• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Carp Not a Fan of the PAT Rules Changes in NFL

He has a good point. Also, the changes are supposed to bring more "skill" into the game. Kickers don't get much recognition, but good ones are sure in the hell hard to find. I feel their "skill" is rare for the game. Personally, I like the rule change. He is right though, it contradicts the NFL's desire to protect players from concussions.

If 2-pt conversions are from the 2 and extra pt conversions are from the 15 that also tips the advantage to the defense as offenses will have to decide which they're going for prior to lining up and pretty much eliminates the opportunity for offenses to run play fakes where they fake the kick and go for two. Or am I on crack?

Fahque said:
If 2-pt conversions are from the 2 and extra pt conversions are from the 15 that also tips the advantage to the defense as offenses will have to decide which they're going for prior to lining up and pretty much eliminates the opportunity for offenses to run play fakes where they fake the kick and go for two. Or am I on crack?

I think that would affect the college game more. Don't see many gimmicky plays from the pros on extra pt attempts. This rule would destroy the extra point for the bobkittens.

Fahque said:

I'd love to see a fake on the PAT from 15! I know I won't, but still...

If the college game adopts the NFL PAT rule Poly would go for two 100% of the time, hell we can't hit from the two 15% of the time.

BDizzle said:
Fahque said:

I think that would affect the college game more. Don't see many gimmicky plays from the pros on extra pt attempts. This rule would destroy the extra point for the bobkittens.
It wouldn't be very good for us either considering the last two years of kicking...

Back