• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is this the year?

Mavman

Is this the year MSU wins the national championship??
They have the best offense in the big sky, defense should be better. They have been improving each year for the last 5-6 seasons. will it all come together this year??

SACCAT66 said:
Do we have to play games in November and December?

Yes.

Mavman said:
They have the best offense in the big sky, defense should be better. They have been improving each year for the last 5-6 seasons. will it all come together this year??

No.

Mavman said:

No, they will find a way to be the cats again this year and disappoint their fans when they lose to the Griz and make a "one and done" appearance in the playoffs. Until they prove they can break tradition that is the expectation. They have some nice weapons on offense but their defense is a mystery.

Well there is four blood moons this year and Obama and the Pope are having a meeting in America during the forth one. Armeggedon is near.

So what is it in bozeman that causes this late season meltdown? Coaching, attitude or just a culture?
They should be favorites to win the conference and their early season schedule looks pretty easy. If they could fininsh a season they would be set up to host till at least qtr finals. SMH

Mavman said:
So what is it in bozeman that causes this late season meltdown? Coaching, attitude or just a culture?
They should be favorites to win the conference and their early season schedule looks pretty easy. If they could fininsh a season they would be set up to host till at least qtr finals. SMH

Our first GAME is a cupcake, but from there we have a pretty brutal stretch of traveling to EWU, then Cal Poly at home, then travel to NAU, then Sac State at home, then travel to PSU. Gonna be tough to make it through that unscathed. I'm hoping we only drop one of the five but two may be more likely.

Thing is poorgriz only one of those teams should give you any problem and that is EWU. A good to great team should beat the rest handily. Maybe I'm giving Msu too much credit if their fans are concerned with that stretch of games. Don't get me wrong not saying the griz would roll those teams way too many ????? in zootown.

Retiredram1 said:
Why is this thread on eGriz?

Why would MSU win the NC? They haven't done anything since 1984...Have they even beat a top ten team in the last twenty years? Been past the quarter? I can't remember the Griz ranking during MSU's big upsets...They have squeaked out a few playoff wins and been severely overmatched when they play top-tier teams, including the Griz on a regular basis. Stupid thread. The Griz are more likely to win the NC this year than MSU and that is very unlikely.We don't know if their defense will be significantly better and we don't know that their offense will be as good or better. What we do know is that they tend to get consistently pounded by physical teams like the Griz, Bison, as well as southern teams in the snow. When the Cats wipe the floor with the Griz (never happens) and blowout their 2nd round playoff opponent, then I'll be looking for a run. Until then they seem to be the most overrated, overhyped team in the FCS lately. Their three day stay at #1 some years ago comes to mind...of course stranger things have happened, that's why the game is played and internet dinks don't decide the outcome with opinions.

Mavman said:
Thing is poorgriz only one of those teams should give you any problem and that is EWU. A good to great team should beat the rest handily. Maybe I'm giving Msu too much credit if their fans are concerned with that stretch of games. Don't get me wrong not saying the griz would roll those teams way too many ????? in zootown.
I don't think you are giving Cal Poly enough credit. I agree that they should roll Sac and PSU

Mavman said:

Bought a darn fine Gibson there today thought. The Gibby factory does turn out some fine stuff.

Mavman said:

The Cats have the best offense in the Big Sky?
The Cat defense is better?
The Cats have been improving the last 5-6 years?

Not one thing you said is true...

Before I answer, I need clarification on a couple of questions I have:

Do 0-0 ties count as national championships?
Would there be any video evidence of the championship?

EWU & ISU will have better offenses than MSU. The Griz D will be better than MSU's by FAR.

Mavman said:

Is this a joke? If so, haha. Otherwise, no on all counts of what's in the post.

Back