• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Daum-ination

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Daum dominates at Dahlberg meet....

http://m.mtstandard.com/butte/daum-wins-at-dahlberg-invite/article_64a3e42d-1b4e-52ad-a252-a86d4f54e77f.html?mobile_touch=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wouldn't worry about it much. Butte's had snow on the ground much of the early spring, limiting training, and he ran a 10.66 last year (would have been a state record had he run it at divisionals or state).

He was so far ahead at the finish line in both the 100 and 200 meters it was amazing. Worry about his speed? The kid can run and not much more needs to be said about that. Now it's football speed we can be concerned about and I think he is one fast dude in any event. Worry about other things...

Umista said:
He was so far ahead at the finish line in both the 100 and 200 meters it was amazing. Worry about his speed? The kid can run and not much more needs to be said about that. Now it's football speed we can be concerned about and I think he is one fast dude in any event. Worry about other things...

Out of state/out of country opinion. The kid is Mariani with bags more pace. He will shatter records and leave young men from Prescott AZ to Cheney WA grasping at space he was just in.

SaskGriz said:
Umista said:

Out of state/out of country opinion. The kid is Mariani with bags more pace. He will shatter records and leave young men from Prescott AZ to Cheney WA grasping at space he was just in.

Your second sentence will require some explanation.

Umista said:

This! Until he is trying to run away from a stopwatch in pads I'll focus on his relative speed at the moment in time.

SaskGriz said:
Umista said:

Wait. Are you suggesting he best in space??

EverettGriz said:
SaskGriz said:
Umista said:

Safe to say he is "DAUM GOOD". :lol: :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
EverettGriz said:
SaskGriz said:
Umista said:

Safe to say he is "DAUM GOOD". [emoji38] :thumb:

daum stitt.....

snap said:
SaskGriz said:
Umista said:

It almost sounds like authentic frontier gibberish...

CrunchGriz said:
Wouldn't worry about it much. Butte's had snow on the ground much of the early spring, limiting training, and he ran a 10.66 last year (would have been a state record had he run it at divisionals or state).
Now 10.66 is scorching! To make it clear, I'm not "worried" about his speed or performance, I was more surprised that the times weren't sub-11 seconds knowing that he's the fastest guy in the state (& best in space). One thing I've always wished they would do is time the players in the 40 wearing pads to get a more accurate sense of "football speed". Jerry Rice never had great 40 times, yet never got caught from behind.

cclarkblues said:
snap said:
SaskGriz said:
Umista said:

What I meant by the second sentence is that he is going to be great, IMHO, just like Mariani was (I think the best we've ever had), except he is even faster than Marc was. This is designed to be a high compliment to young Mr.Daum. I was going to explain all this later at the Number 6 dance. :clap:

Just spitballing here, but figuring "Sask" = "Saskatchewan," a portion of the British Commonwealth. "Pace" = Commonwealth sports jargon for "speed." "Bags of pace" probably = "a sh!tload of speed."

I've never met Sask but he does know speed. Umista speed is also a fast BC fellow.

Speed and rhythm is the word from the North. Mr Daum has both!

SaskGriz said:
cclarkblues said:
snap said:
SaskGriz said:

What I meant by the second sentence is that he is going to be great, IMHO, just like Mariani was (I think the best we've ever had), except he is even faster than Marc was. This is designed to be a high compliment to young Mr.Daum. I was going to explain all this later at the Number 6 dance. :clap:

Well we were wondering what in the "Wide, Wide World of Sports" was going on.

Back