• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Possible Transfer

Atlanta Griz1

I recently spoke with one of the assistant coaches at Boulder Creek H.S. here in Arizona, and he told me that one of their former players who is currently playing for a top FBS school, is talking with NAU and Montana about transferring there. I will not disclose any more info because of possible NCAA infractions, but just wanted to give you guys some possible good news.

This kid is a stud, and plays on the defensive side of the ball.

If true....he might look at Montana's success in getting defensive players in (or a legit shot) at the NFL if that is his desire someday. Pretty impressive for a FCS school

GoldStandardGriz said:
Same school as Ryan McKinley?

Yes, Ryan came from Boulder Creek too. Don't get your hopes too high, because I think NAU has the inside track because it is close to home. Not sure if Ryan playing for the Griz is a factor or not.

I promised the coach who told me this that I would not divulge the kids name, and I will honor that promise. Sorry.

Boulder Creek had a stud O-lineman this season who signed with U. of Arizona. I know him, and he would have considered Montana if he did not get any FBS offers. But he blossomed and grew as a senior, and the FBS offers started flooding in, meaning we had no chance at signing him. We are well-connected at Boulder Creek, however, and I think you will see more players from there going to Montana. Oh, and NDSU is also well-connected there too, unfortunately!

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I recently spoke with one of the assistant coaches at Boulder Creek H.S. here in Arizona, and he told me that one of their former players who is currently playing for a top FBS school, is talking with NAU and Montana about transferring there. I will not disclose any more info because of possible NCAA infractions, but just wanted to give you guys some possible good news.

Interesting, kinda of strange that you will not disclose the name, and its not a NCAA infraction, because the alleged player would be transferring to a FCS school

Interesting, kinda of strange that you will not disclose the name, and its not a NCAA infraction, because the alleged player would be transferring to a FCS school

UCLAALUM said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

How about simply because he promised the coach he wouldn't?

I heard a rumor that a player from a school, city, and state that I cannot mention may or may not transfer to a bsc school.

Other than Jamaal Jones have any of these drop down transfers ever accomplished anything at Montana?

onrasekt said:
I heard a rumor that a player from a school, city, and state that I cannot mention may or may not transfer to a bsc school.

Other than Jamaal Jones have any of these drop down transfers ever accomplished anything at Montana?

Douglass, Miller, Ochs off the top of my head.

onrasekt said:

Other than Ellis Henderson, Eric Allen,Craig Chambers, Joe Douglass, Brent Russum, JD Quinn, Justin Green, Travon Vaan, willie Walden, Craig Ochs etc. etc. etc.......? I hope you weren't being serious. I could list more

GoldStandardGriz said:
onrasekt said:

Douglass, Miller, Ochs off the top of my head.

Kelley Bryant, Justin Green, Levi Horn

onrasekt said:

Some transfers never make a mark at UM while a significant list of others have certainly left their marks, including throughout the record books. So yes, transfers are indeed an important component to building a successful squad.

WaGriz4life said:
onrasekt said:

Other than Ellis Henderson, Eric Allen,Craig Chambers, Joe Douglass, Brent Russum, JD Quinn, Justin Green, Travon Vaan, willie Walden, Craig Ochs etc. etc. etc.......? I hope you weren't being serious. I could list more
Maybe he's one of the worst "what have you done for me lately" type of people you will ever meet. Or maybe he's only three but that don't explain Ellis. Don't forget Van Ack also. I think he's done alright at LB.

If we get this kid, which I think is a long shot, you will be very pleased. He would add to an already solid defense, and have two years to play (I think, that is).

alabamagrizzly said:
WaGriz4life said:
onrasekt said:

Maybe he's one of the worst "what have you done for me lately" type of people you will ever meet. Or maybe he's only three but that don't explain Ellis. Don't forget Van Ack also. I think he's done alright at LB.
I always forget KVA is a transfer. He is a good one. The idea that FBS drop downs don't pan out/hurt the program is so idiotic it's not worth the time we've already spent talking about it.

WaGriz4life said:
alabamagrizzly said:
WaGriz4life said:
onrasekt said:

I always forget KVA is a transfer. He is a good one. The idea that FBS drop downs don't pan out/hurt the program is so idiotic it's not worth the time we've already spent talking about it.

Not to mention there's an entire thread dedicated to Alpha's statement that for every one that panned out he could name 3 that didn't....still waiting for his list of 60. :lol:

Back