• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nau spring game

Fisty is monitoring this. He's always watching...

NAU-Lumberjacks-Loogo.png

Yes, easily drawn out of his log shanty.

D-looked okay. Offense is still a ?? with the new transfer QB- but pass heavy for sure.
Nobody wanted to catch the ball on either side tho. O-line looked ok, so long as they were passing the ball------running wins championships. :evil:

However with snow/rain flurries, at least the game was aesthetically pleasing- (played on north campus, rather than the dome).

Going to be a tough season, first four division 1 schools will be good sport. Plus the others after the first four.

_Stephen F Austin
_N.M. Highlands
_UofA
_Montana
_Montana St.

Quig said:

D-looked okay. Offense is still a ?? with the new transfer QB- but pass heavy for sure.
Nobody wanted to catch the ball on either side tho. O-line looked ok, so long as they were passing the ball------running wins championships. :evil:

However with snow/rain flurries, at least the game was aesthetically pleasing- (played on north campus, rather than the dome).

Going to be a tough season, first four division 1 schools will be good sport. Plus the others after the first four.

_Stephen F Austin
_N.M. Highlands
_UofA
_Montana
_Montana St.

GRIZ have a tough 1st 5 games too.
NDSU- The best FCS program in the nation the last 4 years.
Cal Poly- Their running game always gives the GRIZ fits.
@Liberty- Improving FCS program on a long road trip.
NAU- GRIZ have struggled against them for awhile now. Souers owned Delaney. Stitt has to fair better
@UC Davis- Probably the easiest of the opponents, Unfortunately, it is on the road.

Anyone else notice the camera mounts on the front of the QB's helmets? Seeing what the QB sees, novel idea.

mtgrizrule said:
Quig said:

_Stephen F Austin
_N.M. Highlands
_UofA
_Montana
_Montana St.

NAU- GRIZ have struggled against them for awhile now. Souers owned Delaney. Stitt has to fair better
@UC Davis- Probably the easiest of the opponents, Unfortunately, it is on the road.

I don't think anybody's first 4-6 games compares to Cal Poly's. :shock:

"I don't think anybody's first 4-6 games compares to Cal Poly's." :shock: AZ

Yea hopefully they can take it to Asu though. Usually by the following week, after getting over what could have been. It's pretty satisfying when Nau hangs into the 3rd or 4th with either Arizona school. :)

mtgrizrule said:
Quig said:

_Stephen F Austin
_N.M. Highlands
_UofA
_Montana
_Montana St.

mtgrizrule:
You know I think you're a great poster but did you just post that UC Davis was going to be a tough opponent? Who knows? The Griz may struggle with them on the road but I'd hardly consider UC Davis as a anything more than a BSC lower tier team.... The Griz have to find a way to dominate and win that game. No excuses.....

CV Griz Fan said:
mtgrizrule said:
Quig said:

_Stephen F Austin
_N.M. Highlands
_UofA
_Montana
_Montana St.

mtgrizrule:
You know I think you're a great poster but did you just post that UC Davis was going to be a tough opponent? Who knows? The Griz may struggle with them on the road but I'd hardly consider UC Davis as a anything more than a BSC lower tier team.... The Griz have to find a way to dominate and win that game. No excuses.....

I did post they are the worse of the 1st 5 opponents. Nonetheless, they are part of our 1st 5. I do think Davis is tougher than NM Highlands, which is 1 of NAU's 1st 5 games. Plus, until we see the GRIZ on the road under Stitt, we have to wonder how much of the Delaney road struggles will still remain?

The Griz flat out CRUSHED Davis 42-7 in Davis in 2013. They might have had SOME road struggles under Delaney but that trip sure wasn't one of em' and I'm definitely not worried about that trip in 2015 either.

Ursa Major said:

That 10.5 pound Dayton bit on the handle sends shivers down my spine. It's a gentleman's tool, indeed. That said, I'm wondering whether he's felled more timber with the bit or his fist. I'd bet the fist is reserved in a Vaseline-filled glove for after-shift endeavors, but I cannot be certain.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

That 10.5 pound Dayton bit on the handle sends shivers down my spine. It's a gentleman's tool, indeed. That said, I'm wondering whether he's felled more timber with the bit or his fist. I'd bet the fist is reserved in a Vaseline-filled glove for after-shift endeavors, but I cannot be certain.

Steinbeck reference - amazing CDA. Probably too good for old fisty, but so appropriate on eGriz on so many levels. Again, am in awe.

bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Steinbeck reference - amazing CDA. Probably to good for old fisty, but so appropriate on eGriz on so many levels. Again, am in awe.

Yea he's achen to get back up into Montana. Go after some of the states fine gymnosperm trees and craft some more boards for his shanty. As for the game, hopefully the looser doesn't come away feeling too sore!

AllWeatherFan said:
You'll be looser after Fisty is finished with you - on this we agree.

hahaha, that we do. Except you got the tense wrong, I'v know Fisty for some time now! It was a tough start, butt we've learned to share the power position :oops:

Latest posts

Back