• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz ranked 15th in The Sporting News' preseason Top 25

Well, the proof will be in the pudding.
Montana, which will have to replace quarterback Jordan Johnson and defensive end Zach Wagenmann among others, was the fourth-highest rated Big Sky team. Behind Eastern, Montana State checked in at No. 9 and Idaho State ranked two spots ahead of the Griz at No. 13.

Montana plays the Bengals, Eagles and Bobcats on back-to-back-to-back weekends beginning Nov. 7 when the Griz travel to Pocatello, Idaho.

But I think EWU is gettin' WAY too much love considering the sudden loss of VA and what he meant to that offense. And didn't ISU have to replace THEIR QB too?

Blah... beat me to it! :p

1. North Dakota State
2. Sam Houston State
3. Illinois State
4. Villanova
5. Eastern Washington
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Jacksonville State
8. Chattanooga
9. Montana State
10. Youngstown State
11. Northern Iowa
12. James Madison
13. Idaho State
14. Eastern Kentucky
15. Montana
16. Liberty
17. Stephen F Austin
18. New Hampshire
19. Indiana State
20. Alcorn State
21. Southeastern Louisiana
22. Northern Arizona
23. South Dakota State
24. Charleston Southern
25. Eastern Illinois

get'em_griz said:
Blah... beat me to it! :p

1. North Dakota State
2. Sam Houston State
3. Illinois State
4. Villanova
5. Eastern Washington
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Jacksonville State
8. Chattanooga
9. Montana State
10. Youngstown State
11. Northern Iowa
12. James Madison
13. Idaho State
14. Eastern Kentucky
15. Montana
16. Liberty
17. Stephen F Austin
18. New Hampshire
19. Indiana State
20. Alcorn State
21. Southeastern Louisiana
22. Northern Arizona
23. South Dakota State
24. Charleston Southern
25. Eastern Illinois

So, Montana plays #'s 1, 5, 9, 13, 16 and 22. Yowza. :shock: :shock:

And once again, Cal Poly gets the short end of the stick. That program just can NOT get any love...Cal Poly would absolutely ROLL SFA, Alcorn State, CSU & probably EKU among others.

So this year we play the numbers 1, 5, 9, 13, 16, and 22 ranked teams. How does the strength of schedule rank in the FCS?

How is MSU in the top 20?

When was the last time they even made the playoffs? This is why I put ZERO credence in preseason polls.

Agreed, CC is going to be very solid next year there is no way they shouldnt be in the top 3.

Having ANY BSC team in the top 10 is ridiculous Idaho St is the best of the BSC and they shouldnt be any higher than 13

Ewu shouldnt be higher than 15
Montana is too high at 15 we should be about 20-23ish
cats should be in the 27-30 range, they are unproven return a horrible defense and as a team are extremely slow especially on the defensive side of the ball.

I think we are gonna see CC on top this year, Moglia is the type of coach that great players want to play for. The big sky needs to lay low and stay quiet for a little while, wouldn't hurt us to be the dark horse for a change.

brewskis said:
I think we are gonna see CC on top this year, Moglia is the type of coach that great players want to play for. The big sky needs to lay low and stay quiet for a little while, wouldn't hurt us to be the dark horse for a change.

Mogila definitely takes average players and makes them better than they should be as a collective unit, most of that is on the OL they have been very solid upfront and that masks a lot of average skill players when you can run the ball and have time to throw the ball.

A good OL can even make Aikman a good QB.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Agreed, CC is going to be very solid next year there is no way they shouldnt be in the top 3.

Having ANY BSC team in the top 10 is ridiculous Idaho St is the best of the BSC and they shouldnt be any higher than 13

Ewu shouldnt be higher than 15
Montana is too high at 15 we should be about 20-23ish
cats should be in the 27-30 range, they are unproven return a horrible defense and as a team are extremely slow especially on the defensive side of the ball.

ISU COULD...GO...ALL...THE...WAY! If they hadn't scheduled Boise State...

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
brewskis said:

Mogila definitely takes average players and makes them better than they should be as a collective unit, most of that is on the OL they have been very solid upfront and that masks a lot of average skill players when you can run the ball and have time to throw the ball.

On the other side of the coin, a bad OL can make better than average skill players look bad. I think we've had a case of that these last few years.

I think it's fine the cats are above us here, it's the end of the year polls that matter and it's been quite a few years now they've had them high early and low late...vice versa for us and that's fine with me. Is ISU going to have a qb capable of replicating their performance last year?

brewskis said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
brewskis said:

On the other side of the coin, a bad OL can make better than average skill players look bad. I think we've had a case of that these last few years.

Absolutely

ISU went to a JC QB who looks good on paper. Hasn't arrived, yet.

POCATELLO, Idaho- The Idaho State football program has added to its recruiting class with the signing of quarterback Michael Sanders from Scottsdale Community College. With the addition of Sanders, the 2015 signing class is now at 23 and Sanders is the sixth offensive player the ISU coaching staff has signed.

Sanders (6-3, 210) just completed his sophomore year at Scottsdale where he earned first-team all-league and finished second in the nation in passing with 3,827 yards. He threw for 38 touchdowns and was team captain as a sophomore.

State is probably the most difficult team to predict for next year. They were obviously a different team with Prukop and won despite a suspect D. They brought in around 9-10 D transfers some of which sound great on paper. If (and this is a big if) the transfers gel, that could be a good D (possibly great), mixed with a good O (possibly great) and the bozo cats could be tough. The consistent concern is coaching. Ash seems to recruit good players year and year out, but almost always fails in big games. I would even take Delaney over Ash.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
If Delaney and Ash were my only 2 choices I would go coachless....................

Well, that IS a tough one...but Delaney did go 2-1 against Rash, so I'd probably stick with Delaney. :cool:

Back