• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt Not Messing Around

HookedonGriz

DONOR
He cut 15 from the roster after spring ball. 11 are on the offensive side with 9 being receivers. 4 on the defensive side.

Ya feel bad for the kids who were working hard, but at the same time the Griz and this new coach want to win and win often. He also had to make room in the roster for his incoming class. I'd say some if these newbies will be seeing the field, especially at the WR position.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-trim-roster-cut-from-spring/article_b3bb53aa-c34c-5cb8-9e2f-1bc50c7a4241.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pussycatkillerz said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm9teEV1wEc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwXl6r5Eu58" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How does Marq Rogers go from being the stud he was in camp as a true freshman to getting cut? Kind of a shocker there.

alabamagrizzly said:
Fahque said:
How does Marq Rogers go from being the stud he was in camp as a true freshman to getting cut? Kind of a shocker there.
He had a good hype man.
Don't think so. I watched him in camp his freshman year. Dude caught nearly everything. Even in the middle of the field where he knew he was going to get leveled.

Fahque said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Fahque said:
He had a good hype man.
Don't think so. I watched him in camp his freshman year. Dude caught nearly everything. Even in the middle of the field where he knew he was going to get leveled.
Realistically, injuries. Can't stay healthy enough to get on the feild. He would be a Jr this year and we're all still waiting to see him play. Hopefully he gets something worked out somewhere cus he deffenetly has the ability to play.

HookedonGriz said:
He cut 15 from the roster after spring ball. 11 are on the offensive side with 9 being receivers. 4 on the defensive side.

Ya feel bad for the kids who were working hard, but at the same time the Griz and this new coach want to win and win often. He also had to make room in the roster for his incoming class. I'd say some if these newbies will be seeing the field, especially at the WR position.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-trim-roster-cut-from-spring/article_b3bb53aa-c34c-5cb8-9e2f-1bc50c7a4241.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is called welcome to BIG time football....produce or your down the road...which is really the way it should be imo.....

Not too certain that this is it for changes. If my math is correct the article mentioned 78 guys on the roster and 21 or more coming in. (I thought there were 21 inbound from the original announcement and four or five added since). 95 is the limit for fall camp, to increase by ten when the season starts. Seems like a dumb rule, oh wait... its the NC2A, never mind. Would't think Stitt is done "tinkering" with the roster by any means.

I stopped by Stitts office to meet him last week and was told he was taking one hour with each player and going over his rules, the players needs, what Stitt wants out of him and explaining to each player "you are one and done if you get in serious trouble" and of course I did not get to meet the coach. His staff is beyond excited....I mean really excited! I can't wait to meet the new coach.

Umista said:
I stopped by Stitts office to meet him last week and was told he was taking one hour with each player and going over his rules, the players needs, what Stitt wants out of him and explaining to each player "you are one and done if you get in serious trouble" and of course I did not get to meet the coach. His staff is beyond excited....I mean really excited! I can't wait to meet the new coach.

Sounds like he is hiding from U, mista...

cclarkblues said:
Umista said:

Sounds like he is hiding from U, mista...

You think?

The last few years I felt like, top to bottom and overall, Eastern Washington had better receivers than we did. I think Stitt is focused like a laser beam on changing that, and I applaud him.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help out, Coach. :D

AllWeatherFan said:
The last few years I felt like, top to bottom and overall, Eastern Washington had better receivers than we did. I think Stitt is focused like a laser beam on changing that, and I applaud him.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help out, Coach. :D

Better??? Well, yeah. They have one that is better than just about anyone in the country at this level, and would be really good at the BCS level..... He is responsible for much of Shoota's success.

OK...I gave myself away when I was trying to sell used jock straps, coaching insurance and offering free drinks at the Mo club...next time perhaps

Latest posts

Back