• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can we beat NDSU?

hardycreek1

4-time repeating national champions?

I think in the past we held our own. Now I'm thinking we might have the edge, partly because our ramped-up O should score more points that previous teams, and it sounds like D will be as good as before.

your thoughts?

Yes, I think we will beat a very good, well coached NDSU. With our new wide open offense and solid defense, this opponent is going to see a very strong Montana team.

They are beatable for sure. But they at still the best FCS team in the nation. This year they should have a solid returning offense and be able to once again run all over and control the clock. Where they will be more green for the first time in a loooong time is on defense. They lost a lot of key contributors. So if they simply reload it will be a tough task but there's always a good chance in Missoula. I think if our D gets a turnover or two and our offense can move then the Griz will make a statement.

We should be able to score more than 10 points this time around. However NDSU could of scored more points in last years game, a least a few more field goals, if they weren't focusing on holding the lead and running out the clock.

Watch the NDSU/Coastal Carolina game from 2014 playoffs. that looks to be the closest style of offense to what the Griz are learning. The NDSU Offense had a few more play in thier playbook beyond the power run game.

The play of the NDSU LBs is also interesting to watch. Focus on the choices the Sam LB is making. State will be putting that player under stress.

I don't think we will be able to beat them even in our backyard. Not with a new HC, QB and a totally new offense. Our offense will see some growing pains this year, thats for sure..

They lost their starting QB and RB-so there's that. The Stitt-factor could be a surprise after the offense the Griz ran last year. NDSU ran up and down the field last year, but the Griz did hold them to 22 points. Home field can't hurt. The defense will be ready, but if the offense isn't up to speed with the new scheme, it's gonna be an opening loss. Can't wait to see this one! :D

rocklobster said:
They lost their starting QB and RB-so there's that. The Stitt-factor could be a surprise after the offense the Griz ran last year. NDSU ran up and down the field last year, but the Griz did hold them to 22 points. Home field can't hurt. The defense will be ready, but if the offense isn't up to speed with the new scheme, it's gonna be an opening loss. Can't wait to see this one! :D

NDSU still has their starting QB, Carson Wentz.

I can't F'ING wait for this game! and yes... we can beat NDSU. :thumb:

get'em_griz said:
rocklobster said:

NDSU still has their starting QB, Carson Wentz.

I can't F'ING wait for this game! and yes... we can beat NDSU. :thumb:

I stand corrected. I thought he went to the CFL. Wrong QB. Will be the biggest game in Griz history!

Sorry. Not a chance against a veteran QB (Wentz at 6' 7" himself) at the helm again with a NC on his resume. GRIZ will keep it interesting but we are 0-1 on August 29.

Its football, anything can happen. Can we beat them? Hell yes. Will we? Not sure about that but our D will keep it close, for sure. Its gonna be an epic experience, that's for sure. Cant wait!! :thumb:

grizcountry420 said:
SloStang said:
As tough as NDSU is I think you may have just as tough of a game the next week.

The first 4 games are brutal..
Cal Poly's first six are also brutal.
@ Montana
@ Arizona State
Northern Iowa
@ Montana State
Idaho State
@ Eastern Washington.

rocklobster said:

NDSU held the Griz to about 15 fewer yards than NDSU's average total D for the season, and gained 24 more yards than it's season average.

SloStang said:
grizcountry420 said:
SloStang said:
As tough as NDSU is I think you may have just as tough of a game the next week.

The first 4 games are brutal..
Cal Poly's first six are also brutal.
@ Montana
@ Arizona State
Northern Iowa
@ Montana State
Idaho State
@ Eastern Washington.

Well maybe 5 out of 6 are.

Back