• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TV Kickoff Times

get'em_griz

DONOR
I haven't seen any release of kickoff times yet, but we do know the times for NDSU, Cal Poly, Idaho State and Montana State. I'll update this list once kickoff times for all games have been released. Funny that ROOT Sports gave us somewhat of a night game last year for Cat/Griz, but keeps giving Bozeman the noon kickoff time.

8/29/15 North Dakota State 1:30 p.m. MT
9/05/15 Cal Poly 7:00 p.m. MT
9/19/15 @ Liberty 5:00 p.m. MT
9/26/15 Northern Arizona 2:00 p.m. MT
10/03/15 @ UC Davis 2:00 p.m. MT
10/10/15 Weber State TBD
10/24/15 North Dakota 1:30 p.m. MT
10/31/15 @ Portland State 3:05 p.m. MT
11/07/15 @ Idaho State 1:30 p.m. MT
11/14/15 Eastern Washintgon 1:00 or 1:30 p.m. MT
11/21/15 @ Montana State 12:05 p.m. MT

I was hoping Griz-Cat would be a late afternoon start again, and I wouldn't have to go to Bozeman the night before. But in fairness to MSU, it's actually Eastern Washington's schedule that controls what time Griz-Cat kickoff is. Last year, the Eags and PSU played on Friday night in Portland, therefore the time slot for the Griz-Cat was open to be a later a start. This season, the Eags and Viks rivalry game is set for that Saturday and will kickoff after the end of the Griz-Cat game. That game has now been added to the Root schedule.

havgrizfan said:
I was hoping Griz-Cat would be a late afternoon start again, and I wouldn't have to go to Bozeman the night before. But in fairness to MSU, it's actually Eastern Washington's schedule that controls what time Griz-Cat kickoff is. Last year, the Eags and PSU played on Friday night in Portland, therefore the time slot for the Griz-Cat was open to be a later a start. This season, the Eags and Viks rivalry game is set for that Saturday and will kickoff after the end of the Griz-Cat game. That game has now been added to the Root schedule.

My question is why is it Eastern Washington is the wildcard in determining the kickoff time for Cat/Griz? I would assume than ROOT Sports would want Cat/Griz in the prime time slot to get the most viewers if both games are played on the same day.

get'em_griz said:
havgrizfan said:

My question is why is it Eastern Washington is the wildcard in determining the kickoff time for Cat/Griz? I would assume than ROOT Sports would want Cat/Griz in the prime time slot to get the most viewers if both games are played on the same day.

Ummmmm.......Its the Griz/cat game!!! :shock:

get'em_griz said:
havgrizfan said:

Time zone plays a role...

Hammer said:
get'em_griz said:
havgrizfan said:

Nope...It's not

SACCAT66 said:
Hammer said:
get'em_griz said:
havgrizfan said:

Nope...It's not
YES IT IS!

SACCAT66 said:
Nope...it's not
Last time I checked (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), people can say it however they please. Based on the number of wins, the Griz-Cat game. However, if you wanted to be more accurate you'd call it the "Kitty rollover and play dead" Classic.

Yukon said:

Good point. Of course it's the Cat\griz game and it always will be. I'm actually surprised that Wiki even mentioned that it is "sometimes referred to as griz\Cat. It's dumb. take a look at Wiki for Army\Navy... you don't see any references to Navy\Army... even though Navy is ahead in the series... but of course the Navy fanbase probably aren't a bunch of butt hurt cry babies that feel slighted because they're name comes second in the title of the rivalry. :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army%E2%80%93Navy_Game

poorgriz said:
Yukon said:

Good point. Of course it's the Cat\griz game and it always will be. I'm actually surprised that Wiki even mentioned that it is "sometimes referred to as griz\Cat. It's dumb. take a look at Wiki for Army\Navy... you don't see any references to Navy\Army... even though Navy is ahead in the series... but of course the Navy fanbase probably aren't a bunch of butt hurt cry babies that feel slighted because they're name comes second in the title of the rivalry. :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who's butt hurt? All I said is that people can say it the way they want to. You're the one crying about what sounds stupid and calling other people babies. Sounds to me you ought to look in the mirror if you want to know who has a trouble with the way it is said.

Grisly Fan said:
poorgriz said:
Yukon said:

Who's butt hurt? All I said is that people can say it the way they want to. You're the one crying about what sounds stupid and calling other people babies. Sounds to me you ought to look in the mirror if you want to know who has a trouble with the way it is said.

People can say it the way they want to... if they want to sound stupid. Yes it's a very petty deal but the fact that some griz fans took it upon themselves a few years ago to start saying it backwards because they wanted griz to come first... is pretty lame. The name of the game has already been established, set in stone, and it's been that way for a century. I compare it to things such as... Montana is the Treasure State. If I started calling it the State of Treasures, wouldn't you agree that sounds really stupid? How about if I asked you for a jelly and peanut butter sandwich... would that sound stupid? griz\Cat sounds stupid, but you are correct - people can fee free to call it that and sound stupid if that's the goal. :thumb:

I've always been of the belief that whoever owns something gets to name it.

Since the Griz own that series....

EverettGriz said:

So do you think the Army\Navy game should be changed to the Navy\Army game?

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

So do you think the Army\Navy game should be changed to the Navy\Army game?

I guess anything is possible since people started referring to the Brawl as Cat/Griz instead of Griz/Cat...

poorgriz said:
Grisly Fan said:
poorgriz said:
Yukon said:

People can say it the way they want to... if they want to sound stupid. Yes it's a very petty deal but the fact that some griz fans took it upon themselves a few years ago to start saying it backwards because they wanted griz to come first... is pretty lame. The name of the game has already been established, set in stone, and it's been that way for a century. I compare it to things such as... Montana is the Treasure State. If I started calling it the State of Treasures, wouldn't you agree that sounds really stupid? How about if I asked you for a jelly and peanut butter sandwich... would that sound stupid? griz\Cat sounds stupid, but you are correct - people can fee free to call it that and sound stupid if that's the goal. :thumb:

I agree. It's kind of like purposely not capitalizing Griz or putting another "z" on it to try to really stick it to Griz fans.

Back