• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ROOT Sports announces Big Sky TV schedule

get'em_griz

DONOR
http://bigskyconf.com/news/2015/4/23/FB_0423154719.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Griz get five games on ROOT Sports:

Sept 26, 2015 - Northern Arizona @ Montana
Oct 3, 2015 - Montana @ UC Davis
Oct 24, 2015 - North Dakota @ Montana
Nov 14, 2015 - Eastern Washington @ Montana
Nov 21, 2015 - Montana @ Montana State

large_ROOT_SPORTS_2015_Schedule.jpg

Montana - 5 games
MSU - 5 games
EWU - 3 games
NAU - 1 game
UCD - 1 game
Sac State - 1 game
PSU - 1 game
UND - 1 game
WSU - 1 game
SUU - 1 game

biga75 said:
9 of the 10 games feature either the Cats or Griz :thumb:

That makes sense, considering 90% of Big Sky Conference fans consist of those fan bases. At least they know there will be eyes on the tv when either the GRIZ or Cats are televised. Until other conference teams and fans step up their attendance, there is no reason to televise other games not involving the GRIZ or Cats.

#@*%! i don't get to watch 5 games this year! How many more years on the root, no internet coverage? are we close to the end of five years.

Griz!ron said:
#@*%! i don't get to watch 5 games this year! How many more years on the root, no internet coverage? are we close to the end of five years.

Well I'm very willing to bet that ROOT Sports will sign with the Big Sky again for a second contract once the first one ends. ROOT Sports has done a fantastic job promoting and presenting Big Sky games.

get'em_griz said:
Griz!ron said:

Well I'm very willing to bet that ROOT Sports will sign with the Big Sky again for a second contract once the first one ends. ROOT Sports has done a fantastic job promoting and presenting Big Sky games.

Except for not allowing online streaming of their games for fans that don't get the channel.

get'em_griz said:
Griz!ron said:

It has also given the Conference a nice boost in national recognition outside of the schools in the conference. I have former military friends in PA, VA, FL, AL, NE (all over country) who occasionally text, message, or call me to tell me they watch the GRIZ. They used to think I was exaggerating what GRIZ NATION was, but them seeing the GRIZ on TV get them to see we are as passionate of a fan base as there is. They now want to visit Missoula just to attend a GRIZ game. Funny, It has been over 20 years since serving with my brothers and sisters in arms, but the one thing they all tell me is they remember how passionate I was about Montana GRIZ athletics. Anytime they hear or see an athletic event on tv involving the GRIZ they watch and take interest because of all the great things they heard from me.

I know that is not just me, but any GRIZ fan who is living away from home has that much passion that is contagious to those around them. 2 of my friends told me their kids are looking to attend school in Missoula or play for the GRIZ because of the recognition the Root broadcasts bring to the schools. I have no doubt, it is great for schools and conferences. Yes, it is not good for a small minority of fans who don't have the right access.

I'm going to preface this that I'm not talking to anyone who CHOOSES not to subscribe to some sort of television provider, or anyone who lives in a Ted Kazinksy like cabin or is on the show naked wilderness. But to all the rest of you, how do you NOT get Root Sports? I've seen that complaint for years now, yet Root comes with the basic package on Charter, Comcast, and seven other U.S. cable proveders, as well as DirecTV and DishNetwork. It's also available on Verizon Fios and AT&T U-Verse. So it looks to me, that at least IF you live in the 21st century, it's harder to NOT have Root than it is to have Root.

havgrizfan said:
I'm going to preface this that I'm not talking to anyone who CHOOSES not to subscribe to some sort of television provider, or anyone who lives in a Ted Kazinksy like cabin or is on the show naked wilderness. But to all the rest of you, how do you NOT get Root Sports? I've seen that complaint for years now, yet Root comes with the basic package on Charter, Comcast, and seven other U.S. cable proveders, as well as DirecTV and DishNetwork. It's also available on Verizon Fios and AT&T U-Verse. So it looks to me, that at least IF you live in the 21st century, it's harder to NOT have Root than it is to have Root.

Exactly. And if you for whatever reason don't have ROOT Sports in Montana, you can go to a local bar and watch the game. Just about every bar should have ROOT Sports as part of their package. There really shouldn't be any more complaining about not being able to watch Griz games on ROOT Sports anymore.

havgrizfan said:

Very true. What we don't know though, some for whatever reasons just refuse to pay more money to their provider, or choose not to have a provider. I know while I lived in CO and NE, I always found ways to access a GRIZ game. I even know some GRIZ fans who bought a sling box for friends and family in MT just to watch the game online.

havgrizfan said:
Exactly. I had to go ahead and pay the extra 7 dollars a month to get the right package, but anyone can get ROOT on directv and all those other providers. I think overall ROOT does a good job broadcasting Big Sky games. Although the announcing could improve at times.

WaGriz4life said:
havgrizfan said:
Exactly. I had to go ahead and pay the extra 7 dollars a month to get the right package, but anyone can get ROOT on directv and all those other providers. I think overall ROOT does a good job broadcasting Big Sky games. Although the announcing could improve at times.

Personally, I think ROOT Sports announcing is damn good, but anything is better than listening to the announcers (MSU Homers) on Montana Max Media.

biga75 said:
get'em_griz said:
Griz!ron said:

Except for not allowing online streaming of their games for fans that don't get the channel.

For the record though, I do get Root Sports through Dish Network. I just know there are people chipping their teeth all the time because there's no internet feed.

havgrizfan said:

I watch the internet, OTA broadcasts and Netflix, and now HBO. Other than the Griz games I am very happy with my $23/mo tv bill (not including internet) SO not 21st century of me, i know.

To get Root sports I also HAVE to buy dish or direct tv, and I HAVE to buy it for 2 years. So to buy the right to view the five griz games in 2015 i'd have to pay about $80 per month (80x12 = $960) the per game cost works out to be $192. On a good day I can get a flight to Missoula for $200!

That is why i compain about Roots sports, it is the evils of bundling. It's great if you want to buy everything, horribly expensive and controlling if you don't.

biga75 said:
get'em_griz said:
Griz!ron said:

This contract also blocks UND from airing their conference games nationwide on FCS... and we only get one Root game in return.

I forget...are Root Sports games also blocked from the GoGriz All Access streaming site? I know they don't show Root games on BigSkyTV. If cable TV is really the preferred method of watching for so many then why is Root afraid of losing possible numbers by allowing BigSkyTV or GoGriz to stream it, as well?

If you call and ask it you buy a particular package 'will i be able to get the bug sky game on Root sports form where i live', they won't give a clear yes or no answer. Only a 'if your look at the schedule a few days prior to the game...' But you are locked into the 2 year commitment.

Griz!ron said:
havgrizfan said:

I watch the internet, OTA broadcasts and Netflix, and now HBO. Other than the Griz games I am very happy with my $23/mo tv bill (not including internet) SO not 21st century of me, i know.

To get Root sports I also HAVE to buy dish or direct tv, and I HAVE to buy it for 2 years. So to buy the right to view the five griz games in 2015 i'd have to pay about $80 per month (80x12 = $960) the per game cost works out to be $192. On a good day I can get a flight to Missoula for $200!

That is why i compain about Roots sports, it is the evils of bundling. It's great if you want to buy everything, horribly expensive and controlling if you don't.

Buy a Slingbox, ship to a friend or relative who isn't so cheap and have them install it. Added bonus of a better (HD) feed for every Griz game on TV in Montana!

Back