• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dalton Daum: Should he play right away?

grizindabox said:
Jefferson Heidelberger Syndrome
Only you sucrose laden Griz fans drinking kool-aide in Wally World don't realize that every single incoming freshman needs to redshirt. Dumbasses.

WaGriz4life said:
grizindabox said:
Jefferson Heidelberger Syndrome
Only you sucrose laden Griz fans drinking kool-aide in Wally World don't realize that every single incoming freshman needs to redshirt. Dumbasses.

not quite sure how you came to the conclusion that I did not believe he should redshirt...but carry on, you are doing great work...

No. And I'll use Tyrone Holmes as an example....how sweet would it be if he were only a junior right now?

Should he? I'm sure everyone and their brother would like to see him redshirt and grow for a year... but will he?
I say he will not RS, and will most like play ST and see a little bit of action at WR. Gifted kid's like Daum are usually just too good to RS.

I'd say he has the speed and the hands to play. Don't know him so I can't speak to his maturity level which can play a role, too. But at the same time I wouldn't mind him red shirting and getting stronger and getting a great grasp on the play book. I don't know it's a tough one....I hope the best players see the field regardless of age so if he's one of the best

AZGrizFan said:
No. And I'll use Tyrone Holmes as an example....how sweet would it be if he were only a junior right now?

Given that Daum is a WR, and with Stitt saying he's going to utilize ten of them every game...I'd say yes. Or maybe start him as a RS and burn it if the injury bug hits.

SeattleBobcat said:
Should he? I'm sure everyone and their brother would like to see him redshirt and grow for a year... but will he?
I say he will not RS, and will most like play ST and see a little bit of action at WR. Gifted kid's like Daum are usually just too good to RS.

I agree, I'm just not so sure if he'll be "committed' enough to learn this offense in a hurry.

Htowngriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:

I agree, I'm just not so sure if he'll be "committed' enough to learn this offense in a hurry.

Oh Snap!

yes, he should redshirt...more valuable as a 5th year senior than a true freshmen, imo, unless there is no viable option at kick returner. The Tyrone Holmes example was a good one. Really, you could ask this about alot of our incoming recruits and unless there is some gaping hole on the team, my answer would almost always be the same. Should Holden Ryan play running back this year? No...but he could be great wherever he ends up playing.

If he can beat people out to play now he should play. If he can't he should red-shirt. Don't know what is so hard about this.

grizatwork said:
If he can beat people out to play now he should play. If he can't he should red-shirt. Don't know what is so hard about this.

Someone posting with a common sense answer. How refreshing....

Considering that Coach Stitt will probably take a bigger better job after three seasons I say start 'em all otherwise the next coach will be putting square pegs in round holes. Now I would rather redshirt all the freshman but with 10 WR's getting playing time each game I'm guessing he plays.

Dalton Daum should start right away.

At Quarterback.

And D-tackle

And OC

Geez do I have to suggest everything around here?

(seriously though) - if he's one of the top 6 or 7 WRs on the team this fall then yes he should play right away.

Let's put it this way. UM had stats near the bottom of all FCS for KO returns. What do you think?

kemajic said:
Let's put it this way. UM had stats near the bottom of all FCS for KO returns. What do you think?

I think Henderson wasn't returning kicks for much, if not all, of last year? Could have something to do with it.

Back