (10yrs old) usually runs upstairs to see me since I have been gone all week working , Today he didn't , so I proceeded down to the Griz room and he is sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn watching the Griz /scat game from this last year I had saved on the DVR . He makes me so proud :D He got to shoot an extra box of 22 bullets tonite .

TCCGRIZ said:
My son (10yrs old) usually runs upstairs to see me since I have been gone all week working , Today he didn't , so I proceeded down to the Griz room and he is sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn watching the Griz /scat game from this last year I had saved on the DVR . He makes me so proud :D He got to shoot an extra box of 22 shells tonite .
Give that boy a bottle of vodka for me :thumb:

I drank 22 shots of 10 year old vodka out of a shell, cast in the shape of a bullet, while watching last year's beat down of the cats on DVR.

So there.

EverettGriz said:
I drank 22 shots of 10 year old vodka out of a shell, cast in the shape of a bullet, while watching last year's beat down of the cats on DVR.

So there.

The ol' EG Tuesday routine. Classic.

EverettGriz said:

So there.
nice , nice

EverettGriz said:

So there.

And still posted on EGRIZ. :lol: :thumb:

TCC, the time is coming soon when we will have to teach him what FTC really means! You know that, right?? :D

Over the nearly 7 decades I have been here, I went down to Sportsman's Surplus to buy "shells" mostly from Al Anderson, their gun department manager, whether for the 22s, the 4-10, the 12 and 20 gauges, the .308 Finnbear, the 30-40 Kraig, and the .303 Enfield (which is the only gun I have left). I may have heard someone say over those years they were going to buy "bullets" but I don't recall it at the moment.

When asked by the President whether his court had been constituted like the court-martial, and whether he had observed certain of the King's Regulations, Morant responded defiantly. His reply, as recorded by Witton, is legendary:

"Was it like this?" fiercely answered Morant. "No; it was not quite so handsome. As to rules and regulations, we had no Red Book, and knew nothing about them. We were out fighting the Boers, not sitting comfortably behind barb-wire entanglements; we got them and shot them under Rule 303," referring to the .303 calibre Lee-Enfield rifles the Carbineers carried.

UMGriz75 said:
Over the nearly 7 decades I have been here, I went down to Sportsman's Surplus to buy "shells" mostly from Al Anderson, their gun department manager, whether for the 22s, the 4-10, the 12 and 20 gauges, the .308 Finnbear, the 30-40 Kraig, and the .303 Enfield (which is the only gun I have left). I may have heard someone say over those years they were going to buy "bullets" but I don't recall it at the moment.

Everybody calls them shells. "your wrong" was just being a douche!

Well, actually, if we're being technical ... if you buy "bullets," you cannot shoot a damn thing. Reloaders -- of which there are surely many on here -- buy "bullets" to put on the front of their cartridge "cases." But first, they add a primer to the case (at the other end ;) ), charge the case with powder, and then seat the bullet. The result is a "cartridge," which is what you buy from a commercial outfit.

I'm sure I've over-simplified the process for the hard-core reloaders, but you get the picture. Myself, I've hardly ever heard anyone go into a sporting goods store and ask for cartridges -- it's always "shells." FWIW, crime scene people generally refer to what's left over from an auto-ejection weapon as a "shell" or "shell casing."

To get back to football (what a concept! :egriz: ), the kid deserves a big high-five. :thumb:

Go Griz!

Hammer said:
UMGriz75 said:

Very mature.

Hammer a simple correction on someone's verbage makes me a douche? I see you obviously have some childish inferiority complex and cannot take anyone making a statement you don't agree with.

Thank goodness being from the West means we are smart enough to understand what someone means even when they use the wrong term and we are tolerant enough to put up with their misstatements....

your wrong said:
Hammer said:
UMGriz75 said:

Very mature.

Hammer a simple correction on someone's verbage makes me a douche? I see you obviously have some childish inferiority complex and cannot take anyone making a statement you don't agree with.

Born and bred Montanan, and it is SHELLS, has been for a long time, and always will be. Ain't been around as long as UMGriz75, but close. IdaGriz01 took the educational route. Both used a few sentences to say what Hammer said with one word. Try calling your OUT OF STATE village, "your wrong," they want their idiot back.

When referring to weapons, "Shells" hold the projectile. IE...5.56mm brass hold a 57 grain projectile or bullet. Now you have shotshells for shotguns. They also hold projectiles, either BB's, slugs, rubber pellets or rock salt. Any way you look at it, one shoots shells with bullets or....22 shells hold 22 caliber bullets.

Back