• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kraukauer's in Town

He's is here to set up GRIZ fans that retaliate and confront him about his tabloid. Gwen and a camera crew are in disguise as well.

Who cares. He wrote his book. He got the money he wanted. He got the obligatory backlash from the local savages, which gave him more money, and he is done. The more free publicity you give him, the more relevant he becomes.

grizatwork said:
Who cares. He wrote his book. He got the money he wanted. He got the obligatory backlash from the local savages, which gave him more money, and he is done. The more free publicity you give him, the more relevant he becomes.

Bingo

Word on the street (well, ok....Reds) is that Mr. Krakauer is interested in starting a publishing company in Zoo town with none other than Gwen Florio and was looking for a good corporate attorney. Saw him walking out of the Millennium Building this afternoon.

grizbrokebacker1 said:
Word on the street (well, ok....Reds) is that Mr. Krakauer is interested in starting a publishing company in Zoo town with none other than Gwen Florio and was looking for a good corporate attorney. Saw him walking out of the Millennium Building this afternoon.

Captain Jack?

Word on the street is that he is in town to research colleges whose "key athletic donors" have the most influence on their respective athletic department. He was quoted as saying that UM is in the running for a top 5 ranking.

Sorry....If I didn't post it someone else was bound to. I don't mind being the bad guy.

Krakauer records request again going to Montana Supreme Court

1 hour ago • By Keila Szpaller

Jon Krakauer's request to obtain the records of a Montana quarterback accused of rape will go one more round in the Montana Supreme Court.

In an earlier order, the court avoided the best-selling author's fight to obtain documents from the state commissioner of higher education. The court ordered the parties to first resolve attorneys' fees in district court, and it dismissed the case as "premature."

On Monday, however, a lawyer for the investigative journalist said Krakauer and the defendants submitted a joint document to the district court this week that affirms the judge's order and also addresses fees.

"Obviously, this thing has gone on for a while, and I think both parties would like to get us back on track again in the Supreme Court," said lawyer Mike Meloy of Helena.

In September, Helena District Judge Kathy Seeley ordered the commissioner of higher education to allow Krakauer to inspect the documents he had requested. Krakauer is seeking information about former University of Montana Grizzlies quarterback Jordan Johnson.

Johnson was acquitted of sexual intercourse without consent in 2013 in Missoula County District Court.

Multiple university proceedings found Johnson guilty of rape, but Commissioner Clay Christian, also named in the lawsuit, vacated the findings, according to Krakauer's most recent book. "Missoula: Rape and the Justice System in a College Town" was released in April.

The commissioner of higher education appealed the order to provide records to Krakauer. On Monday, Kevin McRae, deputy commissioner for communications, said the agency already is taking steps to again ask the court to address the matter of the records release.

"We believe pretty strongly that we're in the Montana Supreme Court because we have no choice," McRae said.

That's because federal agencies that oversee the university have said the documents should remain private, he said. So the commissioner's office is stuck between the judge's order to release the records and the conflicting mandate of privacy from the U.S. government.

One Montana Supreme Court justice dissented in the decision that called the appeal "premature." Justice Michael Wheat agreed the parties needed to resolve attorneys' fees, but he didn't see the need to dismiss the case entirely.

"I would hold it in abeyance until the District Court issued its final order on attorney fees," Wheat wrote in his dissent. "Judicial economy and convenience to the parties are important considerations in situations like this."

WTH? This is some lame ass reporting by the Missoulian, yet again.

Multiple university proceedings found Johnson guilty of rape, but Commissioner Clay Christian, also named in the lawsuit, vacated the findings, according to Krakauer's most recent book. "Missoula: Rape and the Justice System in a College Town" was released in April.

He was not found guilty of rape in those proceedings. They thought there was enough to take further disciplinarian action at that level against him. That is not being found guilty of rape!!!! After reading that paragraph, I would not blame the Johnson family if they sued the Missoulian. Isn't that paragraph somewhat misleading and demeaning of character?

How could JJ be found guilty of rape in university proceedings? Did they have more evidence than the joke of the criminal trial brought against him? Someone of legal background, please explain this paragraph the Missoulian wrote.

As for Krakhauer, I hope he continues to pursue this to add the law suit JJ will have on his ass too!!!!

mtgrizrule said:
WTH? This is some lame ass reporting by the Missoulian, yet again.

He was not found guilty of rape in those proceedings. They thought there was enough to take further disciplinarian action at that level against him. That is not being found guilty of rape!!!! After reading that paragraph, I would not blame the Johnson family if they sued the Missoulian. Isn't that paragraph somewhat misleading and demeaning of character?

How could JJ be found guilty of rape in university proceedings? Did they have more evidence than the joke of the criminal trial brought against him? Someone of legal background, please explain this paragraph the Missoulian wrote.

As for Krakhauer, I hope he continues to pursue this to add the law suit JJ will have on his ass too!!!!

That was my same initial response. A university court can not find some one "guilty of rape." They can find that his behavior rose to the level that he could be expelled. OMG. The 4th estate has officially crumbled. We are left with newspapers that can no longer make the money on advertising and subscriptions so they are either just taking stuff of the wires or using new grads without any supervision or we get to read something online that is accountable to nobody. I read through the Great Falls Tribune this weekend and just shook my head. There was actually an article that started on the front page and took almost all of page 3 that was actually submitted by a reader. Front page news a few weeks ago was that Andrew Grinde was going to go to college and probably get a scholarship to an Ivy. Not front page of the sports, but front page of the entire paper. I used to think that the Tribune was the class of the state, but I would actually rather read the Missoulian and actually any other paper in the state rather than the tribune. You can actually read "why I wear what I wear" in the Sunday paper in Great Falls.

Now I'm curious what "Why I wear what I wear" is. I bet it doesn't hold a candle to "Tradio" My favorite radio program when I am hunting central Mt. I'm not gonna lie. I seriously try to make it back to the truck in time to listen.

"Hello....you're on Tradio"...... (Pause.....clears throat) ....." Helloooo....you're on Tradio?"......(dogs barking in background) "Uhhhhhh.....ya....I have a 1978......or 79 Chevrolet Chevette.....Uhhhhhh.....uhmmmmm.....it run good when it was parked.....needs tires.....Uhhhhhh....and rims. I'll throw in the cinder blocks.....uhmmmmm.....its blue.....and uhhhhhmmmm rust colored. It's a two door....well a one door but I think k I know where the other one is........asking two fity or best offer......uhmmmmm also have some kittens for free if you can catch them."

signedbewildered said:
Now I'm curious what "Why I wear what I wear" is. I bet it doesn't hold a candle to "Tradio" My favorite radio program when I am hunting central Mt. I'm not gonna lie. I seriously try to make it back to the truck in time to listen.

"Hello....you're on Tradio"...... (Pause.....clears throat) ....." Helloooo....you're on Tradio?"......(dogs barking in background) "Uhhhhhh.....ya....I have a 1978......or 79 Chevrolet Chevette.....Uhhhhhh.....uhmmmmm.....it run good when it was parked.....needs tires.....Uhhhhhh....and rims. I'll throw in the cinder blocks.....uhmmmmm.....its blue.....and uhhhhhmmmm rust colored. It's a two door....well a one door but I think k I know where the other one is........asking two fity or best offer......uhmmmmm also have some kittens for free if you can catch them."

I've never heard Tradio, but that's some funny shit right there. :lol:

signedbewildered said:
You have no idea. It's like a Saturday Night Live skit when Saturday Night Live was good....the Farley days.

I remember my Grandma listening to Tradio all the time, getting mad if I did not get all the phone numbers written down so she could call...

grizindabox said:
signedbewildered said:
You have no idea. It's like a Saturday Night Live skit when Saturday Night Live was good....the Farley days.

I remember my Grandma listening to Tradio all the time, getting mad if I did not get all the phone numbers written down so she could call...

I can picture that. How many times during the show does the DJ have to remind callers to turn their radio down.

Back