• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2015 GRIZ Football Camp

mtgrizrule

I only caught 2 hours of the football camp today from 2 to 4PM. Spoke with Gregorak for a few minutes. He is pretty excited for the season to get started, but feels about another month is needed for the staff to be ready. Apparently there were over 60 teams and another 170 individual players at the camp this week.

Maybe some Spokane HS football followers can fill me in regarding Rogers HS. They had some very big kids on their varsity and JV teams. They looked damn impressive physically and on the field. I have no idea what kind of program they now have. Believe it or not their little QB caught my eye with his ability to keep plays alive and threw the ball very well from the pocket and scrambling. I mentioned to Gregorak how impressive the kid was. Gregorak smiled and said "Hard to believe, he will only be a HS Freshman this season." I did not get the player's name. Maybe someone familiar with Spokane area football can tell us who the kid is. He so reminded me of Jordan Johnson or the highlights we saw of Pflug. Anyway, I hope someone can fill us in about the Rogers HS program and who the Fr QB is. He was fun to watch.

My friend's son, Reese Neville had a pretty solid camp at Safety and slot WR/HB. The last game he had a few picks and a TD. Here is his 2014 highlight video. Notice a few of the plays are against nationally ranked Bishop O'Gorman. He is even a better Safety than RB/slot. His speed is now at 4.6. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4770183/reese-neville

Camp was pretty impressive with good turn out. I saw that QB as well and another kid that stood out at RB and inside receiver, word was he came all the way from Texas. He had a white helmet with some letters on the side of it, wore a maroon jersey. Very shifty and very fast. The QB was surprising for such a younger kid.

Back