• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Safety Play

Let's talk about it.....alpha what do you think of our current safeties? Are you excited about a young Manu Rasmussen. Sounds like that kid has the instincts and intangibles that make a great safety.

HookedonGriz said:
Let's talk about it.....alpha what do you think of our current safeties? Are you excited about a young Manu Rasmussen. Sounds like that kid has the instincts and intangibles that make a great safety.

How many games has he started?

grizcountry420 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Colt Anderson had never started a game before the Iowa game either. Your point is?????

i don't know what to expect from the safeties EXCEPT, the fact that UM returns a senior who was All-Conference a year ago. Being All-Conference means the rest of the coaches in the Big Sky, all of whom can evaluate talent much better than this board can, think Whitted is pretty damn good. So yeah, I'll go with their thoughts on Whitted over anyone on here's.

Hammer said:
grizcountry420 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Colt Anderson had never started a game before the Iowa game either. Your point is?????

My point is.. Nobody knows how this group is going to perform. It's a big question mark. Lots of unknowns. The talent we have now is nowhere comparable to the talent we had back in 06. I think there were 8 players on the 06 team that are playing or have played in the NFL. How many guys do we have on this years team that are going to play at the next level? There is a reason why we haven't won a conference title in many years..

grizcountry420 said:
Hammer said:
grizcountry420 said:
HookedonGriz said:

My point is.. Nobody knows how this group is going to perform. It's a big question mark. Lots of unknowns. The talent we have now is nowhere comparable to the talent we had back in 06. I think there were 8 players on the 06 team that are playing or have played in the NFL. How many guys do we have on this years team that are going to play at the next level? There is a reason why we haven't won a conference title in many years..

Safety play will be good, probably very good, and potentially better than that. Same with corner play. This is will likely be the most athletic and deep (especially at corner) secondaries UM has had in years. Of course, assuming no injuries.

420, why do you assume no one knows more about Griz football than you do? You know little or nothing. You also know little or nothing about the game. Sorry, but you are truly one of the biggest idiots on the board. Stop. Stop embarrassing yourself.

grizcountry420 said:
HookedonGriz said:

If you look at the Griz roster you will notice that going into this season Manu Rasmussen is a Red-Shirt freshman, therefore he has started zero games, we can get someone like PlayerRep to explain the finer points of NCAA eligibility to you.

No red-shirt freshman has ever started a game for the Griz prior to their first season of playing and yet the team has been very successful in the past, so I am not sure your point carries much weight. :evil:

SaskGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
HookedonGriz said:

If you look at the Griz roster you will notice that going into this season Manu Rasmussen is a Red-Shirt freshman, therefore he has started zero games, we can get someone like PlayerRep to explain the finer points of NCAA eligibility to you.

No red-shirt freshman has ever started a game for the Griz prior to their first season of playing and yet the team has been very successful in the past, so I am not sure your point carries much weight. :evil:

Perhaps not, but then if it does this year, we will see what it means when "Stitt" happens.

Whitted is by far one of the best we have had in recent years. Like many players he had a nasty injury he played with most of last season but did very well in spite of it. Hard hitting, smart and was not able to play in top form because of his injury. If healthy we are in very good shape as he is a game changer.
As in every year we may end up playing a red-shirt frosh with Whitted but this is what we go through every season. My opinion is we will get better as the season goes along. I'll have a better feeling after I chat with Ty and some of the assistants but I am good with what we have.
In a few months we will all know, why worry about it now?

PlayerRep said:
grizcountry420 said:
Hammer said:
grizcountry420 said:

Safety play will be good, probably very good, and potentially better than that. Same with corner play. This is will likely be the most athletic and deep (especially at corner) secondaries UM has had in years. Of course, assuming no injuries.

420, why do you assume no one knows more about Griz football than you do? You know little or nothing. You also know little or nothing about the game. Sorry, but you are truly one of the biggest idiots on the board. Stop. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Winning friends a and influencing people, the Dartmouth way.

I think we're OK at safety, I'm more worried about D-line depth.

Whitted: If he stays healthy through the season has a good chance to be one of the best in the Big Sky.

Dallaserra: Solid player, doesn't make many mistakes, loves to hit hard. I wouldn't say he's an upgrade over Hermey but he's a serviceable starter.

Rassmussen: Brimming with talent - I don't recall many RS Frosh safeties that have played as well as him. I assume he'll rotate in and out this season. Still makes a lot of mistakes you see younger DBs make but he's a physical player and a great athlete.

Johnson/Delaney/Epperly: Primarily ST and mop-up duty guys. Johnson should rotate in a bit as well I would guess.

Ty Gregorak already came out with a article recapping the defense and how he thought they played in the spring. Whitted and Rasmussen will be the starters.

Back