• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ/NDSU Game Article- read and share

mtgrizrule

All, this article hits the nail on the head. Read it, share it on FB, Twitter ETC, and make sure to use the #ESPN in the share. It would be nice to actually have ESPN treat this game with respect and not bombard us with BCS crap during the game. That is what halftime can be used for. http://no2minutewarning.com/2015/07/college-football-returns-next-month-lets-hope-espn-doesnt-ruin-it/

In any event Brent Mussberger will be doing the play by play for this game. He lives in the Bitterroot and I visit with him every now and then during my stay in Montana. I may not see him befor this game but I was at the function that he met with coach Stitt early this summer. This all should bode well for Montana.

Hey Umista,
Greetings from the lone western plains of ND. If your correct and know for sure if Brent Mussberger is doing the game that would be FANTASTIC. In my opinion he is what : "Oohhh Nelly" Keith Jackson was for ABC Big Ten or SEC games.
Brent was is the best color guy and adds so much drama, that would just add to this opening game of the year for all FCS and some near by FBS coaches and fans.

I am hoping to see if I can score 2 tickets if possible to come out and see this game live. However if Brent calls this game that will still be OK. The tail gating is always such good eats and drinks and comraderie with fans on both sides.

This could turn out to be a shoot out 41-38 field goal wins it like it did 12 years ago in Missoula.
You guys have some great loyal Griz fans..... Bison Fans will be a couple thousand at tailgate to prepare yourself.

Be Herd,
BisBison

Hey Umista,
Greetings from the lone western plains of ND. If your correct and know for sure if Brent Mussberger is doing the game that would be FANTASTIC. In my opinion he is what : "Oohhh Nelly" Keith Jackson was for ABC Big Ten or SEC games.
Brent is the best color guy and adds so much drama, that would just add to this opening game of the year for all FCS and some near by FBS coaches and fans.

I am hoping to see if I can score 2 tickets if possible to come out and see this game live. However if Brent calls this game that will still be OK. The tail gating is always such good eats and drinks and comraderie with fans on both sides.

This could turn out to be a shoot out 41-38 field goal wins it like it did 12 years ago in Missoula.
You guys have some great loyal Griz fans..... Bison Fans will be a couple thousand at tailgate to prepare yourself.

Be Herd,
BisBison

Knowing ESPN and how they do things ... I have serious doubts that FCS and/or Griz-NDSU fans will be happy with their coverage. There are so many FBS story lines they will want to cover -- pre-season polls, who will be starting QB for OSU/ND/Alabama/etc., some controversial coaching move, who-knows-what -- that the game will probably again play second fiddle to all that.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

(Yes, Brent M is okay, maybe even good, but he's still a well-trained shill for whatever the power-that-be want him to push.)

I will put the over/under on FBS propaganda at 100 counting commercials...could be light.

jodcon said:
I will put the over/under on FBS propaganda at 100 counting commercials...could be light.
As suggested above ... I'll take the over. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AllWeatherFan said:
You can say that again!
Bis Bison Fan here again. Even better news for Griz/Bison fans.
After picking up the College Football USA Today Preview, the National TV kick off schedule has no other game slated on Aug.29th for ESPN on that Saturday.

This game very well could be hosted by Brent Mussberger therefore it maybe the first time the Bison have ever been on the #1 ESPN main channel. They played last year on CBS Sports again Iowa State, and 2013 Fox Sport 1 first game Kickoff against K-State, but other then those 2 games its always been at best ESPN 2 or ESPN 3 internet feed which stinks no matter where you are.
That being said the CF Preview is THE National paper for college football so this game hopefully will be hosted for Primetime afternoon kickoff, and the talk should be focused on the storied traditions these 2 schools have and the new rivalry across state lines that comes with it. Many great story lines, the championships, the outdoor venue of Griz Stadium, verses the Dome in Fargo, 2 tall QB's, last time they played in Missoula..... the weather.... and so on.
I also saw that the Sagarin Ratings have the Bison at #48 ranked in the Nation. Griz at 128. Not that it matters because like any game it can be fickle and things go wrong, but we'll see....

Just fun anticipation for both Fans. Again make sure you have lots of room for the Bison Fans. If we have to climb the mountains to tailgate we will, in Mahattan KS we had to be put out to a pasture 1.5 miles away from Schneider Stadium but we adapted like we always do.

See you soon Allweather Fan and remember, we like opening games on the road, that's tradition and your it.

Go Bison, Let the stampede begin.

Bis Bison

BisBison1 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
You can say that again!
Bis Bison Fan here again. Even better news for Griz/Bison fans.
After picking up the College Football USA Today Preview, the National TV kick off schedule has no other game slated on Aug.29th for ESPN on that Saturday.

This game very well could be hosted by Brent Mussberger therefore it maybe the first time the Bison have ever been on the #1 ESPN main channel. They played last year on CBS Sports again Iowa State, and 2013 Fox Sport 1 first game Kickoff against K-State, but other then those 2 games its always been at best ESPN 2 or ESPN 3 internet feed which stinks no matter where you are.

Bis Bison[ /quote]
Seriously? I would have thought the legendary thunder buffs would be on the main channel every week. Well,welcome to Missoula and the Big Sigh. Our first ESPN game was in '89 against the legendary vandals.

AllWeatherFan said:
Wow, that sounds so tribal the way BisBison1 describes it! Awesome!
Yea, remember the first time we were on the big screen? Good times.hope they enjoy the Big City.

Grizbeer said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Yea, remember the first time we were on the big screen? Good times.hope they enjoy the Big City.

Yes, welcome to the UNDSU faithful! All 300,000 pounds of them!

AllWeatherFan said:
Grizbeer said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Wait, aren't they supposed to bring 3,000 fans? That's more like 900,000 pounds, right?

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Grizbeer said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Wait, aren't they supposed to bring 3,000 fans? That's more like 900,000 pounds, right?

I was thinking 1000, but yeah, maybe your math is more correct.

NDSU has been on ESPN 14 times in 4 years, and 2 ESPN Gamedays, thats more than your entire existance.

there'll be 1000-2000 ndsu fans at the game, but most of us arent going because its boring, and NOT a FBS game!

Bisonation said:
NDSU has been on ESPN 14 times in 4 years, and 2 ESPN Gamedays, thats more than your entire existance.

there'll be 1000-2000 ndsu fans at the game, but most of us arent going because its boring, and NOT a FBS game!

So all other road games, not being FBS games, are pretty sparsely attended by T-Buff fans too, then. I would have thought T-Buff nation traveled well, but I guess not. I suppose that's what happens when FB started in 2011 and the vast majority of your fan base are bandwagoners.

Yeah Griz weekends are pretty boring, except for the 30,000 people out and about from Friday afternoon until Sunday. And the breweries. And the music. And the mountains. And the tailgating. Pretty much sucks ass.

Bisonation said:

You must skip all the home games as well....against lowly FCS teams.....

Back