• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Courtland Fort to msu?

nzone

Just read that Ash and Co might considering ex-poly player to play defensive back for the cats. Seems like a big risk to me. I believe he was removed from the team last year for various felony charges. Can't remember the details but this sounds like a train wreck to me.

Attempted-Assault/Rape, drugs, theft and poor grades got him tossed! Perhaps a good fit?

I doubt the powers to be let this happen. After the ordeal the GRIZ just went through + Krakauer's book exposing this problem in Missoula. Unfortunately, that book makes the whole state sound bad regarding rape issues. I doubt U of M and/or MSU would even take chance of the bad publicity by taking on a player with this rumored to have happened, even if he did not do anything. Also MSU has done a solid job cleaning up the public image off the field. Why would they risk that for a player with a series of questionable character issues?

As if the Meathead Marino incident wasn't enough to disrupt team cohesion. If Ash takes this kid he is a total dipshit after Marino, one short year ago.

Ash took Anthony Knight last year after he got booted off Nevada and was involved in a assault with a deadly weapon, theft, and drugs. He also just picked up a linebacker transfer who was booted from Cincinnati for off field issues. So if it isn't stopping him lately, why let a cal poly kid who is on trial for 9 (yes 9!!) felonies stop ya.

Ron Ash newest chapter in his book is titled "desperate times call for desperate measures"

Sounding more and more like" The Longest Yard" in Bozeman. :lol:
Five or six digit numbers on the jerseys may be more appropriate than 1-99. Truth in packaging, y'know.

HookedonGriz said:
Ash took Anthony Knight last year after he got booted off Nevada and was involved in a assault with a deadly weapon, theft, and drugs. He also just picked up a linebacker transfer who was booted from Cincinnati for off field issues.

So, what happened in the Knight and Tappan incidents? What was the end results of the charges?

KoolMoeDee said:
HookedonGriz said:
Ash took Anthony Knight last year after he got booted off Nevada and was involved in a assault with a deadly weapon, theft, and drugs. He also just picked up a linebacker transfer who was booted from Cincinnati for off field issues.

So, what happened in the Knight and Tappan incidents? What was the end results of the charges?

Doesn't matter - crucify the Cats! This crap would never happen with the Griz...

Everybody deserves a second chance. But isn't being a felon and then having to play for the Cats just adding misery to misery?

KoolMoeDee said:
HookedonGriz said:

Tappan broke a window and broke into a home to steal stuff and got caught in the act by police due to an alarm he triggered. For whatever reason the homeowner decided not to press charges. Coach did the right thing and booted him off team.

As for Knight, his charges seemed to magically and conveniently go away. He probably put a gun to the prosecutors head and gave the judge a big bag of coke...not the fizzy kind :)

mtgrizrule said:
I doubt the powers to be let this happen. After the ordeal the GRIZ just went through + Krakauer's book exposing this problem in Missoula. Unfortunately, that book makes the whole state sound bad regarding rape issues. I doubt U of M and/or MSU would even take chance of the bad publicity by taking on a player with this rumored to have happened, even if he did not do anything. Also MSU has done a solid job cleaning up the public image off the field. Why would they risk that for a player with a series of questionable character issues?

Too bad they can't do the same for their image on the field...

Latest posts

Back