• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oregon under scrutiny for athletics budget

WaGriz4life

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/87805/uo-footballs-budget-getting-some-eugene-heat

Oregon Athletics under scrutiny by former dean of the business school. "They are frustrated because the athletic department always seems to spend exactly what it makes, especially when it's pulling in so much money."

Accounting in athletic departments has been discussed on here, thought some of you would find this interesting. Had no idea Oregon was considered the richest athletic department in the country.

Fu*k that liberal cocksucker, if he wants more money, go out and "business some up". People that want to spend others money need to be punched in their fu*king face

Tod said:
Well, that escalated quickly.

Alpha killed a man. With a pitchfork!

Alpha, you MIGHT want to lay low for a couple days...you're PROBABLY wanted for murder...

AZGrizFan said:
Tod said:
Well, that escalated quickly.

Alpha killed a man. With a pitchfork!

Alpha, you MIGHT want to lay low for a couple days...you're PROBABLY wanted for murder...

This reminds me of Alpha...

https://youtu.be/Mexxt5kb3Po?t=209

Would be interesting to know how much Dennis W and all children and associated organizations have funded griz football??

77matcat said:
Would be interesting to know how much Dennis W and all children and associated organizations have funded griz football??
Got a calculator handy? 7+1+some change = ? Get back to me.

77matcat said:

Generous with their gifts in many ways...not just Griz Football.

"In addition to significant monetary gifts and the creation of many scholarships, Dennis and Phyllis donated the construction of the Washington Grizzly Stadium, a valuable resource for The University of Montana, led other fund-raising efforts, and provided significant financial support to construct the Phyllis J. Washington College of Education and Human Sciences Building at UM. The facility provides state-of-the-art training for teachers, administrators and counselors in current technologies and distance learning."

http://www.dpwfoundation.org/about/dennis-and-phyllis/

Hardworking, loyal Montanans. End of story.

On the flip-side, you cats have Dean Folkvord. http://www.news.hypercrit.net/2013/09/17/no-means-no-gaffe-generates-controversy-for-bobcat-boosters/

Congratulations.

I'd venture a guess that Mr. Fields regularly hears, "Peter, no means no!" when asking for donations.....

EverettGriz said:
I'd venture a guess that Mr. Fields regularly hears, "Peter, no means no!" when asking for donations.....

I would have to disagree with you this time there EverettGriz. I highly doubt that when donors say they are not going to donate to the Bobcats (I know...hard to believe this would ever happen) that Fields is told "No means No!" I see where you are going with this, you know because of the whole Song parody that two boosters did. In it they said "No means No" because of the two rape allegations on Football players at UM (only one was found guilty). I will admit, it is clever, and I would go as far as to say, it did give me quite a chuckle here at work. But in all seriousness, I don't think that Mr fields really does here the exact phrase "No means NO!"

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

I would have to disagree with you this time there EverettGriz. I highly doubt that when donors say they are not going to donate to the Bobcats (I know...hard to believe this would ever happen) that Fields is told "No means No!" I see where you are going with this, you know because of the whole Song parody that two boosters did. In it they said "No means No" because of the two rape allegations on Football players at UM (only one was found guilty). I will admit, it is clever, and I would go as far as to say, it did give me quite a chuckle here at work. But in all seriousness, I don't think that Mr fields really does here the exact phrase "No means NO!"

With help from the MSU Athletic Department.

KoolMoeDee said:
Jake Jabs and Norm Asbjornson

1. Don't Google Jake Jabs if you have a high opinion of him at present.
2. Why do Bobcat sports suck so bad if they are so well funded? It doesn't make sense.

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

Yes, it was a joke, Sac.

CDAGRIZ said:
KoolMoeDee said:

2. Why do Bobcat sports suck so bad if they are so well funded? It doesn't make sense.

Team A mens sports finishes ahead of team B mens sports in the Big Sky conference All sports trophy. Team A sucks. What does that make team B ?

CDAGRIZ said:
KoolMoeDee said:

1.Are you talking about his daughters addiction problem? If so, then it actually worked out well for MSU, as I am pretty sure her inheritance (50MM I think) went to building a new school of business building here in Bozeman

2. I don't know if I would say Bobcat Sports "Sucks"..We have one of the best runners in the country (both indoor and outdoor), a rodeo team that is nationally ranked, a football team that is (in my mind) considered to be one of the best 10-15 programs in the country, a ski team that went to nationals. Our Basketball teams have fallen on about 10 YEARS of hard times, and volleyball has never been very good.

KoolMoeDee said:
CDAGRIZ said:
KoolMoeDee said:

Team A mens sports finishes ahead of team B mens sports in the Big Sky conference All sports trophy. Team A sucks. What does that make team B ?

MSU, for as long as any of its athletes have been alive.

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
KoolMoeDee said:

1.Are you talking about his daughters addiction problem? If so, then it actually worked out well for MSU, as I am pretty sure her inheritance (50MM I think) went to building a new school of business building here in Bozeman

2. I don't know if I would say Bobcat Sports "Sucks"..We have one of the best runners in the country (both indoor and outdoor), a rodeo team that is nationally ranked, a football team that is (in my mind) considered to be one of the best 10-15 programs in the country, a ski team that went to nationals. Our Basketball teams have fallen on about 10 YEARS of hard times, and volleyball has never been very good.

1. No. I thought I read something else where he might have taken some "lady liberties." Maybe it was another guy by the same name. I think it said he was from Denver, so maybe not the same guy.

2. I'm talking real sports. You have to admit, the Cats aren't very good at the sports that have potential to actually make money. Hence the necessity to have the taxpayers fund over half of the charity.

Back