• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mick Delaney is a FIRST CLASS MAN

Richard Cranium

With a new group of Griz football players graduating yesterday, he made it a point to send a very touching and heart felt message to the graduates and the rest of the team, encouraging them to get their diplomas.When I read the message it made me think how lucky Griz fans were to have him as our coach over a very difficult time for Griz Football. It made me ashamed of my displeasure of some of his on field decisions. Mick beat the cats 2 of 3 years and took us to the playoffs 2 of 3 years all in the darkest days of Griz Football. Winning games was his main task, but getting young men to get their diplomas was just as important. Thank you Mick.

I read Micks "comments" to the graduates. Mick never bothered to mention veterans, the young people serving in the military or people who decided to join the workforce without a college degree. Mick is a piece of shit!!

Ursa Major said:
I read Micks "comments" to the graduates. Mick never bothered to mention veterans, the young people serving in the military or people who decided to join the workforce without a college degree. Mick is a piece of shit!!
:roll: :D

I heard he's still coaching-----now against Bob Green-------in the butte cops vs firefighters fundraiser. I wish I could post a pic of the promotional poster; it's glorious.

Hes a wonderful man. I don't know him personally but know ALOT of people that do, and I have yet to hear anyone say anything but great things about the man. Remember, he was retired and asked to come lead the team through dark days, he didn't lobby for the job. His job was to right the ship and weather the storm. He did exactly that!

Ursa Major said:
I understand where you're coming from ... I think.

But any mention of those fine young people you are concerned about could have come across as criticism of the very graduates to whom he wanted to send a positive message. I do not recall having read anything that Mick said about people who chose to skip college (and some people are truly not meant for college). So ... I have no idea how he fells about that. However, he has made it clear that he is fully aware and appreciative of the young people who chose to serve in the military.

IdaGriz01 said:
Ursa Major said:

But any mention of those fine young people you are concerned about could have come across as criticism of the very graduates to whom he wanted to send a positive message. I do not recall having read anything that Mick said about people who chose to skip college (and some people are truly not meant for college). So ... I have no idea how he fells about that. However, he has made it clear that he is fully aware and appreciative of the young people who chose to serve in the military.
IG,
It was a just a joke about the responses to RE's commencement comments yesterday. I've got nothing but respect for the coach.

Ursa Major said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Ursa Major said:

IG,
It was a just a joke about the responses to RE's commencement comments yesterday. I've got nothing but respect for the coach.
Fair enough. Hey, I'm old ... and didn't get the joke. :( :D

I'm also old enough the remember the "Peter Principle," in which managers keep getting promoted until they're a step (or two) above their "natural" level of competence. If ever there was an example of the principle, RE is it. :eek: :(

by Ursa Major » Sun May 17, 2015 4:31 pm

I really, really hope you are not serious with this post. I mean... are our for real with this kind of comment?

Ursa's post is hilarious. But it's one of those "you had to be there jokes". Well done, Mr Ursa!!

And yes, a great OP as well. We were indeed lucky to have Mick lead the ship out of shit creek. And as others have mentioned no one -- not even cat fans -- have ever said a negative thing about the man. He's a reminder that life is so much bigger than football. Thanks for all you've done for the program, Mick.

Many thanks Mick for steering Griz Nation through the most turbulent of times and for mentoring some truly fine student-athletes. Coach Stitt was left a fine cupboard to build upon! :clap: :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Ursa Major said:

IG,

I have to admit I was one of the old guys who didn't get this joke at first. Well played! Mick was just what the Dr. ordered at the time. RE? Maybe not so much.

statler & waldorf said:
All this over a joke?? Get a life, and a sense of humor. Sorry to interrupt the ass kissing contest.

Speaking of a joke.

You could probably turn the page on the Delaney obsession. He is gone.

He is a good man, and did a tremendous job navigating this shit show the last couple years.
Get over it.

He came in and did the best job he could do. Very nice man. Good wife. He should have many years of good retirement even though he picked Butte....

Good luck, Mick!

Latest posts

Back