• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

DATELINE, Now with JJ content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IroneagleXP said:
GrizPony said:
It basically was a non-story with regard to UM. I don't think it hurt us at all.
:roll:

It only talked about Johnson, it said he was acquitted in 3 hours. Is your "eye roll" because you are too stupid to figure out that it was a non-story?

What a total non-story. For UM, Johnson and the other non-UM situations covered. I suppose some credit to NBC is due, but why did they even bother. No wonder they waited several years to put out this non-story. O'Day was on camera several times. He was pretty good. Clearly explained and defended the situations. The JJ accuser's roommate was on several times. Looked pretty weak, and like a loser. And how long is the Belnap woman, the gang blow job accuser, going to keep this up. The police declined to prosecute twice, and nothing happened in the UM proceedings to any of the guys who got lawyers. The woman needs to recognize that virtually no one in authority believed her, she lost multiple times, and it's time to move on. How many times can the media say the same things over and over again, especially when the results showed that people didn't believe the accusers? It's time for those involved and the media to move on.

PlayerRep said:
What a total non-story. For UM, Johnson and the other non-UM situations covered. I suppose some credit to NBC is due, but why did they even bother. No wonder they waited several years to put out this non-story. O'Day was on camera several times. He was pretty good. Clearly explained and defended the situations. The JJ accuser's roommate was on several times. Looked pretty weak, and like a loser. And how long is the Belnap woman, the gang blow job accuser, going to keep this up. The police declined to prosecute twice, and nothing happened in the UM proceedings to any of the guys who got lawyers. The woman needs to recognize that virtually no one in authority believed her, she lost multiple times, and it's time to move on. How many times can the media say the same things over and over again, especially when the results showed that people didn't believe the accusers? It's time for those involved and the media to move on.
It's called being skeptical. When someone makes a detailed accusation and has evidence to support, but the government chooses to not prosecute some people are skeptical. This skepticism is reinforced by the numbers of accusations that are true, but lack the evidence to get to trial. It's possible to believe someone is telling the truth, but not think there's enough evidence to warrant a trial.

Another thing to consider is accusers feel like they're helping/inspiring victims, who are too afraid to seek justice, by showing their face.

Also, in what way did the JJ accuser roommate look weak and like a loser? Is it not possible for someone to look like a loser, or be a loser but still tell the truth? Can you look good and be a liar? In other words what you think isn't what everyone thinks.

It'll never be a non-story as long as we know that JJ was expelled based upon a preponderance of evidence and then allowed back in school when the a higher standard no longer in use was used. That alone will always make it a story and one that won't be going away soon.

getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
It's called being skeptical. When someone makes a detailed accusation and has evidence to support, but the government chooses to not prosecute some people are skeptical. This skepticism is reinforced by the numbers of accusations that are true, but lack the evidence to get to trial. It's possible to believe someone is telling the truth, but not think there's enough evidence to warrant a trial.

Another thing to consider is accusers feel like they're helping/inspiring victims, who are too afraid to seek justice, by showing their face.

Also, in what way did the JJ accuser roommate look weak and like a loser? Is it not possible for someone to look like a loser, or be a loser but still tell the truth? Can you look good and be a liar? In other words what you think isn't what everyone thinks.

It'll never be a non-story as long as we know that JJ was expelled based upon a preponderance of evidence and then allowed back in school when the a higher standard no longer in use was used. That alone will always make it a story and one that won't be going away soon.
Its people like you who will keep this story alive as if you can re-write history by willing it to be different. The last and final verdict is in. I know that chaps people like you but put some salve on it and move on.

Getgrizzy, why are you one of the few who won't let this rest??? He was not guilty, despite 2 trials. This case should have never went to trial to begin with. There was not enough evidence for a trial, and the trial pretty much proved that was the case.

mtgrizrule said:
Getgrizzy, why are you one of the few who won't let this rest??? He was not guilty, despite 2 trials. This case should have never went to trial to begin with. There was not enough evidence for a trial, and the trial pretty much proved that was the case.

Because s/he is an obvious cat troll. Check the posting history.

CDAGRIZ said:
mtgrizrule said:

Because s/he is an obvious cat troll. Check the posting history.

He either works for the Missoulian or his wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/ significant other does.

mtgrizrule said:
Getgrizzy, why are you one of the few who won't let this rest???

1. You will never get a straight or reasonable answer to this question.
2. Leave it alone….trust me.

mtgrizrule said:
I've read a lot of idiotic posts on this subject, but this is the worst yet.

Did I start this thread? No
Did I ask multiple questions about Belnap and the media? No.
Did I make callous comments about the accusers friend? No.

Yet, I'm the one who won't let it rest? People start threads about a topic, but you only want one side discussed. Let's not mention that when JJ was tried by the school under a preponderance of evidence standard he was expelled. Let's not bring up that JJ was described as religious person, but not that he, at best, took advantage of someone's sexual offer, had no intention of starting a meaningful relationship with her and then couldn't bring himself to say one word to her from the time he blew his load through when she drove him home until he was getting out of the car. Did they teach him that at bible school? We hear what a great guy this JJ (who none of us are more than casually acquainted with) is and we buy it lock, stock and barrel before it even leaves the plant. Yet right in front of us he describes, while telling us he didn't rape his accuser, that he's, at best, a womanizing jerk, who would have too much to drink to drive, call this girl to come get him, then screw the girl who hadn't even showered or fixed herself up in any way.

What a prize.

You can't start this conversation and then expect to not have at least one person inject information from the other side. Welcome to America comrade.

PlayerRep said:
I agree when will the promiscuous BJ woman go away.

Raider said:
mtgrizrule said:

you don't seem to be able to let it rest either why is that?

getgrizzy said:
Raider said:
mtgrizrule said:

Not sure I understand your question. I “let it rest” long ago, and could frankly care less. Ironically, I haven’t even been on e-griz in weeks.

I don’t have a personal agenda when it comes to this subject. I am not the self appointed moral crusader of e-griz, nor do I have personal history with the program that makes me bizarrely obsessed with this subject.

Can you honestly say the same?

getgrizzy said:
Raider said:
mtgrizrule said:

Pretty sure he is letting it rest, and simply (correctly) advising Rule not to engage you because you are not all there upstairs.

Damn it! Why didn't I listen?

Raider said:
getgrizzy said:
Raider said:
mtgrizrule said:

Not sure I understand your question. I “let it rest” long ago, and could frankly care less. Ironically, I haven’t even been on e-griz in weeks.

I don’t have a personal agenda when it comes to this subject. I am not the self appointed moral crusader of e-griz, nor do I have personal history with the program that makes me bizarrely obsessed with this subject.

Can you honestly say the same?
There are things I'm obsessed with, but this isn't one of them. If I were obsessed with it I'd be starting threads about it with more frequently. The people who are obsessed are the ones starting the threads about it.

The only way I have a personal agenda, and this a a stretch, is if you consider my disdain for groupthink a personal agenda.

I am to a certain extent a moral crusader. I mean when we're leading the nation in crime and arrests I'm going to speak. I'd never think that anything I did affected Main Hall, but it was satisfying building that list and just letting it do the work on some of our overzealous, win-at-all-cost fans despite the fact some went into denial about it. Their faux denial was more satisfying than anyone's silence. I'm glad that we've come so far in the past few years with Engstrom, Delaney and Haslem at the controls. I've felt better about the football program the last three years than I did the previous 5-6 years. Winning isn't everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back