• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Champions Center Work Begins

maroonandsilver

DONOR
Phase 1 of the Champions Center project is underway: the re-routing of the main UM electrical power line which lays under a portion of the stadium (why anyone thought this was a good idea at some past time is a puzzler!). This is all that will be done on the project until after FB season ends. The parking lot south of the stadium is partially fenced off.

Really wish we had some good lay of the land drawings of what this will look like. I dont mean the one's of the interior we have already seen. I mean what will it look like from the outside. The one of the outside I've seen is vague.

Where's Northwestfresh at now? Wasn't he the one saying that UM didn't have the funding to get this project going in the next few years? :lol:

Not that recruiting is ever easy, but once this is complete is may become easy. This is a game changer!! Recruits get a big wow factor by the stadium now, but once this is complete the stadium may be the "other" great facility!

Hammer said:
Not that recruiting is ever easy, but once this is complete is may become easy. This is a game changer!! Recruits get a big wow factor by the stadium now, but once this is complete the stadium may be the "other" great facility!

Great thought, Hammer. Personally, I am excited to see all the completed facilities. I am just a fan, and cannot describe how excited I am. Cannot imagine how much more excited the players and recruits are for all this. :thumb:

Hopefully not a curse, but they did rupture a gas line today as digging began.

In related news, Montana State adds "Royal Package" to their luxury skyboxes.

article-2355452-1AA29CA6000005DC-108_964x583.jpg

get'em_griz said:
Where's Northwestfresh at now? Wasn't he the one saying that UM didn't have the funding to get this project going in the next few years? :lol:

He stated it wouldn't be started in the next three years. I tried to bet him on that, then he denied he ever made the statement.

Fucking tool.

Hammer said:

Did someone forget to cal 811? Is a cat grad doing the digging? :lol: Gotta be aware of a sleeper cell trying to f this up!

AZGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:

He stated it wouldn't be started in the next three years. I tried to bet him on that, then he denied he ever made the statement.

f***[*] tool.

If you wish it, some wealthy donor, will come up with some money.... :thumb:

maroonandsilver said:
Phase 1 of the Champions Center project is underway: the re-routing of the main UM electrical power line which lays under a portion of the stadium (why anyone thought this was a good idea at some past time is a puzzler!). This is all that will be done on the project until after FB season ends. The parking lot south of the stadium is partially fenced off.

And burying the lead, the foundation work won't start until nine months until the anticipated opening day. Let's hope they don't come across ancient burial remains or Jimmy Hoffa.

Yukon said:
Really wish we had some good lay of the land drawings of what this will look like. I dont mean the one's of the interior we have already seen. I mean what will it look like from the outside. The one of the outside I've seen is vague.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71446&hilit=Champions+Center

http://www.gogriz.com/news/2015/9/17/GEN_0917155755.aspx

Talked to a guy who is working on the locker rooms and other interior renovations yesterday. Sounds like it is going full speed on that.

Inland NW Griz said:
Hammer said:

Did someone forget to cal 811? Is a cat grad doing the digging? :lol: Gotta be aware of a sleeper cell trying to f this up!

Cat grads are all over....even here in Dallas.

Just last night i ran into a cat grad...went to undergrad and graduate school at MSU..we had to give each other shit obviously and its fun to run into people from Montana in Dallas.....

After a nice convo she said it was great to meet my girlfriend and I even tho we were Griz fans.....than she showed us to our table.

Nice lady

The exterior renderings suggest that it might limit adding a west side second deck...which is like the last decent place for major expansion.

Back