• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sun belt looking at coastal carolina and eku

billings_poke

Fcs moveups?

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/big-south/coastal-carolina-university/article28445599.html

mtgrizrule said:
Yet more of our FCS counter parts passing us by.

Yes! let's join the Sunbelt! Seriously though, if we got a Mountain West invite that would make it interesting, but I don't understand the huge desire to jump into a bottom of the barrel FBS conference of mostly eastern teams. And what good FBS conferences in the west have we turned down lately, btw?

Alaska Griz said:
mtgrizrule said:

Yes! let's join the Sunbelt! Seriously though, if we got a Mountain West invite that would make it interesting, but I don't understand the huge desire to jump into a bottom of the barrel FBS conference of mostly eastern teams. And what good FBS conferences in the west have we turned down lately, btw?

I think for some of us, it is not so much of being FBS, but more of a fear of being left behind. There is a possibility,in time the GRIZ could be in a worse situation than we are now, if we continue to wait too long. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
Alaska Griz said:
mtgrizrule said:

I think for some of us, it is not so much of being FBS, but more of a fear of being left behind. There is a possibility,in time the GRIZ could be in a worse situation than we are now, if we continue to wait too long. :thumb:
Sounds like having a baby to save a marriage. Bad soon is worse than really bad maybe sometime someday maybe.

Sorry, but I don't want to see the GRIZ be DIV II or worse than our current position. GRIZ NATION has worked way too hard to build the football and basketball programs to be left behind. It would be disappointing if the GRIZ are left behind out of fear.

By passing us by you mean becoming irrelevant and going from a winning tradition to a losing one. Then i guess your right. Neither of those teams could build a team to.compete in the fbs. We all know it.

GoldenEagle said:
grizzies, don't worry too much. You will always have a place in the tier 2 BSC.

Can you imagine the things that would have to happen for EWU to move up? I mean, holy shit! Nowhere near ready for anything at all.

mtgrizfankb said:
By passing us by you mean becoming irrelevant and going from a winning tradition to a losing one. Then i guess your right. Neither of those teams could build a team to.compete in the fbs. We all know it.

Georgia Southern and Appalachian State passed us by, and they're doing very well for themselves right now. Georgia Southern won the Sun Belt title in their first year 7-3, 8-0! App State finished 3rd at 7-5, 6-2. App and Georgia Southern are playing with their peers, so they are able to compete with the conference. This idea that if you move up to the next level you'll become irrelevant and no longer have a winning tradition is bologna.

CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:

Can you imagine the things that would have to happen for EWU to move up? I mean, holy shit! Nowhere near ready for anything at all.

Such as increasing their attendance to 15k plus consistently?

mtgrizrule said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:

Such as increasing their attendance to 15k plus consistently?

Uh, yeah, except they don't have a place to put anyone over like 9,000, so I think something else would also have to happen along with about 75 other things. I can't believe I've never thought of this before, but they are definitely trapped in the BSC no matter what. Sad program.

CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:

I understand your need to deflect my comment. Your forum is so pumped right now, with your new DII "guru" coach and all. I don't blame egriz for nervously yearning for a good season. Personally, I don't see it happening. The egriz meltdown that ensues will be delicious. I have read them in the past and they are always entertaining. What do you think will happen when the EAGS get their stadium expansion and keep rolling in the BSC? egriz always blames MSU for being the anchor that keeps UM from moving up. That is the most lame excuse from the kings of excuses.

GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:

What do you think will happen when the EAGS get their stadium expansion and keep rolling in the BSC?

The same thing that happens when the PAC calls UM and says, "USC is fucking out, and you guys are fucking in," and then AC/DC flies over WAGRIZ playing "Thunderstruck" on the backs of unicorns that shit ice cream and piss beer, and everyone in the crowd is super pumped because we are up 34 on LSU with 6:00 minutes to play and Les Miles says WAGRIZ is the loudest stadium he's ever been in, whilst shivering from the cold.

statler & waldorf said:
Christ! When you dream, you DO dream big! I'll be there that day.

Make sure you don't miss the completion of the Gotwood Project in Cheney. It's scheduled for the same day.

I see egrizzers are still working on the quote feature. Change can be painful. Keep practicing and this interweb stuff will become easier.

Back