• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU @ Montana line opens at -15

get'em_griz

DONOR
http://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx#al_26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's early and I expect this line to shrink and be a lot closer to 7 for either team as we get closer to kickoff.

WaGriz4life said:
Good God. Not a lot of confidence being shown in our new regime by our friends in Las Vegas.

That line is better than last year's I believe. Didn't one service have the Griz as 3 or 4 TD dogs
for last seasons game? In any case, last year's contest was a Griz loss by 12. This line will come down a little as the game approaches just like the first poster said. Whether it is Stitt or Delaney in charge, this line would be same IMO.....

AZGrizFan said:
Get your money on the Griz now. That line is gonna close up to single digits by gametime.

No crap, if I were a gambler I'd be placing a bet now. I don't bet on games though. My gambling is more with Poker tournaments and black jack. I am sure GRIZ fans who like to bet on games, will be laying down a lot of money on this one.

Why does anyone expect a different opening line? Why would it change, other than Griz fans going ape-shit and betting up the Griz? There will be no games between now and then. I doubt that the odds makers will be diligently scouting the fall scrimmages??

They are the 3 time defending national champs. They reloaded pretty well. Their system is entrenched, and their personnel are recruited for it. We haven't been a threat on the national scene for the last 3 years. We have a brand new coach (who, while I am very excited about him, has a record that is just OK at his previous school), a new QB and a completely new system. And it is the first game of the year???

We may stay closer than that, but clearly we Griz fans are the only one who think so. And I kind of like being a big underdog.

Exactly. For the most part, egrizzers are the only ones that honestly believe this should be an even, "pick em" game. The rest of the world knows that all the rah rah hype over a new head coach will only get you so far, and the odds of having everything clicking by that first game, against that team (That is a better team than the Tennessee team you played a few years back where a bunch of you thought you were going to beat them)... not good odds.

So yes, the line will shrink (It will shrink because griz fans will start betting heavy on the griz). Then when it does shrink to 8 or 9, I'll jump in and take NDSU and cash in.

Now... who's gonna be the first to make a stupid comment about how the CATS are too chickenshit to play NDSU? There, I did it for you... :lol:

poorgriz said:
Exactly. For the most part, egrizzers are the only ones that honestly believe this should be an even, "pick em" game. The rest of the world knows that all the rah rah hype over a new head coach will only get you so far, and the odds of having everything clicking by that first game, against that team (That is a better team than the Tennessee team you played a few years back where a bunch of you thought you were going to beat them)... not good odds.

So yes, the line will shrink (It will shrink because griz fans will start betting heavy on the griz). Then when it does shrink to 8 or 9, I'll jump in and take NDSU and cash in.

Now... who's gonna be the first to make a stupid comment about how the CATS are too chickenshit to play NDSU? There, I did it for you... :lol:

No need for anyone to comment on that. The Cats already proved that. :thumb:

poorgriz said:

I think egrizzers range from very optimistic to very pessimistic. Only a handful of people have commented on the odds...pretty sure you're just obsessed with talking about the Griz. I don't think the "rah rah hype" over the new coach is what has alot of people excited. I think it is tangible things that Stitt is doing within the program and scheme and personnel based changes, not that you could understand that not everyone (other than your buddy) associated with the Griz walks around blindly optimistic. But truth be told, there is alot of reason for optimism in the program, it's not just the fans, and it's not just this season.

poorgriz said:

Not to mention that tough Thursday Night Fort Lewis :lol: game to give cat fans that early false sense of security. But it builds depth right :lol: Bottom line is Montana will show up and give ndsu a hell of a game....on ESPN in Missoula. I've predicted 31-24 ndsu.

grizpack said:
Why does anyone expect a different opening line? Why would it change, other than Griz fans going ape-shit and betting up the Griz? There will be no games between now and then. I doubt that the odds makers will be diligently scouting the fall scrimmages??

They are the 3 time defending national champs. They reloaded pretty well. Their system is entrenched, and their personnel are recruited for it. We haven't been a threat on the national scene for the last 3 years. We have a brand new coach (who, while I am very excited about him, has a record that is just OK at his previous school), a new QB and a completely new system. And it is the first game of the year???

We may stay closer than that, but clearly we Griz fans are the only one who think so. And I kind of like being a big underdog.

They are actually the 4 time defending champs, but I will take the Griz and 15 any day of the week and twice on sunday! With our D and homefield there is now way they beat us by double digits. Write that down and I will see you on Aug 30!!

my early prediction was 31-13 and this seems about right at -15 ndsu .

a little back story. 5 dimes & vegas has been beat up bad by NDSU being underdogs vs FBS teams (8 times now) and a lot of us made a ton of money over the last 4-5 years. But last year and now with this game, these people are putting NDSU heavy not to make that mistake again.

:thumb:
Hammer said:
grizpack said:

They are actually the 4 time defending champs, but I will take the Griz and 15 any day of the week and twice on sunday! With our D and homefield there is now way they beat us by double digits. Write that down and I will see you on Aug 30!!

Bisonation said:
my early prediction was 31-13 and this seems about right at -15 ndsu .

a little back story. 5 dimes & vegas has been beat up bad by NDSU being underdogs vs FBS teams (8 times now) and a lot of us made a ton of money over the last 4-5 years. But last year and now with this game, these people are putting NDSU heavy not to make that mistake again.
37-13 seems more realistic with the improved Griz defense and all. Over here in Bozeman we appreciate when the real world meets egriz

Back